Antelope Valley Jeepers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Antelope Valley Jeepers

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #1
umphreak
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Antelope Valley Jeepers

First, sorry if there's already a thread about this. Please show me if there is.

I just moved to the AV a couple months ago. Bought a TJ just before I got here and I am loving it. I've been looking for trails but seem to end up on pavement every time.

So my question is, what's there to do around here with the Jeep? We don't know anyone here so it'd be nice to go ride with some new friends.

Where are all the good trails? Anyone want to ride on the weekends?

umphreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
benflagg
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yea I am in exactly the same boat have been blazin down random trails a few times though around town here. I live in Rosamond.
Unread 09-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
umphreak
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Where have you been going? I've basically been driving up into the mountains and looking for trails. Sometimes I'll see another jeep and just follow them hoping they're going wheeling, I stopped doing that after I ended up at a Safeway.
Unread 09-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreak View Post
Where have you been going? I've basically been driving up into the mountains and looking for trails. Sometimes I'll see another jeep and just follow them hoping they're going wheeling, I stopped doing that after I ended up at a Safeway.
Safeway that's funny

Not a lot of trails in the mountains to the south of Palmdale that I know of, pretty much just fire roads. I spend a lot of time cruising through the desert during winter. Once I'm out a little ways I tend to cut my own trails.

Have you guys tried Cleghorn yet? I'm just east of you guys on Hwy 138.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
umphreak
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure where Cleghorn is, but I'll be checking out the trails near Phelan tomorrow. I'm on the railroad tracks a lot and I always see those trails, might as well drive on them a bit and see where they lead. I've been reading about El Mirage, kinda want to check that out too.
Unread 09-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Check your pm.
Unread 09-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
Jeep3to
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey ... I live in Lancaster, I have gone to a couple of trails from runs that it start here or at the wranglerforum.com. Most of the good trails are near big bear, but that's not too far in my opinion, Cleghorn is off the 15th and 38th, and there are others near ridgecrest, those are probably the ones closest to the Antelope Valley. I heard that in Acton there were some ok trails but I haven't gonne there .... anyway.. nice to hear from a fella jeeper in the AV.
Jeep3to is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone here up for a easy run tomorrow? I'm thinking about taking the trail from Silverwood Lake to Devils Hole. Pretty easy trail. Might be a couple people in the LA County thread going also? hit me up if your interested.
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

What happen, all the Antelope Valley wheelers move away. Bump!
Unread 01-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
mojavedave
1998 XJ Cherokee 

AV Wheelers!

I am in the Antelope Valley. East Lancaster...hit me up!

Speaking of wheeling in the AV or at least somewhat nearby...I am putting together a Red Rock/Randsburg/Goler area run in Feb. The thread is in the california section.
https://www.facebook.com/hinlo.desertrunners
mojavedave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedave
I am in the Antelope Valley. East Lancaster...hit me up!

Speaking of wheeling in the AV or at least somewhat nearby...I am putting together a Red Rock/Randsburg/Goler area run in Feb. The thread is in the california section.
East Lancaster, where at? I,m in Phelan just off 138. You should come out to our Calico run.
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #12
Jeep3to
1998 TJ Wrangler 

West Lancaster .... won't be doing any runs anytime cause my jeep needs some maintenance but i'm always checking to see what's going on ....
Jeep3to is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #13
Serg5000
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
What happen, all the Antelope Valley wheelers move away. Bump!
New to the forum but not the AV. Been here over 20 years. I have had my Jk just under two years and love it.
If its ok with you folks I'll keep an eye on this place and maybe hook up for a run. By the way. Anyone head up to Sherman pass or Kennady Meadows ? That's a beautiful area.
Serg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #14
Clockwork_John
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm another one in Lancaster, east side. Haven't done any wheeling in my jeep yet, as I'm still working on getting it driveavble/legal. My dad used to take my brother amd I out in his Scout II. We went all over the place- Mojave, Red Rock, Last Chance... There's plenty of roads and trails outside of Rosamond, near Gem Hill, there's a couple of trails near Lake Huges, and I'm sure there have to be some places to go out east toward Lake LA and Llano.
Clockwork_John is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Serg5000, I was out at the Kern River this last summer. I'd like to check out Sherman pass area this spring sometime.

John, no hard trails out near Lake LA, Llano, High Vista area that I've found yet and I've covered that area pretty well. Still a nice local area to cruise around though. We have a few fire rings out that way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.