Badge of Honor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Badge of Honor

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Badge of Honor

Hello,

Has anyone completed a jeep trail from the "badge of honor" app? I am a former motor crosser/off roader and just completed my first off road trail in Idawild. I was thinking of going to borego springs and take the pinyon mountain trail next month.

It says the difficulty level is 3-9. That seems pretty hard to gauge.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/birth-zombiehunta-1612329/
zombiehunta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Pinion Mt trail has never been very difficult but you have to get through The Squeeze which requires a good spotter to avoid rubbing and the drop off at Heart Attack Hill stresses some people. It's a good trip overall. The only real downside is that's it's one way only so it is a long drive around if you need to get back to the beginning.

Here's some pix from a few years ago.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply. Pictures looked cool.

I think the squeeze looked worse the the hill. For some reason my jeep feels 5 feet wider then each of those... Haha

You said it's only one way, so once you start the trail you have to finish? By chance do you know if there are any other trails up there?

Thank you very much for your time.

@ZOMBIE Hunta!
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

jbolty,

I may have answered my own question. I followed your SD link and seen the trail maps you uploaded. Much appreciated. I see where it stated one-way. Probably a good turn around spot for my first real ride.

Thanks

@ZOMBIE Hunta!
Unread 05-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
jbolty,

I may have answered my own question. I followed your SD link and seen the trail maps you uploaded. Much appreciated. I see where it stated one-way. Probably a good turn around spot for my first real ride.

Thanks

@ZOMBIE Hunta!
No one is going to give you a ticket for going the other way, or turning around.

There are not many other trails around there but if you looked at the SD link you might have seen Oriflamme and Rodriguez not too far away.

If you follow pinion to the end you end up in fish creek then Ocatillo Wells. Or, you can cut thru to Canyon Sin Nombre and the mud caves.

I like to camp at Blair Valley; it's always the coolest spot in the desert and it's dead quiet.
Unread 06-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jbolty,

Good call on the trail. The squeeze was pretty tight and not to many trails around. We ended up taking Rodriguez canyon into banner and Julian. It was a cool ride.
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunta666 View Post
Jbolty,

Good call on the trail. The squeeze was pretty tight and not to many trails around. We ended up taking Rodriguez canyon into banner and Julian. It was a cool ride.
Good deal. Pinion trail usually has 2-3 spots that are a minor to mid challenge. I have not been out there for a couple of years to see how the rains have changed it. Any pictures?
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
zombiehunta666
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jbolty,

Wish we went further on the trail but here are a few. The last scenic shot is coming down the Rodriguez canyon trail. Very rough rocky trail but pretty easy. Great views once you get out of the sand wash.
image-1776906333.jpg   image-1423099962.jpg   image-4212948725.jpg   image-206422925.jpg   image-4061299296.jpg  

image-1127787152.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.