Antelope Valley Jeepers - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Antelope Valley Jeepers

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 04-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #46
Black1993
1989 MJ Comanche 

found a bunch of new trails in the tehachapi mountains about ten min from backus rd, most of them are mild but you can almost get to the top and up there is a stunning 4600 foot elevation view. lots of hard trails too that i wanted to try but i was alone

Black1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #47
Clockwork_John
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1993
found a bunch of new trails in the tehachapi mountains about ten min from backus rd, most of them are mild but you can almost get to the top and up there is a stunning 4600 foot elevation view. lots of hard trails too that i wanted to try but i was alone
Sweet. Once I get my rig ready I'll let you know and we can go run some of those. I have a buddy out in rosamond with a Scout II that knows the area pretty well. He can probably show us a few trails out there too.
Clockwork_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #48
Serg5000
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1993
In Tehachapi? Shoot me a PM. I work in Tehachapi so it would be great to wheel out there.
Serg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:03 AM   #49
Clockwork_John
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Any of you guys go wheeling out in the Gem Hill area north of Rosamond today? I was out there shooting with my dad and my brother, and a few Jeeps rolled by... A red TJ rolled by solo, another tj and a cherokee rolled by with a few other rigs, and a white yj and a long bed ford rolled by, and set up to shoot a little ways from us.
Clockwork_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #50
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_John
Any of you guys go wheeling out in the Gem Hill area north of Rosamond today? I was out there shooting with my dad and my brother, and a few Jeeps rolled by... A red TJ rolled by solo, another tj and a cherokee rolled by with a few other rigs, and a white yj and a long bed ford rolled by, and set up to shoot a little ways from us.
I was out at three sisters with some friends shooting today. I seen a white YJ roll by to the east of us. Sounds like a few jeepers took advantage of the nice weather.
Unread 04-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #51
DaK09

Plenty of wheelin out in Red Rock canyon trail. Just yesterday we took Black Rock over to Last chance, then found this old mine road that had not been driven on is so long there were no tracks from vehicles. We popped on this summit that let us over view the 14 and Dove Springs Area.

Not only that there is a pretty good mountain run up and over the Piutes that ends up in Lake Isabella. Its a fire road but the scenery is worth the drive.

Oh, located in Rosamond. Drive a Flame Red JK Rubicon that has Rebelcon on the side and a rebel winshield banner. We see lots of rigs out this way. Would be nice to hook up sometime and get to know one another.
DaK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #52
JeepNDirty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

lots of places to go in Acton. but check out http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1170
hungry valley has a rock crawler area and lots of trails, it's located by gorman off the 5 fwy
JeepNDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #53
ken78cj5
1978 CJ5 

All,

Check out www.hd4w.org. We are local club (to the AV) and have a run pretty much every month. There was an earlier post asking about Sherman Pass and Kennedy Meadows. Our jeep club has a run comming up in August.

Jope to see you all soon.

Ken
ken78cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #54
JeepNDirty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken78cj5 View Post
All,

Check out www.hd4w.org. We are local club (to the AV) and have a run pretty much every month. There was an earlier post asking about Sherman Pass and Kennedy Meadows. Our jeep club has a run comming up in August.

Jope to see you all soon.

Ken
Ken,
can you provide more info on club, activities and requirements.
thanks
JeepNDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #55
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNDirty View Post
lots of places to go in Acton. but check out http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1170
hungry valley has a rock crawler area and lots of trails, it's located by gorman off the 5 fwy
I'd like to check out these Acton area trails sometime. I use to spend a lot of time up at the southern end of Crown Valley road as a Kid. My step dads grand parents worked on a ranch up there.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #56
ken78cj5
1978 CJ5 

JeepNDirty

We are a family club based out of Palmdale. We try and have a run every month, from anything mild to wild.

We meet once a month, first Tuesday at the Greenhouse cafe in the AV Mall. The requirements are that you attend 3 runs and 3 meetings. The dues are 105 per year, 45 goes to Cal4Wheel, and 60 goes to the club.

The website www.hd4w.org will have more info in the forum section as to upcomming runs/events.

PM me and I'll give you my contact info.

Ken
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #57
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I might as well chime in this thread as well. I'll be moving to Lake Elizabeth sometime later this month. My jeeps aren't much though, the 2000 TJ is the most capable.

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #58
ken78cj5
1978 CJ5 

LJameson,

does not matter what you drive, we usually have something for everyone. The important thing is to get out there and have a good time. There are useually seats available on some of the more difficult trails. I live right down the road in Leona Valley, right off Lake Elizabeth Road.

Ken
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #59
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

Hey everyone, figured I would check in. Wrightwood is my current residence and at the moment, driving a stock WK. That is going to change once I get home. I travel a lot for work so I'm not always able to partake, but will jump in when I can.

My WK getting down at Cleghorn

A video of the action
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...6075450615.mp4
twistedlizard72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #60
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedlizard72 View Post
Hey everyone, figured I would check in. Wrightwood is my current residence and at the moment, driving a stock WK. That is going to change once I get home. I travel a lot for work so I'm not always able to partake, but will jump in when I can.

My WK getting down at Cleghorn

A video of the action
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...6075450615.mp4
Anytime you want to go wheeling let me know. I'm on the border of Wrightwood/Phelan.

Good picture.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.