1st time Cleghorn run - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > 1st time Cleghorn run

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
Trevino
1999 WJ 

1st time Cleghorn run

Me and the wife will be heading to Cleghorn Ridge on Saturday, the 19th. Anyone wanting to join us is more than welcome. Id like to have someone whos been there before join us, but the main priority is not going alone. I havent been on too many trips so don't know anyone else who offroads.

Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
sixgunmatt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry that I can't this time, we are heading out to the Battle at Primm that weekend.
'97 TJ Sport 4.0L, D30/D44 4.88 Gears, RE Extreme Duty 5.5" LA with Rear Tri Link truss, 35x12.50/R15 MT Baja MTZs, 15x8 Pro Comps, RE Anti-Sway Bar Quick Disconnects, RE Monotube Shocks, AA SYE, Tom Wood's CV DS, Magnaflow Exhaust, Spectre Performance Intake through Cowl, etc...
sixgunmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
Trevino
1999 WJ 

To bad sixgun, hopefully someone will be able to come along. It's a little over a week away.
Unread 02-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
cf8067re
2009 JK Wrangler 

I can't go either. But just show up, there's bound to be people takin' the trail.
cf8067re is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2011, 01:38 AM   #5
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Oh, I'm definitely going! I just finished dropping in another engine after blowing the old one on the way about a month ago. Now the new one is in and is apparently running fine as of 11:12 pm tonight
Unread 02-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Really?? No one for cleghorn?
Unread 02-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Id love to BUT Ive got to work
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #8
bigV
1991 YJ Wrangler 

if you can wait a day, I'll be running with a group there on sunday the 20th. we're meeting at the McDonald's near I-15 and hwy 138 at 830am
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
05HemiWK
2005 WK 

oh i'd go, but i'll be out in Laughlin play with the jeep and atv's. . . Next time!
**2005 WK HEMI 4x4 . . . 2" Daystar Boost, 1.5" Spidertrax Spacers, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, Custom Roof Rack, 8" Procomp Flood Lights, 6" Driving Lights, Custom On Board Air. ** 89 YJ w/ BB and more mods to come **
**********Black WK Club Member #5**********
05HemiWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #10
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Hmm this sucks I wouldn't mind going Sunday instead but I have to work Sunday. It's really annoying working in a store and having to request a Saturday or Sunday off.
Unread 02-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

How was it? I just got a pic from a friend driving up the 15 this morning through snow
Unread 02-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
Trevino
1999 WJ 

It was a blast!! Had a great time. Took the trail with a guy I met on a stock jk. Started good then the snow started. It stated to really come down. It was cool, I've never wheeled in the snow so it was something different. Really can't wait to go again. Wife says she up for another trip on Monday. When I'm off again. Not sure though I really need to install some bumpstops.
Unread 02-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Wow, sounds awesome. Im jealous

My tires are too bald for snow though
Unread 02-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Lol I here ya. When the weather clears up and your up for a trip there or anywhere else for that matter let me know. I had a great time and can't wait to go again.
Unread 03-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I ran Cleghorn last week for the first time. I only live 10 miles from it. On Saturdays I'm usually out exploring the desert though.

The last two legs of the East side of Cleghorn were a lot of fun. About half way thru the second to last section where the rain rutts come together is kinda interesting. Make sure you go with another capable rig.

From Cleghorn we took trails over to Devils Hole, There's a lot of water on that trail. I think the trail number was 3N34?.

Here's a short video of my jeep coming out of the second to last section at Cleghorn.

View My Video
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.