Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Anza Borrego Trails and Camping Trip

20K views 404 replies 23 participants last post by  CaribouLouWJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Its time for another Anza Borrego camping trip! Come on out and run The Squeeze, Heart Attack Hill, Diablo Dropff and other cool desert trails. We will be camping at Blair Valley and it is dry camping.

WHEN: Friday, March 20th through Sunday, March 22nd.
WHERE: Little Blair Valley, Anza Borrego
WHAT: Offroading...duh, Beer, Food
MISC: CB Channel 24. There will also be a meeting point, most likely Ramona, on Friday afternoon for those who want to caravan out.

The Squeeze

Sandstone Canyon

Pinyon Mountain Trail Map

UPDATED INFO!!!

We will be meeting at the trail head for Pinyon Mountain at 9:00AM. This is where we will air down and get ready to go. For those making it for the day only there is plenty of room to park tow rigs at the trail head. We will be hitting the trail at 10:00AM.

Due to the varying tastes in beer, the lack of confirmed people and the fact that there will be people under 21 camping, this is now a BYOB trip. The keg has been canceled. I don't feel like being liable for someone under 21 being caught drinking and my name on the keg.

The meet time in Ramona on Friday the 20th is still TBD. Stay tuned! :2thumbsup:

Here is where we will be camping:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=33.035345,-116.402732&spn=0.004317,0.013733&t=h&z=17

Here is the trail head for Pinyon Mountain. It is marked by this sign:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=33.035499,-116.402797&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=17&sll=33.035345,-116.402732&sspn=0.004317,0.013733&ie=UTF8&ll=33.056893,-116.42081&spn=0.004316,0.013733&t=h&z=17

I've put together a list of those going for sure and those who are on the fence. If I have you on the wrong list, by all means chime in!

Jeebs & brother
Stvdiego
4X4grey88
Premo
Jbolty
Daniel
Sebastian22 & Beth
AyalaLJ - Possibly only Saturday

BP88
98TJGuy
CaribouLouWJ
merkur92
AyalaLJ
RikRotorhead
BrandonTJ
MooJr
imabig

See less See more
#251 ·
Off to a bad start. Got stuck in the middle of a police chase on the I805 with some fool tossing money out the window as the cops chased him. CHP and SDPD stopped traffic in both directions so played parking lot for awhile.

Stopped in Ramona for dinner, so much for cooking over the fire in the desert.

On top of that I remembered too late that I left the "ON" timer on the TV so my fish will be watching TV all weekend. Maybe they'll show Jaws :p

I also forgot my ten gallon compressor, if anyone has on they can bring along for the Sunday air-up bring it along, I have electricity

Should be out there in about an hour, I'll post up coords when I get there

#274 ·
No one...yet...

On top of that I remembered too late that I left the "ON" timer on the TV so my fish will be watching TV all weekend. Maybe they'll show Jaws :p
HAHAHAHA!!! did you manage to score any of the money they were dumping out the window? YIKES!
hey, how cold was it out there last night? just curious how much clothing i should bring up there with me...

sooo...i managed to get the work done meant for weds (stupid skunk!) done last night! all 4 lights are wired (properly) and managed to fix my stabilizer (i guess i hit something and it moved???). Jason, i might need that CB from ya after all...i dont think this one works.

#257 ·
Do you have enough cash to cover some shopping? I'm running out of time in a bad way, if you could hit the fresh and easy by my house and pick up some random ish, that'd be sweet. I'll get you back when I get home from school (around 330)

#259 ·
Get a bunch of flats of bottled water, snack food for when we're on the trail, and just some random bbq stuff. Fresh and Easy on MiraMesa by my house is really cheap, and has good stuff.

#262 ·
Read this on another Jeep forum posted by a guy with a Grand Cherokee....

Stay to the left as you enter. Ride the left front tire up the wall and keep it there as long as possible, using the tires sidewall. There is a little lip on the rock face that will help. When the back is getting close, let it drop off the lip/sidewall slowly, and you should be OK.

#267 ·
I'm taking Korys advice and taking the mirror off the passenger side. We did a side by side on our rigs today, and with a good spotter, and the fact my tires stick out alot, I think I'll be ok.

#283 ·
We are here: 33.02.122 116.24.135

98 degrees, sunny and not a cloud in the sky.

The Jeep flags and blue light are up, we're tucked in just off the dirt road.

I'll put a sign out on the highway at about 4 o'clock, bright green with it's own flashing blue light., hard to miss

When you pull in follow the signs that read Marshall South and Morteros. You'll have the hills directly to your left, follow that road about 3/4 mile in and you'll find us. Plenty of room, the fire pit is ready, the :cheers2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.