JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/)
-   -   Antelope Valley Jeepers (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/antelope-valley-jeepers-1265882/)

umphreak 09-17-2011 01:45 AM

Antelope Valley Jeepers

First, sorry if there's already a thread about this. Please show me if there is.

I just moved to the AV a couple months ago. Bought a TJ just before I got here and I am loving it. I've been looking for trails but seem to end up on pavement every time.

So my question is, what's there to do around here with the Jeep? We don't know anyone here so it'd be nice to go ride with some new friends.

Where are all the good trails? Anyone want to ride on the weekends?

benflagg 09-17-2011 04:14 PM

Yea I am in exactly the same boat have been blazin down random trails a few times though around town here. I live in Rosamond.

umphreak 09-17-2011 08:18 PM

Where have you been going? I've basically been driving up into the mountains and looking for trails. Sometimes I'll see another jeep and just follow them hoping they're going wheeling, I stopped doing that after I ended up at a Safeway.

Hotshot 09-17-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umphreak (Post 12186322)
Where have you been going? I've basically been driving up into the mountains and looking for trails. Sometimes I'll see another jeep and just follow them hoping they're going wheeling, I stopped doing that after I ended up at a Safeway.

Safeway that's funny :laugh:

Not a lot of trails in the mountains to the south of Palmdale that I know of, pretty much just fire roads. I spend a lot of time cruising through the desert during winter. Once I'm out a little ways I tend to cut my own trails.

Have you guys tried Cleghorn yet? I'm just east of you guys on Hwy 138.

umphreak 09-18-2011 01:25 AM

Not sure where Cleghorn is, but I'll be checking out the trails near Phelan tomorrow. I'm on the railroad tracks a lot and I always see those trails, might as well drive on them a bit and see where they lead. I've been reading about El Mirage, kinda want to check that out too.

Hotshot 09-18-2011 12:30 PM

Check your pm.

Jeep3to 09-18-2011 11:22 PM

Hey ... I live in Lancaster, I have gone to a couple of trails from runs that it start here or at the wranglerforum.com. Most of the good trails are near big bear, but that's not too far in my opinion, Cleghorn is off the 15th and 38th, and there are others near ridgecrest, those are probably the ones closest to the Antelope Valley. I heard that in Acton there were some ok trails but I haven't gonne there .... anyway.. nice to hear from a fella jeeper in the AV.

Hotshot 09-23-2011 05:09 PM

Anyone here up for a easy run tomorrow? I'm thinking about taking the trail from Silverwood Lake to Devils Hole. Pretty easy trail. Might be a couple people in the LA County thread going also? hit me up if your interested.

Hotshot 01-03-2012 02:07 PM

What happen, all the Antelope Valley wheelers move away. Bump!

mojavedave 01-07-2012 12:05 PM

AV Wheelers!

I am in the Antelope Valley. East Lancaster...hit me up!
:cheers:

Speaking of wheeling in the AV or at least somewhat nearby...I am putting together a Red Rock/Randsburg/Goler area run in Feb. The thread is in the california section.

Hotshot 01-07-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojavedave
I am in the Antelope Valley. East Lancaster...hit me up!
:cheers:

Speaking of wheeling in the AV or at least somewhat nearby...I am putting together a Red Rock/Randsburg/Goler area run in Feb. The thread is in the california section.

East Lancaster, where at? I,m in Phelan just off 138. You should come out to our Calico run.

Jeep3to 01-08-2012 09:43 PM

West Lancaster .... won't be doing any runs anytime cause my jeep needs some maintenance but i'm always checking to see what's going on ....

Serg5000 01-21-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotshot (Post 12786902)
What happen, all the Antelope Valley wheelers move away. Bump!

New to the forum but not the AV. Been here over 20 years. I have had my Jk just under two years and love it.
If its ok with you folks I'll keep an eye on this place and maybe hook up for a run. By the way. Anyone head up to Sherman pass or Kennady Meadows ? That's a beautiful area. :2thumbsup:

Clockwork_John 01-29-2012 02:09 AM

I'm another one in Lancaster, east side. Haven't done any wheeling in my jeep yet, as I'm still working on getting it driveavble/legal. My dad used to take my brother amd I out in his Scout II. We went all over the place- Mojave, Red Rock, Last Chance... There's plenty of roads and trails outside of Rosamond, near Gem Hill, there's a couple of trails near Lake Huges, and I'm sure there have to be some places to go out east toward Lake LA and Llano.

Hotshot 01-29-2012 09:50 AM

Serg5000, I was out at the Kern River this last summer. I'd like to check out Sherman pass area this spring sometime.

John, no hard trails out near Lake LA, Llano, High Vista area that I've found yet and I've covered that area pretty well. Still a nice local area to cruise around though. We have a few fire rings out that way.

The time now is 12:54 AM.