Sandpoint/N Idaho - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Sandpoint/N Idaho

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
paydirtdave
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sandpoint/N Idaho

Hello Idaho, looking to find some jeepers up north to explore with. I have done some searching around and see a good amount of posts from the area but nothing on clubs. Also see a lot of lifted rigs in the area some nice jeeps but mostly haulers and apartments on wheels. Most people I talk to say the area is a bit to dusty and tight to do any good wheelin but Where there's a Will, there's a way. All right hope to get some good feedback from this and maybe get something going.

paydirtdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
HoustonTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Did you ever find anyone / anywhere to go wheeling with in/near sandpoint?

I will be moving there the first week in Oct. 2010 and can't wait to take the TJ out for a spin in the mountains.
HoustonTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
paydirtdave
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hi HoustonTJ, I have found lots of back roads to rome and some places to wheel but it's always me and my wife so we have not pushed the limits. I am somewhat new to the area so it's been slow going. I tend to go wondering in the same places I snowmobile so I am getting to know the area a bit. Let me know when you are moved in and settled and we can try and meet up and take a ride. I have done a really nice back road day trip called the high road that goes around the lake. Some of the best views I have every seen, not anything tricky as far as driving but a nice 4 hour drive. It's a really great area with lots of recreation
Unread 09-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
HoustonTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lookoing forward to northern wheeling.

From your profile looks like our jeeps aren't too different. You have a bit more lift and tire, but I'll try to keep up!

Here's a shot of mine out is central texas.

And current config with the new wheels and 32's

Steve
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #5
paydirtdave
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How do you like your T/A KO's just got mine a few weeks ago about 100 miles of road use.
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
HoustonTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I loved them when I had them. Great on the rock (more surface area then an open MT) I have the stock 17" JK Rubicon wheels and tires(T/A KM) now and haven't wheeled with them yet.

Nice looking Jeep!
Unread 09-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #7
Mitchness
1994 YJ Wrangler 

As far as clubs go about the closest to you I know of is the North Idaho Trail Blazers. They do a few runs a year and are based out of Coeur d'Alene/Post Falls. They have meetings once a month. Anyone's welcome.

Having said that most of the wheelers I roll with aren't in a club. Got tired of the bureaucracy of it and just make our own runs up whenever. You can always check out the Spokane People Check In thread as that's where alot of the local runs are planned.

Welcome aboard!
Mitchness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
Bangum

Hey guys. I see this is a little out of date but Im in Sagle and work around Sanpoint. If you see the wife or me just give us a wave.

Bangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #9
HoustonTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ok the North ID Trail Blazers meeting is tomorrow night.(Wed. Feb 2.) Not sure If I should make the drive from sandpoint or if we might be able to have our own sandpoint get together.

Anyone in the Sandpoint area going to the meeting?

Anyone in the area interested in getting together for an informal meet and greet?

email me directly at Steve@spmgreen.com

Thanks,
Steve
Unread 02-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
Bangum

I have asked on a few other forums about our own get together but no interest. I'm not interested in policed by a club
Bangum is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.