Bay area meet/greet - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Bay area meet/greet

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Reply
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #151
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82
hey guys, I'm down for Hollister in march! I'm up in Vallejo, so it's a bit of drive but if we're camping then it's worth the drive. Haven't been there in years. Got a 01 TJ, lifted, winch, ect ect...

picture in its current state:

<img src="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=351828"/>

hopefully I'll have it all put back together by Sunday.
Sounds great man, I know Camilo started the Hollister hills thing. We should all try figuring out a good time to head up together.
EDIT: I'm free pretty much every weekend. No holidays in march so depending on what people want we could do a weekend or just the night.

Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #152
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 502
On a side note I've been doing more research and Im curious about this Body Armor brand. Its not extremely over priced they have bumpers, rock sliders, skid plates basically the works. I like that essentially everything I could want for after market would come from one brand. Has anything heard anything good or bad about them?
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #153
JPetru82
Senior Member
 
JPetru82's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vallejo, Ca
Posts: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam86
On a side note I've been doing more research and Im curious about this Body Armor brand. Its not extremely over priced they have bumpers, rock sliders, skid plates basically the works. I like that essentially everything I could want for after market would come from one brand. Has anything heard anything good or bad about them?
from what I've heard they got decent stuff. all my stuff ( rock sliders, bumpers) are all smittybilt.
JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #154
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,223
I've got the body armor tub sliders. I actually used them on the short blue trail that led us to the top of the hill on the last run. Bad karma had three wheels on the ground but I was completely on my side. They hold up just fine!
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #155
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82

from what I've heard they got decent stuff. all my stuff ( rock sliders, bumpers) are all smittybilt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
I've got the body armor tub sliders. I actually used them on the short blue trail that led us to the top of the hill on the last run. Bad karma had three wheels on the ground but I was completely on my side. They hold up just fine!
Well looks good so far, ill see what type of bumpers and stuff they got, and then maybe I can work out a deal.
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #156
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,223
There is always smittybilt... It's some extra welding and extra painting but totally worth it with the proper prep and time put into it.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #157
JPetru82
Senior Member
 
JPetru82's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vallejo, Ca
Posts: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
There is always smittybilt... It's some extra welding and extra painting but totally worth it with the proper prep and time put into it.
not even. they've gotten much better over the years. The new bumpers I put on a few months ago don't need any extra welding done to them. And so far no issues with the textured finished that came on them.
JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #158
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 502
I looked but I have heard so much trash on them about quality (which is what I care about) i just figured I should stay away. By the way my girls busy all weekend again so my schedules cleared up. The only thing I really want to do is take my wheels off, clean them, sand them a little and spray paint them black. I'm picking up the sand paper and matte black paint tomorrow. If its has nice of a day as it was today I may start tomorrow. If you need help moving just give me a holler.
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #159
Camilo98
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Nothing illegal will take place. I don't know anyone that will compromise their careers to do someone a favor. He's just really helpful. I had replaced my exhaust manifold with a stock replacement and none of the other shops would even run the emissions test without a letter from Chrysler verifying that the parts were oem.

I wouldn't suggest anything illegal. I've been on this board long enough to know the difference. Sorry for misconstruing my point.
All good man! That's weird you had a hard time finding a spot to have it smoged. I understand the helping out part as I am a licensed smog tech myself. I've had friends have problems w emissions so they bring them to me to diagnose and repair.
__________________
Bay Area and Norcal Region
-----------------------------
ToyotaPro.com
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #160
Camilo98
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam86
On a side note I've been doing more research and Im curious about this Body Armor brand. Its not extremely over priced they have bumpers, rock sliders, skid plates basically the works. I like that essentially everything I could want for after market would come from one brand. Has anything heard anything good or bad about them?
I don't have any of their products nor any of the jeeps I wheel with but if the reviews are good the go for it! For skids I recommend UCF, savvy, or poison spyder. For bumpers and fenders I Really recommend Metal Cloak here in Rancho Cordova, seen their products up close and in action, customer service is great. I like to help out local Cali shops so savvy, psc, metal cloak, poly, genright, all those guys make awesome products.
Edit: and how could I forget.. For anything JK check out Off Road Evolution, those guys are on top of the game for JKs
__________________
Bay Area and Norcal Region
-----------------------------
ToyotaPro.com
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #161
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98

I don't have any of their products nor any of the jeeps I wheel with but if the reviews are good the go for it! For skids I recommend UCF, savvy, or poison spyder. For bumpers and fenders I Really recommend Metal Cloak here in Rancho Cordova, seen their products up close and in action, customer service is great. I like to help out local Cali shops so savvy, psc, metal cloak, poly, genright, all those guys make awesome products.
Edit: and how could I forget.. For anything JK check out Off Road Evolution, those guys are on top of the game for JKs
I didn't even know or think local. I'm sure its probably a little more expensive but the fact that I can order and pick it up possibly even same day is good. Even better if I need help I can go see them vice having to deal with a machine
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #162
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam86 View Post
I looked but I have heard so much trash on them about quality (which is what I care about) i just figured I should stay away. By the way my girls busy all weekend again so my schedules cleared up. The only thing I really want to do is take my wheels off, clean them, sand them a little and spray paint them black. I'm picking up the sand paper and matte black paint tomorrow. If its has nice of a day as it was today I may start tomorrow. If you need help moving just give me a holler.
As much as I cosy use an extra hand, I'm still endebted to you for the skid incident. Bring the jeep to my shop Saturday afternoon and we can paint them there if you'd like.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #163
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

As much as I cosy use an extra hand, I'm still endebted to you for the skid incident. Bring the jeep to my shop Saturday afternoon and we can paint them there if you'd like.
Don't worry about the debt lol just giving a friendly hand. When I joined the navy I stopped working on my vehicles it was just so much easier to drop it off before work (excuse to be late) and pick it up later that day or week (excuse to leave early). So its nice to get back under the hood so to speak and learn/relearn everything.
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #164
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,223
Offer is on the table. We are departing to pick stuff up at like 0900 so I'll be around the shop all day anyway.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #165
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 502
Ill come help want to meet at your shop at 9?
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.