Moving this week! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Moving this week!

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
121ak
2007 WK 

Moving this week!

Hello all!

Recently acquired an '07 WK with the Rocky Mountain package. Figured I could do more with it than my Crown Vic it replaced.

I'm moving to Mountain Home for the Air Force. Looking forward to having access to an auto shop again to work on the jeep. Plan on adding a 2" lift and some bigger tires in the next couple months.

Here's my WK currently.

Unread 05-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #2
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Welcome. There is a good local 4x4 club in Mtn Home called Wild West Off Roaders.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #3
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121ak View Post
Hello all!

Recently acquired an '07 WK with the Rocky Mountain package. Figured I could do more with it than my Crown Vic it replaced.

I'm moving to Mountain Home for the Air Force. Looking forward to having access to an auto shop again to work on the jeep. Plan on adding a 2" lift and some bigger tires in the next couple months.

Here's my WK currently.
Hey man welcome I'm currently station at mhafb. Hit me up some time if your interested in wheeling. If you'd like to look into a club look up exiled offroad It's a great club with awesome people and no dues or meeting just wheeling
Unread 05-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #4
121ak
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22 View Post
Hey man welcome I'm currently station at mhafb. Hit me up some time if your interested in wheeling. If you'd like to look into a club look up exiled offroad It's a great club with awesome people and no dues or meeting just wheeling

Thanks! I'll check out the site.

Any chance you have some experience putting a lift on a Jeep?
Unread 05-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

There are several folks on here that might help with the lift. In Mtn Home, Bowman Transmission on Air Base Road would be one shop that will treat you right. Chris Bowman owns it, is a wheeler in local events. Fair and knows his way around 4x4's.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks! I'll check out the site.

Any chance you have some experience putting a lift on a Jeep?
Yes sir I do. What kind of lift are you getting?
Unread 05-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #7
121ak
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22 View Post
Yes sir I do. What kind of lift are you getting?
Picking up a rough country 2" lift Saturday along with a set of 275/70/17s and 1.5" spacers.

Would like to do it at the Auto Hobby Shop but I have no knowledge in installing lift kits.

Last edited by 121ak; 05-14-2014 at 10:02 PM..
121ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 11:02 PM   #8
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Picking up a rough country 2" lift Saturday along with a set of 275/70/17s and 1.5" spacers.

Would like to do it at the Auto Hobby Shop but I have no knowledge in installing lift kits.
I can give you a hand and we can knock it out I suggest getting the wheels done by commercial tire. Is the lift a budget boost or springs? Post a link if you can.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.