Any Jeep clubs near West Los Angeles, CA? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Any Jeep clubs near West Los Angeles, CA?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 02-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
got_4_lo

Any Jeep clubs near West Los Angeles, CA?

Im looking to join a local Jeep / Offroad club and get out on the trails more often - anyone know of any near West Los Angeles / Santa Monica area?

Thanks
sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTJ
I came home to be spit on and protested against in Boulder, Colorado. Most of the people have no clue. And that's why we do what we do. We give up our freedom so they can enjoy their freedom.
got_4_lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
phant0omx
2012 WK 

you should visit www.myjeeprocks.com it's not a club per-se but it's a group that has members from other clubs. they just like to go on runs and usually every week there is a run somewhere.
phant0omx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Check out the Cal4Wheel directory -
http://www.cal4wheel.com/index.php?o...per&Itemid=112
cvd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
1sickJEEP
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvd View Post
Check out the Cal4Wheel directory -
http://www.cal4wheel.com/index.php?o...per&Itemid=112
cool link....
Unread 09-02-2009, 01:29 AM   #5
dobber_spe
1981 CJ5 

not too many options out there for LA County...

Newbie here in Long Beach. I too was looking for a local club to join, not too many options for the beach cities. I have been looking for some fun places to go that are reasonably close as I am still testing the reliability of my new to me CJ5. Let me know if you find anywhere to run out to. Anyone else have some suggestions on clubs or runs to try?

Thanks!
Unread 09-02-2009, 03:41 AM   #6
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

im in lakewood, and i dont know of any around here either. best bet would be join MJR (myjeeprocks.com) and post up in the forums.. theres always runs going on with them. maybe someday when im not stock i'll join in on some. but untill then... ???
Unread 09-03-2009, 01:41 AM   #7
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

hey jitp wasnt it you that just got rearended? hey we should make our own club like beach citys offroad or somethin LOL

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2009, 03:41 AM   #8
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

yea it was me. just got part one of the estimate today (rear end.. still waiting on front end, then body shop for frame/body panels if anythings wrong there). now just waiting to get it fixed hopefully by the 19th so i can go to big bear for a snowboard contest and then go wheeling the next day.

seriously i've wondered why theres no jeep clubs around these areas. im not too into the club idea though.. i'm not about to go to mandatory meetings and pay to be a member. just post up some runs here, im always up for something as long as my stock LJ can make it through!
Unread 09-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #9
dobber_spe
1981 CJ5 

no "club" club

Ditto on the dues and administrative stuff! I just want to get out and wheel. BTW, I am pretty stock as of right now as well. Lemme know if you guys want to ride this long weekend. I am trying to find a place semi-close so I am not stuck in our wonderful SoCal traffic!
Unread 09-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #10
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

yea i need to get back out, it's been a while. i'll definitely post up when i get it back. maybe a quick cleghorn trip? thats a fun trail. i just dont know when i'll be getting my jeep back at this point. insurance adjusters are ****ing morons. well, at least the 2 i've been dealing with.
Unread 09-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #11
Mark Beer
2008 WK 

hi I'm kinda new around here. joined last year or so when I had a '04 Grand Cherokee. lost that in a wreck last month. now I own a '95 Cherokee Sport 4x4.

I live in the East SFV area. I know of the good places to go off-road, but I'm looking for a good offroad parts store. I've seen one in Burbank on Victory Blvd, but it's not there anymore. I just need to buy some trunk struts to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JITP View Post
yea i need to get back out, it's been a while. i'll definitely post up when i get it back. maybe a quick cleghorn trip? thats a fun trail. i just dont know when i'll be getting my jeep back at this point. insurance adjusters are ****ing morons. well, at least the 2 i've been dealing with.
is your ins co 21st Century?
Mark Beer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2009, 12:56 AM   #12
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

i think just regular part stores carry the trunk struts like kragen pep boys etc

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
dobber_spe
1981 CJ5 

specialty Jeep parts

Mark,

Check out Jeep Solutions. It's here in Long Beach, but I am sure they can hook you up. 5901 Paramount Blvd. Long Beach, CA 90805 (562)428-3678. These guys are all hardcore Jeep enthusiasts.
Unread 09-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #14
Mark Beer
2008 WK 

yup I got a pair of struts at Pep Boys. there was a minor problem (unless I put the struts on upside down). I had to loose the top screw in both rear side panels and push it back a bit for the socket of the strut to fit firmly.

dobber, LB is a long way down from Studio City. thanks anyway. I'll try and check them out on the next visit to my sis in LBC. her husband is a Jeep fanatic as well.

I finally located the OffRoad Unlimited store in Burbank, on the same street but different building, but I've decided that it's not the one I will be going to on a frequent basis.

has anyone been up at the western end of Mulholland Road in the Santa Monica Mtns? I finally cranked my Jeep into 4x mode and did a lil ridin'. not much, but it's a nice quarter of a mile of dirt.
Mark Beer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 02:21 AM   #15
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

jeep solutions is about 5-10 minutes away from me. never been in there, but i've heard good things about them. plus they've got a badass jeepster commando sitting outside there all the time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.