Bay Area (SF / San Jose) Easy Trails? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Bay Area (SF / San Jose) Easy Trails?

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 02-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #1
Cisco93jeepYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bay Area (SF / San Jose) Easy Trails?

Anyone know of any easy trails between San Francisco and San Jose, or as close to that as possible? Ideally unmaintained dirt roads that are legal to drive on.

I'm also interested in Jeep clubs in the area but need to upgrade my equipment first.

Thanks!

Unread 02-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
hawk3ye
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hollister would be my first suggestion. I "think" it would be about an hour from SJ. There's a lot of clearly dirt trails and an offroad playground play it but always bring a buddy would can pull you out.

Bay Area JP Club
hawk3ye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

yea hollister is pretty much it around here. go to www.bayarea4x4.com its a pretty dead site now, some of the guys are dicks but dont let it scare you away. kinda a hazing.
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
pdangerp

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Carnegie SVRA is a good place to start out too. There are also some dirt roads up off hwy 17 and summit road.
pdangerp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hollister is the closest to you, I would check it out for sure. There is suppose to be a scenic dirt road off hw 17 close to SC you can try looking up. Also try this web site may give you some roads
http://www.totalescape.com/active/wheelz/bkrds.html
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

If you check out the norcal thread they're planning a trip to hollister March 12-13 I think.
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.