Need some serious help with Hawaii vehicle inspection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Hawaii Jeep Forum > Need some serious help with Hawaii vehicle inspection

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

Need some serious help with Hawaii vehicle inspection

Well, I just got orders to report to HI and well reading up on the whole vehicle inspection looks like this is goign to be a problem. So I report end of the year and I need to pass the inspection below is my Jeep what/were do I need to go. What I see so far is a 15.00fee but for extra$$$ I can pass anyone driving a lifted rig or any rigs in HI PLEASE HELP A MAN OUT PLEASE

Cobra 29 CB, 4ft Firestick Antenna, Skid Row Evap Skid, Rockhard Engine Skid, Rockhard Tranny Skid, Mesh Grill Mod, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Front and Rear ARB Diff Covers, Smittybilt Rock Rails, KC 130Watt Long Range Lights, Delta Light Mounts, TorqFlo tranny cooler, Hood Louvers, Drake Hood Pins, AEV Snorkel, Smittybilt 10,000 Winch, Rockhard Shorty Bumper with KC 100watt Slim Light Driving Lights, JKS ACOS Front System, Breather Extensions.
deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I think you might get a response, if you actually had "Hawaii" in the title. I opened it up just because I wanted to know how "hi" your Jeep actually was. Ask a mod if they can change the title.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
I think you might get a response, if you actually had "Hawaii" in the title. I opened it up just because I wanted to know how "hi" your Jeep actually was. Ask a mod if they can change the title.
X's 2, I saw the title and thought WTF is a "hi vehicle inspection". You might try sending Fratis a PM he's in HI.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
Lafie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hawaii Recon from what i ahve heard is a pain but passable. I haven't had to deal with it yet. But, some friends have and I think it is somthign like you bumper can't be higher than 44", have to have mud flap, fender flares must cover you tires. You can find the laws online about them. I think I also saw a write up on pirate 4x4. Hope this helps.
Lafie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.