29 palms? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > 29 palms?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

29 palms?

hey, im moving to 29 plams CA by the end of this month, any good off-roading in the area? what kind of terrain am i looking at?

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ugh... I feel for ya. Are you going for MOS school or are you on PCS orders? I was stationed there in '01. A buddy of mine just picked up SSgt and is getting PCS'ed there in about 2 weeks. He is going to be an instructor in the school house.

Anyway, you are right down the street from some of the worlds most sought after off roading areas - Johnson Valley. Think Hammers, Wrecking Ball, etc. To the west you have Big Bear which has a ton of trails and to the south in Anza Borrego you have a million and one trails as well.

Shoot me a PM if ya got any SoCal questions or USMC questions!
Unread 05-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

i will be PCS, and i am non-deployment, uugh!, im a 2111, i will be a base armorer, so im going NO WHERE! i am pissed.

and i will let you know if i have any questions.
thanks.

Quote:

Unread 05-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
plunn84
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ooh 29 Palms... my HOR. Soft sand... lots of it. Competition Hill on the west side of town is pretty decent (its behind the big radio tower) and has lots of rocky terrain. Sugar bowl just north of Indian Cove and to the east of Comp Hill is a nice 200' hill lined with deep fine sand. Just pay attention to where you get off to as the range behind the base is HUGE and barely marked and the JT National Park lines the mountains on the south side of town. Campbell Hill on the east side of town (Amboy Road and Utah Trail) and then there's the old "motocross" track (non-professional) off the highway about a mile east of Utah Trail.

X2 on Johnson Valley! They used to run a poker run out there (and they still might).
plunn84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

sounds like i got lots of places to whell.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.