Any light off-road trails in Angeles Crest? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Any light off-road trails in Angeles Crest?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
mpo

Any light off-road trails in Angeles Crest?

Any there any light offroad, scenic dirt/small rocky trails in the Angeles Crest in the San Gabriel Mountains?

mpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
5artist5
1972 CJ5 

yeah, there are lots of dirt roads up there.
I was up there last weekend and I only found one that was open since the snow though.
After the snow melts though, they will probably open a lot of them up.

72 CJ5 258-3spd d30-d20-d44
[QUOTE=Bsktbll109;6293409]Does your rearend guy do gears?[/QUOTE]
5artist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
mpo

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me the names of the roads or how far in they are? I'd like to find some of them, thanks!
Unread 12-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
5artist5
1972 CJ5 

there is 4N37, 3N17, 4N32, 4N33, you kind of have to drive around and find them to see if they are open or not.
Googlemaps has a lot of trails up there, but some of the ones they list are never open. It can get frustrating for sure.

72 CJ5 258-3spd d30-d20-d44
[QUOTE=Bsktbll109;6293409]Does your rearend guy do gears?[/QUOTE]
5artist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
swedishdwarf
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The San Gabriels are just covered with fire roads. Many of the lower elevation ones are open year round. One of the best views of the San Gabriel "back range" is from the Sierra Pelona motorway, which you can catch right across the street from Bouquet Canyon reservoir. Since you asked about the Angeles Crest and not Angeles Forest, I'm guessing you are coming from the other direction?
Unread 12-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #6
mpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishdwarf View Post
The San Gabriels are just covered with fire roads. Many of the lower elevation ones are open year round. One of the best views of the San Gabriel "back range" is from the Sierra Pelona motorway, which you can catch right across the street from Bouquet Canyon reservoir. Since you asked about the Angeles Crest and not Angeles Forest, I'm guessing you are coming from the other direction?
If by other direction you mean a little south of the San Gabriel mountains, then yes. Are there any roads in the forest then too? thanks.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.