Anyone in the Temecula Valley?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Anyone in the Temecula Valley??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
SpydermanTJ

Anyone in the Temecula Valley??

Hey I need some local buds to go wheeling with. I'm just starting out, as far as trail running goes, and the local stuff is getting boring. Not quite ready for Steel Bender or Hell's Revenge status, but it looks like Anza-Borrego has some good stuff, and I'd like to try the Ortega's soon.

Anyone out there that has room on the roster for one more Jeep??

Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJGuy View Post
Hey I need some local buds to go wheeling with. I'm just starting out, as far as trail running goes, and the local stuff is getting boring. Not quite ready for Steel Bender or Hell's Revenge status, but it looks like Anza-Borrego has some good stuff, and I'd like to try the Ortega's soon.

Anyone out there that has room on the roster for one more Jeep??
I'm here in Murrieta. I go wheeling with the san diego group. They have outings pretty often and are a great group of people to hang with.
They are hosting a trip you might want to get in on, in Anza Borrego on the weekend of March 20th.
I'm positive you would be welcome. They will be doing runs like the squeeze, heart attack hill, diablo dropoff, and others. Great experience for any off roader.
There is a thread started about it in this section. Check it out. Hope to see you there.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
SpydermanTJ

Yeah I'm thinking about making the trip out there. I'd have to get Saturday off from work, but it's probably worth it huh? Good news is, my college is refunding me $400 for a class I signed up for and they canceled. So I'll have some new rockers, a front bumper, and hopefully a CB radio....
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
Unread 03-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #4
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah I'm thinking about making the trip out there. I'd have to get Saturday off from work, but it's probably worth it huh? Good news is, my college is refunding me $400 for a class I signed up for and they canceled. So I'll have some new rockers, a front bumper, and hopefully a CB radio....
Definately worth it, but not if taking the day off puts you or your boss in a bind.
The SD group is very friendly and welcome newcommers especially. You will have a great time.
RJC#512
Unread 03-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
JeepWithNoName
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Don't mean to be an eavesdropper but what is the name of this San Diego group? Are they a club or just a gathering of enthusiasts? I live in the area as well and would like some people to wheel with. Let me know when you can.... thanks.
Unread 03-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWithNoName View Post
Don't mean to be an eavesdropper but what is the name of this San Diego group? Are they a club or just a gathering of enthusiasts? I live in the area as well and would like some people to wheel with. Let me know when you can.... thanks.
The name of the group Is "the San Diego Rikrotorhead Wannabe's"

They don't have a name, it's just a bunch of people that live in the area and have regular GTGs. Nice active group. Modding parties, BBQs, beach trips, etc.. Most trips end up with at least 10 to 15 Jeeps.

They are right here in the "South West USA" section listed as "San Diego Area".

Just jump right into this thread >>right here<< and introduce yourself.

They have a campout planned for this month at Anza Borrego, with some of the best wheeling in the area.

Hope to see you at a meet/run sometime soon.
RJC#512
Unread 03-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #7
SpydermanTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Definately worth it, but not if taking the day off puts you or your boss in a bind.
The SD group is very friendly and welcome newcommers especially. You will have a great time.
Getting the day off isn't a problem. It's losing the full days work
I got Sat and Sun off, so I'll be out there around 9 or 10 am Sat
Nightcrew #162

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:56 AM   #8
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Getting the day off isn't a problem. It's losing the full days work
I got Sat and Sun off, so I'll be out there around 9 or 10 am Sat
Not sure what time they will hit the trail. You might want to chime in on the Anza Borrego Campout thread and find out. Otherwise you might be playing catch up.
First stop is the squeeze, so things will slow there a bit. Time to catch up if you need to.
RJC#512
Unread 03-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWithNoName View Post
From what I've recently learned the SD group is apparently called the San Diego Rikrotorhead Wannabe's Jeep Club and Beer Drinking Guild, or something like that.

New folks are always welcome as long as fun is a priority and ya got a good sense of humor and don't mind getting lost, um, I mean exploring, the desert and other spots.

Like Rick said we get together a couple of times a month to wheel, work on Jeeps, drink beer and talk about wheeling or just drink beer

Friends of Rick get a discount on initiation fees, reduced to a single six-pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
The name of the group Is "the San Diego Rikrotorhead Wannabe's"

They don't have a name, it's just a bunch of people that live in the area and have regular GTGs. Nice active group. Modding parties, BBQs, beach trips, etc.. Most trips end up with at least 10 to 15 Jeeps.

They are right here in the "South West USA" section listed as "San Diego Area".

Just jump right into this thread >>right here<< and introduce yourself.

They have a campout planned for this month at Anza Borrego, with some of the best wheeling in the area.

Hope to see you at a meet/run sometime soon.
Don't tell 'em about the secret handshake

We'll be camping in Blair Valley, a few miles east of Julian and south of the S-2. For the most part we don't really believe in early morning starts, we generally try to be considerate and wait for the birds to wake up, have coffee and all that. Not to mention that plans change on the fly as we run along and ponder important life questions like, I wonder where that trail goes?

Come on out, if nothing else we always eat good and have plenty of
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
JeepWithNoName
2002 TJ Wrangler 

this sounds like a great time... LOL. I'd like to make it out to that. Thanks so much for the invite. Hope to see/meet all of you there.
Unread 03-08-2009, 04:13 AM   #11
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
From what I've recently learned the SD group is apparently called the San Diego Rikrotorhead Wannabe's Jeep Club and Beer Drinking Guild, or something like that.
T-shirts with the club name are available in red or black, available for $19.95 in all sizes.
Beer mugs with name will be available soon.

RJC#512

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.