Berdoo Canyon, Joshua Tree Park - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Berdoo Canyon, Joshua Tree Park

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 10-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
SoCalJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Berdoo Canyon, Joshua Tree Park

Has anyone done this trail? It is rated 4 and I was wondering if there would be any problems with a stock JK 4-door Sahara

Unread 10-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
redrock53
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jk Berdoo is not difficult

I just got my flame red JK rubi unlimited last month. So I can't speak about doing it in a jeep. I did drive it two years ago in my stock 97 4runner. It was pretty easy, I drive slow, slow enough to often change my mind and pick another line. I did meet a CJ with four passengers heading the opposite way near the end of the trail in the park itself. At this point I wondered if I would need the capability of the jeep to finish the run into the park. A little ways further and I discovered that I had already covered the hardest parts. I look forward to trying some of the more difficult trails now that I have the JK. I think the clearance will make a big difference on the more difficult trails. I did take the 4runner on the Bradshaw, Red Canyon and the Pinkham the same week. Lots of sand so be ready to air down. I would imagine all these would be easy in the jeep.

RedRock53
redrock53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #3
redrock53
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jk

RedRock53 [/QUOTE]

I feel more like I do now then I did before!

Last edited by redrock53; 10-06-2007 at 02:26 PM..
redrock53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2007, 07:41 AM   #4
SoCalJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock53
I feel more like I do now then I did before!

Thanks Redrock. I feel more comfortable now. Will let you know how the JK went when we get back.
Unread 10-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
sabu
1983 CJ7 

Cj

Don't be discouraged when you start out. There's a shooting area at the enterance that's loaded with trash. But it cleans up as soon as you get to some wheelin'.

There's actually some history to the trailhead and some remains of a slab city. It's just been littered to h***.
sabu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
Russ Chung

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I ran down Berdoo Canyon from Joshua Tree in August (night run). There were a few difficult obstacles but they all had bypasses. A stock JK Unlimited that took the bypasses could run the entire trail in 2 wheel drive.

This is an example of an obstacle but it has a bypass:

Most of the trail looks like this:

And there is lots of junk in the lower part of the canyon:
Unread 10-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
roadking
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's been a year since I took this trail, but overall it's very easy. Bad rains could make it tougher and there was a storm there last month. There is one section that may require you use 4wd, otherwise an easy trail. The comments about junk at the bottom are true...but once past that it's nice, especailly once in J-Tree. Plus...no place to pay the park fee if you go in and out on the trail. I've seen stock CR-V's do it...go for it and have fun. J-Tree is a great park.

[url]http://video.google.com:80/videoplay?docid=-2512249746173560379&pr=goog-sl[/url]

[B]65 million firearms owners killed no one yesterday - Assault is a behavior, not a device.[/B]
roadking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #8
Humboldt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If thats the trail Im thinking, I use to use it as a short cut to Palm Springs when I was stationed in 29 Palms. Would save me 10 minutes or so and I got to wheel a bit. That was on a TJ with a budget boost and 31s.
Humboldt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.