Anyone near Beale AFB? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Anyone near Beale AFB?

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 04-24-2009, 05:06 AM   #1
tophusaf
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone near Beale AFB?

I will be there in August for a few weeks and I am debating on whether or not to take my jeep with me. Anyone know of any good places to go on the weekends that are pretty close to the base?

tophusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Pretty much anyone in the Sacramento Jeepers thread is going to be at least somewhat close to Beale. Goobersbro, is in Yuba City, that's next door to Beale.

August huh,,,, so you couldn't make it out anytime when the temps aren't closer to that in hell???
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
2000TJDude
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Fordyce and the Rubicon are both easily doable from Beale. Fordyce is closer but takes a well set up rig to complete. If your jeep is in the same condition (i.e. setup) as in your picture then I wouldn't attempt either of those. There are a lot of great rides in Tahoe National Forest though that would be great trips for you.
Unread 04-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
tophusaf
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Pretty much anyone in the Sacramento Jeepers thread is going to be at least somewhat close to Beale. Goobersbro, is in Yuba City, that's next door to Beale.

August huh,,,, so you couldn't make it out anytime when the temps aren't closer to that in hell???
Trust me itís not my choice, I was supposed to be out there right now but the Air Force saw it necessary to me to the sand box first.
And yes my jeep is stock, but I don't even know if i will be driving. I looked it up and its something like 24 hrs total from texas to there. So I may just suck it up and do without a vehicle for a month.
tophusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, I've driven it 6 times between here and OKC, it's roughly 24 hrs. I'd leave it at home I didn't even notice you were in Abilene.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
Goobersbro

yea i would leave it at home only because there is nothing super close to the base except for the gold fields and there not all too grand and can be quite scarry to be honest and nothing out there is all that grand just some super sketchy like if you screw up you lose your jeep kinda stuff its fine out there for quads but jeeps are too big lol. Most of everything else is up in the Sierras which isnt too bad of a drive if you going to do a weekend run or something but most of the runs it helps to have a little more than a stock jeep ya know

there is also the shad pad in the riverbottoms between Yuba city and beale but all its good for is testing out the newest thing you put on your jeep and thats it its quite booring and not worth driving the jeep out for.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.