Any Wrangler wrenchers in the victorville/apple valley area ???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Any Wrangler wrenchers in the victorville/apple valley area ????

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
88joker88
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Any Wrangler wrenchers in the victorville/apple valley area ????

just got a 88 yj with an extremely low mileage 99 4.0 & 5 speed swap that's only 85% done ...
anybody around here that knows there way around a jeep blindfolded want to come point me in the right direction or help me wrench ?

HAVE CASH $$$

I have above average wrenching skills but have never owned a jeep.

Needs the rest of the wiring figured out.
Needs Rear drive shaft altered for the slip yolk eliminator.
Needs Front Drive shaft installed.
Needs the 99 Tank installed "i think"
needs 99 ignition installed "i think"
fuel lines ran
4x4 shifter installed "might need a different one"

Can do some of it myself but could definitely use someone who knows what they are looking at's help.

Thanks Guys!

88joker88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
88joker88
1988 YJ Wrangler 

nobody around here that knows their way around a wrangler that wants to help me out and make some extra cash huh?
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
DaK09

Check here, local club in your area.

http://victorvalley4wheelers.com/smf/index.php

Wheeled with them a few times. Good people. Had some YJ's on the run.
DaK09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
88joker88
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK09 View Post
Check here, local club in your area.

http://victorvalley4wheelers.com/smf/index.php

Wheeled with them a few times. Good people. Had some YJ's on the run.
thanks!
Unread 03-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #5
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Man. I'm out in Phelan and I wish I could help. If you were doing YJ drivetrain stuff I might be able to. lol. Although the front driveshaft should be simple. Could just be a matter of getting new u-joints to match the new t-case. And you should be able to use the existing fuel rails, just plumb them from the tank and then to the FI on the motor with the correct fittings.

If your t-case has a slip yolk eliminator already, you don't modify the rear drive shaft you buy a new one. Try here http://www.4xshaft.com/ really good company.

Edit: I was browsing the other site and noticed you have the tank up for free. Is it the plastic one?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.