any 4x4/jeep clubs near Los Angeles? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > any 4x4/jeep clubs near Los Angeles?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 03-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

any 4x4/jeep clubs near Los Angeles?

I'm wanting to get involved with a 4x4 club of some sort, to wheel with folks who have more experience than myself, and to go on trails that I would not be comfortable going on alone. I've searched a bit on google, and just about every club I come across, the website either doesn't exist anymore, or it doesn't appear to have been active for several years.

There has to be at least one club out here, right? Anyone know of one, or in one?

Unread 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a list of clubs. http://www.cal4wheel.com/clubs.html
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Hey danielbuck let me know what you find man. I'm in the sake boat, I usually just find someone while airing down and tag along.
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
TuckerDog72

There's MyJeepRocks.com that's local. Or just post up if you want to do a run. See who wants to go. I always look on here to see if there is anything close.
TuckerDog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
Xjman1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

There are a ton of clubs around the area. I run with Pt. Mugu 4X4 Club but that is a little out of your way but we only meet once a month in Camarillo so you may still be interested.
Great club though and we can always use an extra hand for our awesome Fright Night Run.

I also do the met folks at the trail head or on the boards just to make sure I get my runs in and buddy system is in place.
Xjman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'll check out the point mugu club, thanks :-)
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
Xjman1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Cool man, you can find some of us here:

http://pointmugu4x4.com/Home_NWJO.html

New site so still in underconstruction.

or on Facebook and the almighty Yahoo groups
Xjman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think it's April 2nd when myjeeprocks has their annual Calico get together (IDTT). I went to it last year, should be going this year also. You should come out for the weekend or even just Saturday. You could run some trails, and meet some local jeepers.
Unread 03-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Yea I signed up to my jeep rocks for that calico run. Think I might just stay for Saturday unless I can get some camping supplies before then, but chances don't look good. Looking forward to it though, I've never been there.
Unread 03-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You'll like Calico there's all kinds of trails there.

I got your PM about going to Cleghorn on Sunday. We had 100+ mph winds and lots of snow here (about 10 miles West of Cleghorn). Hope you guys didn't get caught up on the mountain in that.
Unread 03-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Lol actually it was pretty damb windy up there. When we initially got there it was fine, about an hour into the trail. Our rigs were swaying back and forth just from the wind. We still had a good time despite the weather as far as we could till we decided it would be better to turn em around. Waiting on pics from my friend. My camera died as we were airing down and I forgot spare batteries. So he took all the pics and vids
Unread 03-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #12
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Lol actually it was pretty damb windy up there. When we initially got there it was fine, about an hour into the trail. Our rigs were swaying back and forth just from the wind. We still had a good time despite the weather as far as we could till we decided it would be better to turn em around. Waiting on pics from my friend. My camera died as we were airing down and I forgot spare batteries. So he took all the pics and vids
Unread 06-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #13
lilplaya
1979 CJ7 

Im in the Los Angeles area as well and looking for a crew..all the ones i come across are atleast an hour drive away..looking for something more local
lilplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #14
GOATKrawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

SECONDED! i dont mind a drive to a trail but lookin for a group that meets locally nd go to diff areas. ill keep my eyes on this tread
GOATKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #15
Trevino
1999 WJ 

I live in the immediate LA area and from my time spent looking all the clubs and groups are pretty far away. Your best bet if you don't wanna driving out that far is to just keep your eye open for some trail runs and meet up with people that way. Today for example a group of guys from the los Angeles county thread went out on a run in phelan CA. I couldn't make it due to work, but you meet some great people. I met sundeviljeeper on this site and we've hit a couple trail runs together and have become really close friends.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.