Moving to northern Idaho, suggestions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Moving to northern Idaho, suggestions?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Moving to northern Idaho, suggestions?

Moving out to Idaho from Indiana in the next month or so, looking at areas between CDa and Spokane. Seems like Spokane valley or Post falls area is nice. Trying to not get too far from decent sized cities, my wife didn't want to be an hour out in the sticks

Washington doesn't have state income tax which would be nice. Looks like the county around there might require emissions test or inspections when I bring the Jeep. Idaho seems free of that except around Boise so no worries there.

Thanks for any suggestions
Jeff

Shark_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
MilanJeep

Live in Idaho, work in Washington.

Post Falls, Rathdrum

Milan
MilanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Getting closer to move, getting excited!! Jeep is going to be flat towed all the way from Indiana behind work truck.
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

been looking to move in the same area for a while now. i never been out there before so i am taking 2 weeks vac. in the spring driving to Spokane. live in ID, work in Spokane are my plans too.
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep
been looking to move in the same area for a while now. i never been out there before so i am taking 2 weeks vac. in the spring driving to Spokane. live in ID, work in Spokane are my plans too.
Boise! Your dub is sweet.
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #6
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24 View Post
Boise! Your dub is sweet.
thanks, but i'm pretty much set on the area i'd like to live. when i visit, i will pass through Boise to check it out though.
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I spent a good amount of time in Boise working this year, it's nice & friendly, but scenery is not the same as up north
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #8
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Made it here, renting in post falls. Poor Jeep didn't like the towing, need front diff repaired now!! Grrr...
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #9
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Welcome. I live in the Hayden area.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #10
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cool. Any group trail runs around here? I have nobody to go with.
Unread 02-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #11
SunDown

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think there are a few members of Exiled Offroad up there. This is our thread. I think ChiliPalmer is the guy you're looking for.
SunDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #12
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

I honestly am not active in offroading much anymore. There are lots of Forest Service roads to drive on (of course at this time of the year they might be a bit impassable). There are also timber company lands around Rathdrum mountain that you can drive on for a small fee. As far as ORV specific areas with technical stuff, there is not much going on in the area (that I know of).

There is a club in the area but I can't tell you much about them.

http://nitrailblazers.org/
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #13
Chewtoy
1976 CJ5 

kicking this thread back to the top. Hey Shark, I am in the process of moving up here from Boise. Looking for houses right now.

ChilliPalmer is definatly the guy to get in touch with. Hey ChilliP! You listening?

We need to get Exiled Off Road NID rolling
Unread 03-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #14
Turbineguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
kicking this thread back to the top. Hey Shark, I am in the process of moving up here from Boise. Looking for houses right now.

ChilliPalmer is definatly the guy to get in touch with. Hey ChilliP! You listening?

We need to get Exiled Off Road NID rolling
We are going to miss you around here... your jeep was badass. Give it to your daughter so it doesn't leave us.
Turbineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2014, 12:25 AM   #15
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey sounds like the thread for me to chime in on. The wife and I are looking at Old Town. Will be looking for Jeeples and hams to get to know. I am a kicking and screaming unhappy import to the P.R.K. (The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.) The wife is part of a pioneer family to the very rural area of the north of the state. We will be very excited to finally get out of here. Hope we can find people willing to give us a chance when they see the bad plates. We will be getting rid of them as soon as possible! So trails and already seeing some frome areas kinda near where we are looking. On Veterans disability so not the tipical rich, rude, snobby Kalifornian that seems to be the ones putting a bad taste into the mouths of Idahoans. Is that the right term? The Idahoans part. Well we will not be ready for about a year and we will be taking at least a month and maybe two to look around and investigate the area as well as look at homes. Small rural town but need to be a driveable distance to the V.A. hospital in Spokane, even during winter if needed.
How sticky are they on smog, wheele coverage and lift? I want to make sure that my YJ will be streetable after I tear down and build it up.
Thanks for any input. I want to be close to good fishing spots too! I hear that isn't hard up there.
89YJBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.