Idaho Trails!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho Trails!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
rdude5
2008 JK Wrangler 

Idaho Trails!!

I know that theres a long thread about people who are in idaho, but im just wondering what some of the good trails to run around here!

rdude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
FuzznYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I am in the same boat you are in. That is why I started my new web site, offroadidaho.com. My goal is to start running some of the trails on my topo maps and documenting them with my GPS. I will then post them to my sight for others to use.
FuzznYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
rdude5
2008 JK Wrangler 

cool. thanks man i will definitely keep checking that out
rdude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
erstowing

cool site. we have just started to explore trails around Boise. is there anything you could use from other guys running trails? my buddy has a gps and tracks the trail as we go. maybe he could download the file and email the map to you.
Unread 07-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
FuzznYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erstowing View Post
cool site. we have just started to explore trails around Boise. is there anything you could use from other guys running trails? my buddy has a gps and tracks the trail as we go. maybe he could download the file and email the map to you.
That would be awesome. Anything you guys think would be helpful/useful please contact me. I can upload any GPX files or pictures to my website that people can share. I have only had this site up and running for a few weeks. There is a small group of us that live in the Emmett area. We are fortunate to have a nice off road park, Little Gem Cycle Park, right next to us.

I have a vinyl plotter/sticker machine and have made some decals for this webpage. I will post pictures of them. If anyone in the Idaho area is interested in a small decal just email me your address. I will mail them out for free to get the word out.

Also I have started a forum for the webpage as well so that we can post here as well as Idaho specific items.

Anyone can reach me at mike@offroadidaho.com

Last edited by FuzznYJ; 07-21-2009 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: Add photo
FuzznYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
FuzznYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have added a couple more trails to my site. I should be adding new trails on a regular basis so check back when you have time.
Unread 08-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
FuzznYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Added a new Idaho trail in my forum last night....
Unread 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #8
GOTROX
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet website! Noe I am goingto have to learn to be more proficient with my GPS so I can map a few trails for you...
GOTROX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #9
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Idaho trails Website...

Good job on your website! I just got registered today. When we moved to Idaho I found it unsual that all the shops were selling guides for trails in other states but not Idaho. I then found out that the trail locations are guarded and there was an unwritten rule not to post them on forums. I can kinda see the reasoning but if folks don't know where the trails are they are more likely to either get lost or travel on an illegal trail.

That being said, your idea is a good one and your website is much needed. Thanks for putting forth the time and effort. Hope to see you out there soon.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #10
FuzznYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Good job on your website! I just got registered today. When we moved to Idaho I found it unsual that all the shops were selling guides for trails in other states but not Idaho. I then found out that the trail locations are guarded and there was an unwritten rule not to post them on forums. I can kinda see the reasoning but if folks don't know where the trails are they are more likely to either get lost or travel on an illegal trail.

That being said, your idea is a good one and your website is much needed. Thanks for putting forth the time and effort. Hope to see you out there soon.
Thanks! I know the issue is real that you bring up about the trails. So far I am only posting trails that are marked and established on my topos. Anything that is not I will converse with others as to it's appropriateness to post.
Unread 04-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #11
TJWilley
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just sent in my registration for your web site... it looks as if we need to give it a bit of a push.

I can understand the clubs wanting to keep the more extreme trails under wraps, and not have'em torn up by a bunch a yahoow's. But honestly, a trail guide for trails that stock or slightly better rigs can run would be a boon for all the 4WD'ers... those who like joining clubs and those who don't.

As a matter of fact... we should work on publishing a trail guid with just such trails in it! The Idaho clubs... 4WD, Motorcycle, Quads and Snowmobilers... could either advertise thier club in it for a fee, or help us produce it, for a percentage cut off the sales reciepts!

Now how's that for an idea!
TJWilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 01:41 AM   #12
rootbeerfreak21
1977 CJ5 

Finally found the compressor trail on google maps I have been looking for the trail for 6-8 months. I feel so accomplished right now.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
rootbeerfreak21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.