Place to learn mechanics around Boise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Place to learn mechanics around Boise

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsECGS Labor Day Sale!!New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 12-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Place to learn mechanics around Boise

Hey all!
New to the forums here. I've been a jeep owner for about 8 years and used to wheel with a group back in high school and a bit with some folks down in southern cali when I was working down there. Did a bit of trail riding over the years but nothing too serious and ended up taking a long break due to life just getting in the way. I'm just finally finding the time/money to get back into it with a vengeance!

Anyways, I've got pretty much zero experience wrenching. My high school didn't have a "shop class," and my family (including myself) is full of carpenters and other tradesmen, but not a mechanic one, and so my experience working on cars is pretty much limited to changing the odd battery/tire/etc. I'm really wanting to build my jeep up myself (at least the lift/sye/lights, sound system, etc) and am wondering where around here a guy could educate himself a bit.

I really don't mind trial by error, but my YJ is my DD so I can't really afford to really mess something up and be out of a vehicle for more than 3-4 days.

So does anyone know of any classes I could take in basic vehicle maintenance? Or a local shop friendly enough to teach a total noob? I'm a scary fast learner so all I need is a bit of guidance. Or maybe one of you in my area would be willing to hook up and show me the ropes? I can toss in a six pack or two for your troubles!

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
BOISERUNNER
1979 CJ7 

Sparrows,
Im in Boise and do all my own wrench turnin on my Heeps. I dont set up difs or even know how a auto tranny works but just about everything else I have done. When you need help post up on here and I am sure the forum will come to the rescue. Way back in college an automotive course was offered. Have you checked @ BSU or CSI?
THX Doug
BOISERUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey thanks! I'll be getting to work installing a lift in the next month or so. An extra set of more knowledgeable hands would be awesome! I'll PM ya my phone number. Thanks again!

Cheers!
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.