Big Bear - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Big Bear

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #46
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckRunner09
Yeah the cobra 19 was what I ran in my mud truck back home but none of the Walmarts in oceanside carry any cb stuff at all. I'll keep searching though, there's gotta be one around me somewhere that's got them
We stock it at Hemet. $35.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #47
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah the cobra 19 was what I ran in my mud truck back home but none of the Walmarts in oceanside carry any cb stuff at all. I'll keep searching though, there's gotta be one around me somewhere that's got them
We stock it in Hemet. $35.
Unread 10-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #48
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckRunner09 View Post
Try truck stops too. Lots of them have CB's.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #49
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hemet is quite a drive from here just for a cb. I'm gonna check radio shack and truck stops after work and see what I can find for cheap.
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #50
chevyblazer5150
1995 ZJ 

We usually just use walkie talkies when we wheel. I have no desire to cram a cb into the already cramped interior of my ZJ. Plus you can use the hand helps while your spotting unlike cbs where you have to be in the vehicle to use it. Just my .02
1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo, V8, 242 T-case swap, custom driveshafts, bumpers/rock sliders, X20 8000# winch, Rough country long arm kit w/5.5" rustys springs, full Detroit rear locker, HP D30/trutrack, 4:11 gears 32x11.5x15 Maxxis MT's
chevyblazer5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #51
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyblazer5150
We usually just use walkie talkies when we wheel. I have no desire to cram a cb into the already cramped interior of my ZJ. Plus you can use the hand helps while your spotting unlike cbs where you have to be in the vehicle to use it. Just my .02
I do not know... I've ran with both. Cb's are the way to.

Have you seen this one? As long as you are doing runs with a group and not an exploring the wilderness/back country by yourself these are the ticket for tight quarters.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Interior-...t_pn=COB75WXST

FYI. That's just the one from 4 Wheel Parts. It's carried by many other retailers.
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #52
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyblazer5150 View Post
That works if there's only two or three of you, you have enough radios, and always wheel with the same people. If you have 10+ people and wheel with people that you meet up with for the first time at the trail head, CB is the only way to go.

Like the one in the link that zombie posted, there is no box to mount. That's the one I have.

They do also make units that mount permanently, but have wireless handsets so you can take it with you out of the Jeep, spotting, etc.

http://www.uniden.com/cb-radios/wire...e/invt/bc906wg
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #53
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking
That works if there's only two or three of you, you have enough radios, and always wheel with the same people. If you have 10+ people and wheel with people that you meet up with for the first time at the trail head, CB is the only way to go. Like the one in the link that zombie posted, there is no box to mount. That's the one I have. They do also make units that mount permanently, but have wireless handsets so you can take it with you out of the Jeep, spotting, etc. http://www.uniden.com/cb-radios/wire...e/invt/bc906wg
That's actuall pretty cool. Haven't seen that one.
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #54
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

Picked up a used cobra ultra crap 19 at a pawn shop for $20 and a coax and whip from radio shack for $35. got the coax run, just gotta mount the antenna and cb tomorrow and I'm good to go
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #55
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Picked up a used cobra ultra crap 19 at a pawn shop for $20 and a coax and whip from radio shack for $35. got the coax run, just gotta mount the antenna and cb tomorrow and I'm good to go
Don't key the mic without the antenna hooked up.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.