Big Bear - 3/3 Anybody? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Big Bear - 3/3 Anybody?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 02-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
RubiDubiDoo
2010 JK Wrangler 

Big Bear - 3/3 Anybody?

Looking for any groups or activities going on in Big Bear on March 3, Saturday? Me and a buddy are going up to goof off... So that's two guys and two jeeps - looking for a plan.

Any ideas?

Is Gold Mountain open in the winter?

Husky 310TE
RubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

you can always go skiing

i'm up there quite often, but only for snowboarding. I'd like to find some trails up there
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
geocash
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Several good trails but we could get snow between now and then that would shut them down. I have a trail map at home, I can see if they are closed during winter.

If they are open I could be up for going.

There is a listing of BB trails here, unfortunate the conditions have not been updated for years.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/reports/
geocash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Jam86
2012 JK Wrangler 

I might be interested in going my schedule is kind of in the air right now though. Ill let you know has it gets closer.
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
GOATKrawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i recignize this thread title. lol ive run a bunch in big bear one trail i havnt run but heard is good (not crazy difficulf or to easy) is dishpan springs ide be down for that.
GOATKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
geocash
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Dishpan as an option - Just know what you wish for.

Dishpan Springs Trail can be found in the San Bernardino National Forest near Lake Arrowhead. The Dishpan Springs Trail is one of the toughest and most popular trails in the SBNF. The favored direction of travel is from West to East starting on 2N26Y Hook Creek Rd. Dishpan Springs Trail is available to street legal vehicles and green sticker vehicles.

You can expect to encounter large boulders, deep ruts, steep climbs and a dry waterfall. The US Forest Service rates this trail a black diamond most difficult trail and it is not recommended for stock SUVs. Body damage and breakage are a possibility. Elevation ranges from 4700' to over 5900' and during the winter months snow and ice add to the difficulty of traversing the trail.

Have to admit it sounds like my sort of trail
geocash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
Xjman1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I love me some Big Bear, but that is Tierra Del Sol Weekend and I am already committed. Have fun and take lots of pics.
Xjman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
BillGOTD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, this does sound familiar...Im in!
BillGOTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #9
RubiDubiDoo
2010 JK Wrangler 

Cool. I'll post agian as it gets close. The weather may affect the trails, but rain or shine we're going to get away. Wheelin is a bonus for goof-off. Hope we get to find an open trail.
Husky 310TE
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
RubiDubiDoo
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
i recignize this thread title.
Inter-Networking
Husky 310TE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.