Antelope Valley Jeepers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Antelope Valley Jeepers

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
Serg5000
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
Serg5000, I was out at the Kern River this last summer. I'd like to check out Sherman pass area this spring sometime.

John, no hard trails out near Lake LA, Llano, High Vista area that I've found yet and I've covered that area pretty well. Still a nice local area to cruise around though. We have a few fire rings out that way.
Let's get together and head up to Sherman pass whenever you want or can. As long as I'm not working I'm down. I really love that area. Many great trails.

Serg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah sometime in Spring would be cool. I'm sure a few of he LA thread guys would want to go to.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
Serg5000
2008 JK Wrangler 

That was December 29th. Crazy it's not closed do to snow.
Many fallen trees from the high winds. At the beginning of spring my son and I volunteered to help clear the tree the snow brought down. The Gear Grinders club was one of many up there clearing. It was a great time to fire up the old chain saw.
Unread 01-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #19
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Av

"I'm sure there have to be some places to go out east toward Lake LA and Llano."

Taking Ave J east past the end of the pavement and past the rock house and a few old formations is fun on the way to El Mirage.

And actually, there are quite a few trails in Lake L.A. One of which is shredder canyon. It's only about a mile or so long. But, several years ago, when they closed the Littlerock Dam to the "back", that is the old Santiago Run, that used to be held annually, the guy that owns/owned the several acres of the Lovejoy Buttes, opened it free to those who wish to wheel there, and initially, it replaced the Santiago Run. Just some old maybe useless info but I thought it was interesting. I used to have a built Suzuki Samurai that did amazing things. I took the Shredder, never making the complete trail as two waterfalls in particular were rough enough that I split the Transfer Case wide open on two occasions. I haven't been there in sometime. But, I know the trails out there very well. I "cut my teeth" so to speak in the cab of a 4WD on everything from the old mines (super easy) east of Lake L.A. to scaring myself up and down Holy Moses to the Lovejoy Buttes. I nearly lost my Toyota Pickup in the Lovejoy Buttes to a VERY NEAR rollover, lol. Anyway, enough babblin. Carry on. I hope to run into some of you one of these days. In fact, after my February 16-19 2012 Red Rock camping trip, I am trying to nail down a weekend to do just a daylong El Mirage trip. Anyone interested?
https://www.facebook.com/hinlo.desertrunners
mojavedave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedave View Post
"I'm sure there have to be some places to go out east toward Lake LA and Llano."

Taking Ave J east past the end of the pavement and past the rock house and a few old formations is fun on the way to El Mirage.

And actually, there are quite a few trails in Lake L.A. One of which is shredder canyon. It's only about a mile or so long. But, several years ago, when they closed the Littlerock Dam to the "back", that is the old Santiago Run, that used to be held annually, the guy that owns/owned the several acres of the Lovejoy Buttes, opened it free to those who wish to wheel there, and initially, it replaced the Santiago Run. Just some old maybe useless info but I thought it was interesting. I used to have a built Suzuki Samurai that did amazing things. I took the Shredder, never making the complete trail as two waterfalls in particular were rough enough that I split the Transfer Case wide open on two occasions. I haven't been there in sometime. But, I know the trails out there very well. I "cut my teeth" so to speak in the cab of a 4WD on everything from the old mines (super easy) east of Lake L.A. to scaring myself up and down Holy Moses to the Lovejoy Buttes. I nearly lost my Toyota Pickup in the Lovejoy Buttes to a VERY NEAR rollover, lol. Anyway, enough babblin. Carry on. I hope to run into some of you one of these days. In fact, after my February 16-19 2012 Red Rock camping trip, I am trying to nail down a weekend to do just a daylong El Mirage trip. Anyone interested?
Yeah Dave I've been all over the area around Lake LA, El Mirage. Spent a lot of time around that Ave J spot your talking about. Sounds like I may have missed some good stuff though? Your gonna have to show us this spot near Lake LA with these water falls, and up in the hills above Big Rock Dam.

That stuff is close by me, I'm close to Hwy 138 and Hwy 2.
Unread 01-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #21
Clockwork_John
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Can't wait to get my jeep ready to go and check out some of those spots.
Clockwork_John is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #22
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You guys should come out and run Cougar Buttes this Saturday with us.
Unread 01-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #23
Serg5000
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
You guys should come out and run Cougar Buttes this Saturday with us.
I have to pass. I'm having gears installed tomorrow!!! So I have the break in period.
Unread 02-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

"Yeah Dave I've been all over the area around Lake LA, El Mirage. Spent a lot of time around that Ave J spot your talking about. Sounds like I may have missed some good stuff though? Your gonna have to show us this spot near Lake LA with these water falls, and up in the hills above Big Rock Dam.

That stuff is close by me, I'm close to Hwy 138 and Hwy 2."

Yeah, I haven't been out the Ave J way in quite sometime but am gonna do it probably somethime in March. No real hard wheeling out there, til you get to some of the El Mirage stuff anyway. But for me, it's just nice to sorta "putt" around out there just to take in the sites. I also used to travers the dirt road all the way along the south fence of EAFB all the way to the 395 and some cool cinder cones. Again, no real wheeling, just a dirt road per se...but a great daytime get away. Let me know if you wanna putt around the El Mirage deal with me in March.

Laterness,
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #25
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I'll go, I go out that way often just to get away from the house. I cut a little trail over the boulder mountain by the end of Ave J a few weeks ago. Wasn't nothing hard but it was cool. In between ave J and EAFB fence line running north and south I get off the roads, there's some cool rocky areas and washes out there. I've been trying to find a old jeep trail someone told me about out there. I've found some old trail markers but haven't found the spot I'm looking for yet.
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #26
Clockwork_John
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Any of you AV guys willimg to help me fabricate rear fenders so I can get my wrangler om the trail sooner rather than later?
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #27
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry John I don't have a tube bender yet.
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #28
Clockwork_John
1995 YJ Wrangler 

No worries man. Not your fault I bought a project jeep, and not your fault I'm on a ridiculously tight budget for the build.
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #29
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

El Mirage and stuff

Hey Hotshot, that sounds cool. I would like to check out the other areas out there you're talking about. Let's keep in touch for March sometime.
Unread 03-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #30
bigV
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hey fellas, I'm in Palmdale. There are a few trails around here, but nothing too difficult. Rowher Flats & Lookout Mountain by the Bouquet reservoir are the closest, El Mirage is ok but it costs $15 to get in, Hungry Valley, Miller Jeep Trail, BC109 in Frazier Park, Last Chance Cyn, Blackrock, Nightmare Gulch up in Red Rock Cyn, Johnson Valley's not too far, Big Bear is a little farther, Shredder Cyn is a great local trail but it is on private land. Stoddard Valley, Calico, lots of places to wheel if you don't mind driving an hour or two

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.