Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

~2009 OFF ROAD EXPO Pomona Oct. 9-11 ~

4K views 62 replies 24 participants last post by  rage344 
#1 ·
Who's going?

I made the mistake of going to the one in April. Waste of time. The October show is ten times bigger and MUCH better.

Here's a linky thingy......

POM - Home Page

#2 ·
I like the advertisement at the top with the FJ Cruiser...

"No stone unclimbed" :rofl:

But plenty of rocks!!

It's a Yota sponsored event.

I'm sure my buddy "Iron Man" Ivan Stewart will be there.
I'll introduce you. :cheers2:

#3 ·
I am going. I also went to the April show. Big waste of time.

#7 ·
Wha...? So you are sporting a pair of Dockers and a Polo golf shirt with your crew cut now? :rofl:

If your talking about the one at the Ontario convention center, it was so dead it was unreal. Nothing like it was four years ago when the economy was good. The Pomona one is bigger.
That was the show put on by 4wheelParts. It's OK, but really small.

The only show worth going to for 4x4 is the October show at the Pomona Fiargrounds (see link above).
They have one in the spring but it's really lame.

#12 ·
I'm pretty sure that's the day I'm going also.
I don't really need anything for my Jeep, but there's always a possibility of finding something cool that I shouldn't live without.
Of course if there's any deals on a Howell FI kit, it's mine.:thumbsup:

#13 ·
offroad expo

I will be there on Sunday the 11th. Yes the earlier show sucks big time especially if you travel a great distance to go to it. Then two weeks later the SEMA Show in Las Vegas (Nov. 2-6). Four great days of nothing but Cars, Jeeps and every kind of auto parts there is plus tools. puttputt56

#15 ·
If I'm back in town in time I will absolutely be there, I missed last year. I agree with Jerry that it's like a county fair for 4x4's. It's way fun for me...they even have beer!!! My wife hate's it so I'm leaving her at home this year. and yes I too went to the Ontario show a few years ago and have NEVER returned. It is small and super boring.

#21 ·
I sold my van that's been sitting in my gargage for a year today!!
I have modding money!! :woot:

I'm going Saturday.

#27 ·
We are excited to be a part of the Expo with a booth!!!!
Stop by and say hi...we'll have the SpydrJK on display with some new products and well as Cortney's Poisnuz LJ.
We'll be outside near the entrance.

This year the Expo will be open Friday night from 5-10pm as well.
Cheri

#31 ·
So how many of you SD guys are going Saturday?

Anybody wanna' hook up for breakfast in Temecula/Murrieta on the way up?

#33 ·
I'll see you at the booth to get some free giveaway stuff and goodies.
You guys are handing out free Howell FI kits right? :laugh:

#39 · (Edited)
I hadn't planned on going but the Jeep has other ideas :laugh:

I'm running up to Ontario Saturday morning to pick up an axle so I figure while I'm there I might as well go since I'll be five blocks away anyway.

Big decision.. What t-shirt do I wear :rofl:

They have a $1 discount code on Facebook (Code=FB), woohoo, any other discount codes to share?

Well, sorta. There usually isn't a lot of stock on hand there, most of the big names offer a % off or free shipping if you order there. Places like 4WP and others usually have a big display and a lot of stuff. There's usually a good assortment of smaller items like winches and SYE's (as opposed to a full set of tires and..) You can find really good deals on the nickel-and-dime stuff. Always some deals on things like winches, lights and so on, not OMG that's the best thing I have ever seen ever, but some good bargains. The other end of the spectrum is the ultra big ticket items like complete axles, usually good prices. Cash in hand works deals there too...

Bring a backpack or something if you plan on picking up freebies. I've seen a lot of people pulling their kids in wagons, if they spread it out over several building like they have before then plan on a lot of walking. And bring a camera, good opportunity to get new ideas.

#38 ·
Crap. I have money burning a hole in my pocket...
com'on Saturday!
My Jeep is going to steelnutz.com tomorrow for the cage upgrade, and possibly some sliders if his price it right. Been putting it off too long.

#40 ·
Watch for me. I'll be the guy wearing the Jeep shirt. (already decided).
The parking is expensive, that's the biggest problem with the Pomona Fairgrounds. It's like you are parking on sacred ground or something.
The computer show is also going on there in another building next door.
If you need a discount to get in there, let me know and I'll forward my discount email to you. $8

I always bring a backpack because there is so mutch literature and my kids love stickers. Besides, you can bring your own bottle of gatoraide etc... instead of paying $38 for a bottle of water. The beer is $5. There are some great BBQ stands there and In-n-out usually has a trailer there.

Make a list of what you want to see for your Jeep before hand so you don't forget anything.

I'm going to bed at noon today so tomorrow gets here faster.:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.