Big Bear - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Big Bear

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 10-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, it's open. All known trails (trails listed on the maps) don't have gates. They won't close unless there's some kind of major accident or something.

Furthermore, there's no government in Big Bear. It's just anarchy!

suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #32
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS BUT I LIKE IT!

Haha sorry first thing that pops in my head when I hear anarchy..
Unread 10-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #33
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckRunner09 View Post
ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS BUT I LIKE IT!

Haha sorry first thing that pops in my head when I hear anarchy..
Works for me!
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #34
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

The camp grounds are closed but word on the street is that no one is enforcing it.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #35
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well I read somewhere you can camp in places besides the camp grounds which is what I prefer anyways. Two nights, no tent, no worries! I got a hammock that rooks right out of the Jeep so I plan on finding one of the yellow post sites I read about and Hitchin up there for the night
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #36
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckRunner09
Well I read somewhere you can camp in places besides the camp grounds which is what I prefer anyways. Two nights, no tent, no worries! I got a hammock that rooks right out of the Jeep so I plan on finding one of the yellow post sites I read about and Hitchin up there for the night
Good luck!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #37
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

Big bear was pretty awesome. Our plans pretty well turned into "let's wing it" though since 2 of the 3 trucks in the party bailed out. Went up anyways and ran into Ann old friend of mine who was also up there on a wild hair adventure not sure where to go. We ended up asking a local where to go and ended up doing the white mountain trail. I had a blast, nothing too tough but just enough for me to giggle like a school girl!

Oh yeah and I got a surprise 1 3/4" lift Thursday so that helped allot! Thinking about going out somewhere again this weekend if anyone is down
Unread 10-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #38
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Big bear was pretty awesome. Our plans pretty well turned into "let's wing it" though since 2 of the 3 trucks in the party bailed out. Went up anyways and ran into Ann old friend of mine who was also up there on a wild hair adventure not sure where to go. We ended up asking a local where to go and ended up doing the white mountain trail. I had a blast, nothing too tough but just enough for me to giggle like a school girl! Oh yeah and I got a surprise 1 3/4" lift Thursday so that helped allot! Thinking about going out somewhere again this weekend if anyone is down
Look on the WF:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/tur...sh-258650.html

They are going gold Mnt and Jon bull Friday. Then on Saturday heartbreak and Pontiac sluice.

I'm up for anything thur the 10th and it looks like I may do both days on that run. My only problem is the lateness if the Friday run. I wanna do those trails but not sure about starting at noon like they are going to.
Unread 10-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #39
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

How strict are they about the full size spare and cb? Those are the only two things i don't have.. I wouldn't be able to make it Friday for sure but I wouldn't mind the Saturday run. Seems like it'd be a pretty good time to me anyways.
Unread 10-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #40
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckRunner09 View Post
How strict are they about the full size spare and cb? Those are the only two things i don't have.. I wouldn't be able to make it Friday for sure but I wouldn't mind the Saturday run. Seems like it'd be a pretty good time to me anyways.
Not strict at all. CB is not required. You should have a spare, but doesn't have to be full sized.
Unread 10-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #41
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well I know it's not "ideal" bit I've got the stock 225 spare running 285s now... Pretty well useless actually unless I'm in a last ditch resort kind of situation but I've got a plug kit on board too for any minor holes I could get.

My cell reception sucks at my house so maybe I missed it on one of the middle pages in the thread but what time is everyone hitting the trail Saturday?
Unread 10-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #42
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Well I know it's not "ideal" bit I've got the stock 225 spare running 285s now... Pretty well useless actually unless I'm in a last ditch resort kind of situation but I've got a plug kit on board too for any minor holes I could get. My cell reception sucks at my house so maybe I missed it on one of the middle pages in the thread but what time is everyone hitting the trail Saturday?
Saturday at 0900. I too have a plug kit on board too. If say a spare 2 sizes below what you run is worthy. I was with a guy last week that had a side wall puncture with no visible tire on back. Freaked me out cause how the f**k an I getting g this guy back if the road. Luckily he had one under his back seat. Lol.

Saturdays run is a piece of cake. Cb though is as a necessity because you have to communicate to everyone one in the run.

Are you a duck fan?
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #43
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just like duck hunting. A lot lol. I'm originally from Minnesota so the nickname followed me from back home out to here.

I might just have to break down and buy a cb after all. I haven't really seen much use for them out here but then again I haven't wheeled with a sizeable group like this since I was back in Minnesota. I hope everything works out and I'll be able to make it up this weekend.
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #44
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I just like duck hunting. A lot lol. I'm originally from Minnesota so the nickname followed me from back home out to here. I might just have to break down and buy a cb after all. I haven't really seen much use for them out here but then again I haven't wheeled with a sizeable group like this since I was back in Minnesota. I hope everything works out and I'll be able to make it up this weekend.
I have wheeled with 2 and 12. It's a necessity. A cobra 19 is like $35 at Wal-Mart and $20 for cable and bracket makes it work. Get it. There's also a cb that's handheld but I do not know... It's hit or miss on that. I have two Walkie talkies in the bug out bag so it's ok. But in a group I think it's needed.
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #45
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yeah the cobra 19 was what I ran in my mud truck back home but none of the Walmarts in oceanside carry any cb stuff at all. I'll keep searching though, there's gotta be one around me somewhere that's got them

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.