Hawaii Jeepers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Hawaii Jeep Forum > Hawaii Jeepers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 02-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
chad_33us
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Lj Hawaii Jeepers

Looking to see what kind of Jeeps are in the Islands. I am in the Military and moving there this summer. Show me what you got!

chad_33us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
SDGwheelin
2010 JK Wrangler 

Are you coming to Oahu? I am at Schofield Barracks and the sheer number of Jeeps on Oahu is crazy. I have an LJ but there is everything from older CJs to JKs here. I don't have any pictures of mine up yet, I'll try to do it soon.
SDGwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 03:53 AM   #3
chad_33us
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yes I will be going to Schofield. I should get there in Aug pending Redeployment. I also have to get the Jeep shipped. Companies tell me it's to big. Don't hear that to often. About the Jeep that is! Only have a 4" Lift and 33's on it. How is the Offroading? What type do you do? Rock Climb, Mud, Hills??? I have been Rock Crawling in New Mexico for the past 2 years. But wanting to experiance something new as well. Are there any restrictions I need to know before I get there?

Last edited by chad_33us; 02-05-2010 at 07:01 AM..
Unread 02-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
SDGwheelin
2010 JK Wrangler 

There is some crawling here and mud as well. There isn't a whole lot of places to go, but we do have a few spots. I like to crawl myself, but there is something for everyone. Kaena Point is a popular place with a decent trail and some technical stuff and there is Pea**** Flats, though I haven't been there yet. Local laws are going to be a pain for you though. You'll probably want to register your Jeep in Hawaii and either way you'll have to pass a safety inspection. Also, all modified vehicles have to pass a RECON inspection. Just alot of BS. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you though. Do you know what unit you are coming to?
SDGwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
chad_33us
2006 LJ Wrangler 

OK so I my Jeep will be there in a couple of weeks. I have been asking around about the RECON inspection and I get more information everytime I talk to someone. What I have been told so far is.
- Fenders (I have 33x12.50 with factory fenders)
* What works best for this?
- Mud Flaps > Really?
- Taillights
* I have Genright Flush mount "Lite DOT LED Tailights"
- Aux Lights

1. Can someone give me the skinny on how this process works?
2. What can I do to get by?

I would post pictures but I am using the wifes computer, all the pics are on mine and it is being shipped right now. One last question are there any places to get the stuff I need to be street legal other than 4 Wheel Parts?
Unread 07-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hawaii RECON Information Section

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
Rexor91

Headin' to HI!

I'll be in HI come July... I sold my TJ to pay off my student loans, now lookin' for another one! hahaha, I'll be on Schoefield... anything decent for sale around there, havn't found much on Craigslist....
Rexor91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.