Buerge Jeep in West LA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Buerge Jeep in West LA

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

Buerge Jeep in West LA

Would love to hear others thoughts on this place... I've had nothing but horrible experiences here. If you have too, please share.

They have failed at all three levels, and they don't seem to care.

Sales: I walked in on a Friday night to talk with a salesman. I told him what I wanted, asked him about pricing and if we could sit and go through it. He stands there with his hands in his pockets, looks up at the ceiling and spitballs me a quote, as if he didn't take me seriously.... I said "Well, sound like you're not interested in selling me a car, so I'll just go elsewhere." This dealership is a mile from my house, so I would have preferred to go there, but instead, bought a Jeep 2 days later at another place an hour away.

Parts: Everytime I've had something needing a part, the parts dept wouldn't have it in stock, wouldn't get it in, and in a couple cases, simply forgot to order it when I followed up why I haven't heard from them 3 weeks down the road.

Service: Both times I've brought it in, once for the compass not being accurate and now for the heater, they haven't been able to determine the problem. Now they're keeping it 2 days just to pull the dash off? They've also been horrible at returning calls. Never get back to me. After a week, they install the new heater core and I go to pick it up... I get in, wires from my bluetooth mic and the rear USB cord are sticking out everywhere because they didn't remember how it went back together... had them fix it.. I leave, and notice the compass isn't iluminating anymore.... Bring it back in... They look at it and tell me there's no compass module in the Jeep.... "What?" I said... Though they refuse to admit it, they some how managed to lose the module when the dash was apart... So now they need to order it and I have to bring it BACK in next week.

When I've voiced these issues, they simply don't seem to care at all... I'm at the point that I'll drive to the next dealership 30 minutes away just to avoid these guys... What a joke!

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like your dealing with inexperienced help? Every time I go by my local dealer there's a fresh batch of newbie salesmen standing out front twiddling their thumbs. Probably experiencing the same thing in their shop?
Hotshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
VINCH

I have used H.W. Hunter Dodge here in Lancaster Ca. All of the issues you have had at your dealership WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED at H.W.
@ H.W. Hunter Dodge Chrysler Jeep a 5 star dealership
For sales see Bud Fulp he is the sales manager
For service see Barry Fulp he is the assistant service manager
if you decide to come up here let me know in advance. I can call them and let them know to expect you and what your needs are

I have bought over 6 vehicles from them in 15yrs they get all my warranty work and then some with the discount coupons I get in the email. And I have gotten up to 20% discounts on parts

All the vehicles I have purchased from them I got for at least $10k under MSRP
my current 2012 3500 Ram CC 4x4 srw sb CTD 6.7 H.O listed for $51k I walked out the door with it for $37k always got smokin deals from them in the last 3 yrs I have sent 6 people to them they all left with new trucks or jeeps and a **** eating grin on their faces

There are good dealerships out there but I have found it VERY IMPORTANT to build a relationship with the dealership of your choice

I can not walk into H.W. without someone greeting me by name and asking what they can do for me. I am old school if I like the service from someplace I stick to them. This dealership has been around here since I can remember I have lived in this area since 1978
Pin striping by Bob Spina
VINCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, unfortunately, its hard for me to make an hour drive to Lancaster from Santa Monica every time I need service. Its a shame Buerge has fallen so short, its in my neighborhood, easy to drop it off and have someone pick me up or take a cab, then grab it after work...

If anyone else has any issues with Buerge, please share.. Not meant to turn into a ***** fest, but I'd like to put together a case to Jeep to step in. If no one bothers to file complaints, this dealership gets to continue with, hell, just plain laziness and apathy.

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
VINCH

I hear ya I commuted for 7 yrs to santa monica hated it badly

If you want I can ask my service writer ( Barry) who he would recommend down there

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using JeepForum
Pin striping by Bob Spina
VINCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

When I first got my TJ (used) I was told that Buerge was where all the maintenance was done.

So I took it to them (back when I lived in an apartment and couldn't work on my jeep myself) to check out the front locker, ended up that the locker was fine, but the sensor that tells the dash light to light up was broken. I told them that's fine, and didn't have them replace the sensor. I forget what they charged for the time and labor to open up the diff, but it wasn't outrageous.

Since then now that I have space to work, I perform all the maintenance and work myself. However, I did go back once more a year or so later to see if I could get a record of the passed maintenance history, since the vehicle was supposedly taken to Buerge all the time by the previous owner. They were nice enough, confirmed that indeed they were the location that had performed all the maintenance and said they would have a detailed copy of the records mailed to me. I never received the records.

They seemed knowledgeable about the TJ when I was there talking with them about the locker. As far as them not mailing the records to me, who knows if that got lost in various departments, or if they just decided not to send it to me. I don't know.

When I first moved out here (2005-2006) I purchased a mustang GT from them, ordered since they didn't have what I wanted on the lot. They ended up giving me the best price out of all the dealers I contacted, and they went the lowest when I started having them match prices to other dealers. I was glad that they were the lowest, since I lived real close to them. It all went pretty smoothly, accept for one small interior item that was supposed to have been included in the package wasn't actually there (I forget what it was, like a trim piece, or something, something that I honestly didn't really care about anyway). I took it to them a few times for major maintenance items and a few TSBs and no problems, even after I had heavily modified the engine and suspension. That was 7 years ago though.
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
mrchips59
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I had good experience with Buerge, took my Lifted 06 Rubi there for warranty work on the axles and they took care of me no problem
mrchips59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #8
RadarRob2010

I would recommend going to dealerrater.com and checking out the reviews of all the dealers closest to you. Just my $.02 worth.
RadarRob2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #9
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

Well they went out of business... So Good!!

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
Unread 06-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #10
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINCH View Post
I have used H.W. Hunter Dodge here in Lancaster Ca. All of the issues you have had at your dealership WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED at H.W.
@ H.W. Hunter Dodge Chrysler Jeep a 5 star dealership
For sales see Bud Fulp he is the sales manager
For service see Barry Fulp he is the assistant service manager
So have you been to Hunter since? I was there back in September of '13 after buying my TJ to get the speedo recalibrated to match the new gears and tires and it was the WORST experience I have ever received at any dealership in my entire life.

I made an 0800 appointment, got there early, and was told "I will have until the tech that can make the changes pulls the tranny out of a vehicle that has been here for months!" WTF!!!

I did not get my jeep back until after 1400 and when I talked to the service manager he said "so what, that's how we do things here" I then talked to the general manager and got the same responce so to me, **** them!

I am glad you have had a good experience, mine sucked.
Unread 06-30-2014, 01:19 PM   #11
OriginalSnowman
1995 ZJ 

I had good experiences with them. They were interested in my build. They were convenient to parts. I will miss them.
OriginalSnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2014, 07:37 AM   #12
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

That place is a joke. I went there once when I was in the market for a Grand Cherokee. I was looking for a Limited with a V8 and four wheel drive. I told the salesman exactly what I wanted and the first thing out of his lips were "you don't need four wheel drive." I immediately knew I wouldn't be buying from this idiot. They didn't even have a four wheel drive Jeep on the lot either, which is of course why he was saying what he was saying. Before I left I checked the prices on several Jeeps on the lot and their pricing policy was to add 5K+ on top of MSRP. Nobody pays MSRP let alone $5k above it!!! I went to Don-A-Vee Jeep and paid $300 above dealers invoice for exactly what I wanted.
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #13
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

They aren't open anymore, I think.
Unread 07-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #14
OriginalSnowman
1995 ZJ 

Both Buerge Ford and Buerge Jeep are seriously closed.
OriginalSnowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.