Idaho BLM travel Plan 11/29/2010 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho BLM travel Plan 11/29/2010

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
GOTROX
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Idaho BLM travel Plan 11/29/2010

Hi everyone,

I received a letter in the mail today from the BLM. I am going to re-type the letter in it's entirety so the 4x4 community can get invovled. I am particularly concerned that this letter came to me as a registered OHV owner because the letter clearly does not anticipate off highway 4x4 vehicles. At the most revent National Public Lands day clean up of this exact area, the 4x4 community made up the majority of the volunteers.

Please take a few minutes to read the letter and rite a response. Personally, since they specifically requested we NOT send maps of the areas we use, I am considering sending GPS waypoints.

Letter Text:

November 29, 2010

Dear registered off-highway vehicle (OHV) Owner:

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is developing a travel management plan (TMP) for public lands in Owyhee County west of the Bruneau River. The TMP will address all motorized routes on public land outside of the six designated Wilderness areas. Decisions previously issued for the Wilson Creek, Hemingway, and Murphy sub regions of the Owyhee Front will be carried forward into this plan.

The BLM is requesting information to ensure a complete route inventory and seeks to identify public concerns to be addressed duringplanning. The BLMwill use all information that you provide to develop alternatives for route designations in the planning area.

Maps and more information are located on the BLM website at:

Owyhee County TMP

Please email your comments to oma_trans_wild@blm.gov. Please do not send maps through email and be sure to include the information below.

1. What kind of OHV do you ride (ATV, motorcycle, UTV)?

2. Where in the project area are you using your OHV?

3. When do you ride in the area (spring, summer, fall, winter, year round)?

4. Why do you use these routes and why are they important?

5. How are the routes used (recreation, Competitive, access)?

you can also mail your comments to the BLM. Comments may be mailed to:

TJ Clifford, Outdoor Recreation Planner

Boise District BLM

Boise, ID 83704

(208) 384-3300

This travel planning process will impact where you can ride on BLM lands in the Owyhees. If you ride in the planning area with your OHV, please participate in this planning process.

Sincerely

<signature>

Troy Elmore, OHV Program Manager

Reclamations Bureau

GOTROX is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.