AUG 24th-27th MILLER & Surrounding - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > AUG 24th-27th MILLER & Surrounding

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 08-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Talking AUG 24th-27th MILLER & Surrounding

Even though it's only Miller.....

We're hittin up Miller and some of the other trails close by. I'm open to day or night run on Miller.. Yellow jacket if you guys want to run that trail as well..111, 112,113, 118/119 are easy and pretty..and close by...I'm open to whatever the majority wants to do.

We'll be staying at Dutchman's Campground this time due to fires allowed only in fire rings. (Dutchmans is WAY better than Hungry Valley Park. Less noise.) If you're not familiar, here's a link with all the info: http://www.summitpost.org/alamo-mountain/651100

Miller is rated Black Diamond, but stock rigs can go through no problem. You'll want to have sliders for a couple spots near the top, but other than that, you'll be fine. There are a few rocky areas, steep climbs and tight turns. There's also a bit of flat trail riding. Yellow Jacket is a bit greener with a creek at the end of it. It's always fun to go there..cool off and have lunch....

I'm open to how ya'll want to run it that weekend! Just need to decide so we can set a time for a meeting for those rigs who want to join, but can't get there Friday night..and need to meet up with us Saturday morning...

I'm heading up Friday afternoon after work..If you’re camping, please bring wood; as camping just isn’t the same without a campfire!

Who's comin' ?

1. I H8RDS- Lorie
2. Crittert- Aaron **Fri-Sun
3. Maverick243- Parker **Fri-Sun
4. 4x4smurf -Lorenzo **Fri-Sun
5. rkwfxd-Rich **Fri-Sun
6. werubiblue06-Bernie and Vanessa **Fri-Sun
7. iwanna-Dan **Fri-Sun
8. CALIJK **Sat
9. smithjw
10. JP

Lorie

Unread 08-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Redstarlover
2001 WJ 

We did MJT on the 18th and we saw no one, enjoy.
Matt
Unread 08-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ya, I run Miller a lot. More than half the time, we'll see nobody. And never on Yellow Jacket. Makes for good Naked wheeling with my boyfriend
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
smithjw
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm new to wheelin and would like to give it a try.
smithjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the Disease!!

Great trail for you to start on

I'm leaving from work on the Seabee base at 230pm today; caravanning up with a few friends. We're meeting at the Chevron on Harbor and Seaward in Ventura. (Forgot to look at where you're at) Come on up with us, or when you can..if you can't get with us until tomorrow morning, we're meeting another guy at the Fyling J in Gorman at 10am Saturday morning. 42810 Frazier Mountain Rd, Lebec, CA 93243 From there, we'll hit the trail.

I'll PM you with my cell so you can call if you need to. Once we get there, I'll lose cell reception.

Looking forward to meeting you! I roll with an awesome bunch of people :P

Lorie
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
smithjw
2008 JK Wrangler 

Miller Jeep Ride

Sounds great! I will be leaving today I will try and meet up with you. I have a few friends who will be riding in gorman so we will try to get to that campground.
Thanks
J.
smithjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! I should be up at Dutchman's by 530-6p..we need to stop in Fillmore for wood real quick. Probably be coming into the HV park off Smokey Bear exit around 5pm ish; maybe sooner..

My rig: White TJ, American flag painted diff covers and flag fyling driver, My Jeep Rocks windshield banner. If you guys are playing in the practice area around that time, you'll see us roll by. One of my friend's has a very blue JK 4 door and there will be 2 others rolling as well.. the rest are up at camp or meeting us Saturday.
tongue.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.