4x4 beginner clinic, Hollister Hills, CA, Sept 21, 2013 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > 4x4 beginner clinic, Hollister Hills, CA, Sept 21, 2013

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 09-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
gregq

4x4 beginner clinic, Hollister Hills, CA, Sept 21, 2013

Esprit de Four 4WDC of San Jose is proud to present its continuing series of beginner off road driving classes. 23 years and going strong! Classes are scheduled for 2010 at the Hollister Hills SVRA in Hollister, CA. Hollister Hills is about an hour south of San Jose.

Who can attend? Our courses have been specifically designed for the novice driver. More experienced drivers also benefit from the classes as we cover new improvements in 4◊4 technology and techniques every year. New drivers with a STOCK off road vehicle will be shown the rigors of off road driving in a friendly and helpful environment. Students come away from an ED4 safety training clinic with a newfound understanding of their own vehicle and its capabilities. Our students give us high marks. Students often attend year after year and bring friends.

What do we do? Your day begins with some classroom instruction conducted by some of the most experienced drivers within ED4. This is followed a hands-on live demonstration training! Your group then has time for Lunch to talk with Staff and your trail lead. (this BYOL bring your own lunch).

Each student then gets an opportunity, to experience actual off road driving using their own vehicle!

During the trail ride, students in small groups are lead by experienced instructors. Stops are then made at different ‚€œoff road driving venues.‚€Ě These venues have been carefully designed to challenge the driver with basic and everyday off road challenges without introducing a high degree of risk. Since safety is of paramount importance, instructors are stationed all along the way to encourage and offer assistance each and every driver. All drivers get to watch others in their group drive over and through the different challenges. In most cases an instructor will make the first pass through an obstacle so as to provide an actual demonstration.

Come join the members of Esprit de Four 4WDC on May 18th, 2013 or September 21st, 2013 in Hollister, CA. Those interested in attending any of the separate (but identical) classes should get their reservations in as soon as possible as these classes tend to fill up. Sign up for dinner and enjoy some good stories of your day.

You can obtain additional information or sign up by one of the following methods:

http://www.espritdefour.com/dynamic/?p=110
E-mail: Rick Montez @ rmontez@yahoo.com

Unread 09-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
408jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Will parts of hollister hills be closed off to the public?
408jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Fins
1980 CJ7 

Hi 408jeeper,

I've attended this clinic a few times. Area 5 camp ground is only open for those registered for the event.

However, the area of the Frame Twister, Stair Steps, Mud Bog, are typically closed for a couple hours in the afternoon.
The other areas with obstacles, and all the trails, are open to the public.

Hopefully someone from the club will respond stating the details for this Sept 2013 event.

It's a fun day and their BBQ is awesome!
Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

It starts this sat the 21 at 8 am. I am registered and plan to camp friday or sat night. Anyone else here from jf registered?
Unread 09-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
408jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg413i
It starts this sat the 21 at 8 am. I am registered and plan to camp friday or sat night. Anyone else here from jf registered?
I am going to be there at Hollister but just not attending the clinic
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408jeeper

I am going to be there at Hollister but just not attending the clinic
Will you be there Sat and Sunday? The clinic is all day sat- we could meet up after at 5 or on Sunday if you are around.
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
408jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg413i

Will you be there Sat and Sunday? The clinic is all day sat- we could meet up after at 5 or on Sunday if you are around.
I would do the clinic but it is too expensive since I'm bring two of my cousins with me. So I'll probably leave Friday night or Saturday morning to hollister and come back till Sunday
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
Fins
1980 CJ7 

I was out of town. How was the event?
Fins is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.