Big Bear labor day weekend run! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Big Bear labor day weekend run!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
wrtusmcTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Big Bear labor day weekend run!

Nothing set in stone right now but me and some other jeepers are looking to make a camping trip on labor day weekend...plan on going up through Cleghorn staying the night around lake arrowhead then getting the next morning and hitting Big Bear, don't have a set plan on what trails yet but will most likely include Gold Mt and John Bull. Spent this last Sunday up there had a good run through John bull, if your interested just let me know.

Thanks
John

wrtusmcTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
BossCherokee
1985 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrtusmcTJ View Post
Nothing set in stone right now but me and some other jeepers are looking to make a camping trip on labor day weekend...plan on going up through Cleghorn staying the night around lake arrowhead then getting the next morning and hitting Big Bear, don't have a set plan on what trails yet but will most likely include Gold Mt and John Bull. Spent this last Sunday up there had a good run through John bull, if your interested just let me know.

Thanks
John
You should try Dish Pan Springs it has a couple of waterfalls!
BossCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
DirtyCJ7

1984 CJ7 

sounds like fun.

[B][url]www.pimpyourtrailrig.com[/url]
[url]www.pimpmytrailrig.com[/url]
[url]www.outfitmy4x4.com[/url]
[url]www.outfitmytrailrig.com[/url]
[url]www.edgeoffroad.com[/url] [/B]
DirtyCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
wrtusmcTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah we may give it a shot, I actually have never ran it how's it compare to John Bull as far as difficulty
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
BossCherokee
1985 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrtusmcTJ View Post
Yeah we may give it a shot, I actually have never ran it how's it compare to John Bull as far as difficulty
Can't say truthfully, i haven't run John Bull in 15 years. But went to the gate on bike and it's dug out a lot. Deep Creek is nice has a vertical ledge/fall and a crack waterfall. lost my front driveline weld on it in June. I did a front dig and the weld (my crappy tubing job & weld) broke at the joint. I could have welded it there but I did not have any rod. Oh and thanks for your service! I have a coastie on patrol in the Carribean.
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
BossCherokee
1985 XJ Cherokee 

I may be going to John Bull this weekend (Sat) to try out my driveline and and rear Currie axle shafts. I need to change my trans fluid by friday if I go, I put a remote cooler with an electric fan on it with a remote trans spin on filte, so I want to change the fluid!
Unread 08-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #7
DaK09

Dishpan has one main obstacle, a rutted out waterfall. Its a pretty good challenge but other than that one, nothing else to really write home about. You can youtube the videos of the waterfall. Has one tricky spot, then nothing.

We won't bother with Dishpan again, just not enough when compared to John Bull and Holcomb.
DaK09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
93ZJ_5.2_ca
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure what happenend lately to John Bull, but it kicked the crap out of me last month when I went. Ive been up and down it in the last 4 years no prob. Last month it was tough. take a well trained spoter.
93ZJ_5.2_ca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
smithjw
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ill be up there this weekend. I'm in for a run. Still new so i will follow a good spotter. Just came back from Miller jeep trail last weekend. Lots of fun.
J.
smithjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
medic4army
2010 JK Wrangler 

I can't make it a weekend trip, but would any of you be willing to meet up in BB or arrowhead? I can be there as early (AM) as needed.
medic4army is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
wrtusmcTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good guys we will be going in through cleghorn and staying Sunday night at arrowhead and then heading out in the am to big bear to do for sure johnbull and most likely dispan, my contact number is 7604021066 if u want u can text me and we can try to work out a meet up place in BB Monday morning....John
Unread 08-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
smartshot
Web Wheeler
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I will be up there this Friday. Basically I think I'm going to camp at crab flats then head to Big Bear- I did john bull about a month ago, It was much harder then I remembered it but nothing to bad. Where is the meetup place? A few guys from pirate might be taking some trails too that might be fun.
smartshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
wrtusmcTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Most likely Denys in bb yeah we did John bull last month didn't really seem all that difficult but who knows lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.