Any fun trails close to Palm Springs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Any fun trails close to Palm Springs?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
dotcominfo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Any fun trails close to Palm Springs?

I'll be in Palm Springs this weekend with some friends, and I was wondering if there were any decent jeep trails to explore within a relatively short drive from town? I know there's a jeep tour outfit who does a drive in and around the San Andreas fault area, but I think I remember reading that it was private property and only the tour company is allowed on those trails.

I'd love to get a little 4x4 exploring in this weekend while I'm out there, if there's something anyone would recommend.

dotcominfo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Sinisterphoto

Ocotillo wells is fun, about an 1 1/2

check this place out, lots of stuff to do,

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Truckhaven_Hills
Sinisterphoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
dotcominfo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks! Yeah, as I'm looking into it more, it seems like everything worth checkout out is an hour or more outside of Palm Springs. We'll just need to plan for travel time a little more. :-)
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I tagged along on this,,,

http://cynthiashidesertblog.blogspot...ighty-old.html

with this group,,,

www.justruns.com
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ocotillo wells (TDS) area is only 60 miles and is a straight shot up the 10. Whats the gripe? TONS of fun wheeling out there. Thats about all you got being in flame-town. And I mean that by the heat of course.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
dotcominfo
2011 JK Wrangler 

No gripes here. I'm going to be with a group of friends who are not into off-roading, so in order for me to be able to get in some time on the trail, I'm going to have to present a hell of a sales pitch. :-) If it were just me, I'd be there at the crack of dawn ready to play and explore!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.