Anybody near long beach want to do a radio check for me on CB? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Anybody near long beach want to do a radio check for me on CB?

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
socaldaveh

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Anybody near long beach want to do a radio check for me on CB?

So, against my will but because so many groups require a CB to join a run, I've installed one. I tried finding somebody already on one to help me with a radio check but couldn't seem to crack the nonstop stream of 9 year old on crack language and behavior. I'm no prude but holy crap was that bad.

So, I'm looking for somebody local with a CB that can meet up to test it. I'm free any day after 2pm.

I really wish more people would get 2m (ham) radios and licenses, it's pretty easy to pass the test and using repeaters is a game changer.

You can read about jeeps all you want, but if you take a jeep that you don't love out on the trail, she'll shake you down just as sure as the the turning of the world. Love keeps her going when she ought to break down, tells you she's hurting before she dies. It's a jeep thing, you probably won't understand.
socaldaveh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
socaldaveh

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh also, if you haven't tuned your antenna I have an SWR meter and pigtail and can help with it.
You can read about jeeps all you want, but if you take a jeep that you don't love out on the trail, she'll shake you down just as sure as the the turning of the world. Love keeps her going when she ought to break down, tells you she's hurting before she dies. It's a jeep thing, you probably won't understand.
socaldaveh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.