29 Palms Ca - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > 29 Palms Ca

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 08-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
wingedmare
1981 CJ5 

29 Palms Ca

Hey folks! I'm at the Marine base in 29 Palms Ca and wondering if there is anyone near by. Would be nice to have someone to hit some trails around here with.

wingedmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
silentbob21
2004 WJ 

yea im there lol or will be in a few months. havnt found any really good trails yet but I havnt looked too hard. you have any spots you frequent ?

silentbob21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
wingedmare
1981 CJ5 

there are some up in Joshua Tree National Park and some out in Gold Crown (public land) 2 good ones, I don't do much cause I'm always alone. One runs from Goldcrown into the park, the other runs from the park all the way down to around Palm springs area. there are a few short loops too, those are nice just to get out and bump along. there are also ALOT out in a designated ORV park that is up around landers, but I haven't been to that yet. I was told about a poker run going up there in October I am thinking of going to. I just have to stop back into Napa and ask the guy about it again, there is a website for it. When you gonna be out here? I'm thinking of trying to round up a bunch of Jeep people and start getting together for some trails runs and such.
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
USMCEOD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

bump*

I'm also in 29. I hit up Copper mountain, the dry lake bed, and the OHV area a half hour north of Yucca Valley. Hopefully I'll get up to Big Bear this Summer once the snow is gone. Anyone else care to join the thread? Maybe we should form a posse.
USMCEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
wingedmare
1981 CJ5 

I like the posse idea! I have to get a starter in my girl this week and then ill be back on the road. We should get a crew together for a meet and greet and hit the trails soon!
Unread 04-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
USMCEOD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah man, I just met this civilian out in town who goes up Big Bear every week and hits the trails. He also fishes in the lake up there. He invited me along. Not sure if I'm going yet because I'm in the middle of a move, and the whole government shutdown thing, but if it pans out you shoudl definitely come. We gotta get mor people on board with this posse thing.
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
StvDiego

Check out 4x4Corps

Mostly military out of San Diego (Miramar, MCrud and Pendelton, there's a few members from 29Palms and even a few sailors thrown in for diversity

Johnson Valley is right around the corner from you, rock-crawling nirvana...

And you're reasonably close to Superstition Mt OHV, some of the best off-roading anywhere (BFG rated as one of the Ten Best Off-Road Trails in the US). We try to get a camping-run in out there as often as possible
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
USMCEOD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great suggestions! I pretty much deployed right after I got here a year and a half ago, so I'm still learning the area. I have been up to Johnsons Valley though. We went during one of the rare rain storms and just muddied it up though. Did you know that MCAGCC 29 is trying to buy up half the valley for a new traing area?

Just checked out a site on Superstition Mountain, and I'm already packed.
Unread 04-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
StvDiego

I'll be at Superstition this Thursday night, spending the weekend and getting some wheeling in. Stop by if you're in the area. Easy to find us, just look for a bunch of RVs and Jeeps
Unread 04-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
wingedmare
1981 CJ5 

Where is superstition? We go out to Gold Crown alot, but ive never heard of superstition
Unread 04-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #11
StvDiego

Superstition Mt Info/Directions

If you're into rock-crawling, quads, bikes, sand or whatever, you can find it here
Unread 04-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #12
wingedmare
1981 CJ5 

Excellent TY!
Unread 04-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
StvDiego

Check post #61 on this link for a list and a map of some of the trails, we are in the midst of running new GPS tracks on all of the trails, it'll take awhile, but in the mean time:

Superstition Mt Trails

The trails run from SUV-rated to runs like Knock on Wood that pretty much guarantee damage to some degree

Some of the trails can be hard to find, there are a few signs but it can be a challenge. If you're looking for a GPS track on a particular trail I likely have it
Unread 04-23-2011, 02:46 AM   #14
cjlinn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey gents, I haven't found too many people around here to wheel with either. I'm out in Adobe Flats on base. I've been to Johnson Valley and the Dry Lake bed. Nice areas, and tinkered around in the OHV areas in Joshua Tree National Park. I'm still running a open/open in my TJ, but this is my second one and I really wanna hit more trails.
Unread 04-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #15
OneWhiteDoor
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm over in Victorville, but I would be down to go riding with you guys around Big Bear
OneWhiteDoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads
  • 29 palms? - California Jeep Forum (4 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.