Jeepers on MAUI, Hawaii??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Hawaii Jeep Forum > Jeepers on MAUI, Hawaii???

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-28-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
sterlo
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Jeepers on MAUI, Hawaii???

There seems to be a lack of Maui jeepers on this forum... Oahu has their own Jeep club and I'm stuck with a million tourist rental jeeps over here. Anybody on Maui wanna cruise around in the red dirt? or anybody coming to visit maui and willing to rent a JK unlimited Rubicon that i can test drive? lol. Just a thought.

sterlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

Heading over to Maui today for a week. Aunt and Uncle rented a Jeep but I dont think its a Rubicon.
Unread 12-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

I rent a Jeep every time I get to the Islands (every other year). Spent time on the beach on the North side of Maui on the road to Hana. Did the back roads to the Jurassic Park gate on Kauai in the rain. It was kinda pointless renting one on Oahu, but fun running topless. On the Big Island we didn't have much time to head out through the dirt and the VOG made running topless pointless, but hey, there's worse places to be!
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
sterlo
2004 LJ Wrangler 

i keep seeing tourists running around with rubi's, I wish i could've found a rubi lj over here but no such luck. I love living on this island, but shipping things here is a problem its so expensive.
sterlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
i keep seeing tourists running around with rubi's, I wish i could've found a rubi lj over here but no such luck. I love living on this island, but shipping things here is a problem its so expensive.
Go to Oahu, there are probably a few there.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
motojunkie
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm on Maui, and I actually ended up going to Oahu to find a TJ that wasn't 5 years old and crazy expensive at a dealer. The shipping isn't too bad, its about 200 from island to island which it worth it to get something you want. I actually missed an 03 rubicon that only had 20k miles on it...I even tried to pay the guy more than he was asking to get him to hang on to it.
motojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #7
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunkie View Post
I'm on Maui, and I actually ended up going to Oahu to find a TJ that wasn't 5 years old and crazy expensive at a dealer. The shipping isn't too bad, its about 200 from island to island which it worth it to get something you want. I actually missed an 03 rubicon that only had 20k miles on it...I even tried to pay the guy more than he was asking to get him to hang on to it.
Don't **** around with those ******bags at Cutter, craigslist FTW. Also try the military used lots on base.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
sterlo
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey Motojunkie finally a fellow jeeper on our little island. lol.
Unread 01-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
motojunkie
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
Hey Motojunkie finally a fellow jeeper on our little island. lol.
haha, well give me a few more days and I'll be a jeeper....still waiting to get my TJ shipped from Oahu. I can't drive anywhere on the island without seeing 7-10 jeeps...but 95% of them are tourists.

I used craigslist to find mine. Anything in decent shape on a lot had a sticker of 17k...but I expect dealers to try to rip people off.
Unread 01-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #10
sterlo
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
haha, well give me a few more days and I'll be a jeeper....still waiting to get my TJ shipped from Oahu. I can't drive anywhere on the island without seeing 7-10 jeeps...but 95% of them are tourists.

I used craigslist to find mine. Anything in decent shape on a lot had a sticker of 17k...but I expect dealers to try to rip people off.
Yeah i paid 18 for my LJ, a little over KBB but it came with a lift and wheels and tires, so not too bad. You just move to Maui or you just got your jeep off-island?
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
motojunkie
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been on Maui for about a year now thanks to the Air Force. We picked up a new dodge ram last spring and I decided we didn't need 2 pickups. I sold off my nissan frontier a couple weeks ago and when I was on Oahu I found a decent TJ with a LA lift and new 33x12.50 M/Ts for 10.5k. He ended up taking 9350 since he had been trying to sell it for awhile.

In fact he should be getting the check from the bank anytime this afternoon...so I should have my jeep in hand in a couple of days!
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #12
chad_33us
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hello all!
I am in the Military (Army) and know little to nothing about Hawaii. I have an 06 LJ Rubi and looking for some Jeepers to hang with. I should be there in Aug 2010. Anyway just thought I would put a word out out.
chad_33us is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #13
motojunkie
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just got back from picking up my Jeep, so I'm finally in the jeep club!

Chad, I'll be deployed when you come over here. Are you coming on orders or on vacation?
Unread 02-05-2010, 05:37 AM   #14
chad_33us
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I will be coming on orders. Mid August
chad_33us is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.