61st Jeepers Jamboree Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > 61st Jeepers Jamboree Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
RARECJ8

61st Jeepers Jamboree Rubicon

We're rolling out wed morning. anyone else going?

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
MrAugie
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm in. I haven't been since 1991 or 1992 can't remember, those college days are a blur now. My buddy, who was so kind to help me install my Metal Cloak lift, and I will check in Wednesday and try to be at Loon Lake first thing Thursday am say 6:30 or 7:00. We will be camping in the Famous "Smutville" as my college buddy is an owner in Rubicon Springs and we are meeting he and his dad. Oh ya, Orange and white coleman tent.

My Rig is an 2012 JKUR, 3.5 MC lift with 315 Duratracs and stock wheels, Flame Red maybe we will see you.

You would think more people from the Cali forum would be going.

Haven't been on here in a long while so hello to all the Norcal guys. I will be joining you all on another run soon.
MrAugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAugie
I'm in. I haven't been since 1991 or 1992 can't remember, those college days are a blur now. My buddy, who was so kind to help me install my Metal Cloak lift, and I will check in Wednesday and try to be at Loon Lake first thing Thursday am say 6:30 or 7:00. We will be camping in the Famous "Smutville" as my college buddy is an owner in Rubicon Springs and we are meeting he and his dad. Oh ya, Orange and white coleman tent.

My Rig is an 2012 JKUR, 3.5 MC lift with 315 Duratracs and stock wheels, Flame Red maybe we will see you.

Haven't been on here in a long while so hello to all the Norcal guys. I will be joining you all on another run soon.
Have great time. We have missed you on our runs. Hope to see you on some soon.
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
RARECJ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAugie View Post

sweet! we'll be camped just south of the mechanics camp in the springs-- look for the big desert tan Scrambler on (puny) 37s.

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
Unread 07-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
MrAugie
2012 JK Wrangler 

So my co-pilot for Thursdays jamboree is a motor cop. Just got a call from his wife. He crashed his motor just now chasing someone. Guess a lady pulled out in front of him and he laid it down. Thankfully mostly road rash but his knee is bad. Unknown damage to the knee at this point. Hopefully he's okay and can make it. May have a wounded warrior in my rig. Obviously his well being comes first but I know him and I'm sure he's fine.
Unread 07-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
MrAugie
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here is some good news. Looks like a bruised knee, could be worse but they won't know until later. And the road rash has been down graded to minor. So with any luck he will make it as planned and can heal in Rubicon Springs.

I will look for ya CJ8.
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAugie
Here is some good news. Looks like a bruised knee, could be worse but they won't know until later. And the road rash has been down graded to minor. So with any luck he will make it as planned and can heal in Rubicon Springs.

I will look for ya CJ8.
That great to hear.
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
MrAugie
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks Gene
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
RARECJ8

good news!

if you have HAM, call out on one of these:

Ham Radio Frequencies commonly used in the Rubicon

146.805 PL123.0
covers the west slope of El Dorado County

444.9875 PL156.7
The Rubicon repeater located near Spider Lake, coverage on all of the Rubicon Trail (talk on trail)

444.9875 PL 107.2
Same as RUBI except that when using this PL it links to 805ELD and 805 TAH.
(= talk to the world)

some are on FRS ( no license required) radios, which is

462.7125 PL 218.1 commonly known as Ch 7, privacy code 34

don't have a CB in rig sorry---

here's the heep, but will have a roof rack up top

find us and beers for you

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
MrAugie
2012 JK Wrangler 

Oh I will find you. My buddy can't walk due to his knee injury so even if he wants to go, this trip in not in the cards for him. I am going to see if I can go in solo, if not, my 14 year old is getting in. Either way, I will be there. I don't have a Ham only a CB, but I'll find you.

Augie
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
fast540
1999 WJ 

Have fun and be safe mr Augie. Hold it down for the cowbell crew we all missed u last weekend
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #12
RARECJ8

Quote:
Oh I will find you. My buddy can't walk due to his knee injury so even if he wants to go, this trip in not in the cards for him. I am going to see if I can go in solo, if not, my 14 year old is getting in. Either way, I will be there. I don't have a Ham only a CB, but I'll find you.

Augie
nice to see you on the trail-- and to think you were right in front of me. we lost you after granite bowl-- stopped to weld up a guy with broken spring perches, thus causing the rear diff to point to sky and nearly take out the drive shaft. welded another guy's lower control arm bracket on big sluice and best of all.. won a gift certificate during the huge sat night raffle.

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #13
MrAugie
2012 JK Wrangler 

Good to see you too man. That was some trip. Did you make it before the hour long thunder and lighting/hail storm? There were ten of us huddled under a 10X10 E-Z Up, for the duration, cocktails in hand having a blast watching the inside of my Jeep get a bath, did I mention I didn't know any of them.

Nice of you to stop and help. That guy in front of us broke his steering right out of the starting gate, did you fix him too?

I boogied in, made plenty of friends along the way, ate lunch at Buck Island and continued in. The guys from Norway on Friday were hilarious, except the one guy that drank wayyyy to much, even by my standards. He ended up waking up in the middle of the night to take a leak and fell in the river

If you send me a PM I have a shot of your rig from when we stopped. Quite the coincidence to start the trip right in front of you. Good times, see you next year.

A little shout out to the Cowbell guys, first I represented as best I could. And two, I did not even come close to the cowbell award. Clifford did awesome, not one issue other than operator error here and there. I will look at my calendar tomorrow and schedule a trip with you guys.

Augie.
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #14
fast540
1999 WJ 

Glad u had fun and made it safe n sound. I need to skip out on the high lakes run but will be at the lost coast. There was an issue with a mod so most guys left this forum ill pm u details
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #15
RARECJ8

Quote:
Good to see you too man. That was some trip. Did you make it before the hour long thunder and lighting/hail storm? There were ten of us huddled under a 10X10 E-Z Up, for the duration, cocktails in hand having a blast watching the inside of my Jeep get a bath, did I mention I didn't know any of them.

Nice of you to stop and help. That guy in front of us broke his steering right out of the starting gate, did you fix him too?

I boogied in, made plenty of friends along the way, ate lunch at Buck Island and continued in. The guys from Norway on Friday were hilarious, except the one guy that drank wayyyy to much, even by my standards. He ended up waking up in the middle of the night to take a leak and fell in the river

If you send me a PM I have a shot of your rig from when we stopped. Quite the coincidence to start the trip right in front of you. Good times, see you next year.

A little shout out to the Cowbell guys, first I represented as best I could. And two, I did not even come close to the cowbell award. Clifford did awesome, not one issue other than operator error here and there. I will look at my calendar tomorrow and schedule a trip with you guys.

Augie.

we partied with those nowegians too-- they can really pound the juice! they were camped down at smutville, how nice is that?! the broken sector shaft is out of my league-- the choppered in a new box from the springs and we later saw him at dinner. amazing repairs.

as for the massive rainstorm, we made it barely into RS when it hit. EVERYTHING was soaked. even my pillow yuk! that was not a comfortable nights sleep. next day we hitched winch line to a tree for a makeshift clothes drying line. worked great. no skeeters was a nice bonus. headed out sunday sounded like a kluster-F, since some rig rolled at base of caddy with injuries and rod hall's H3 crew had issues too, so we just packed up and went over to dirty dozen for a shady rest and swim. We followed the norwegians up caddy-- amazing that old CJ2 does so well. Once up to observation point the BBQ beef lunch was a nice touch. We were officially the second to last participant to exit the trail. 2 hour drive and home for shower and bed. have not even cleaned out jeep.
will PM email address and once pix are uploaded, will post them here.

mark

Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel
www.hillsangels4x4.com

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.