Idaho - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #841
Tkamplin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Does anybody up around Boise/Meridian rent a room out, by chance? It'd be from Aug. 09- end of Dec. 09, I'd pay around $300 a month flat rate.

It's that or a motel. Blah.

Unread 02-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #842
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkamplin View Post
Does anybody up around Boise/Meridian rent a room out, by chance? It'd be from Aug. 09- end of Dec. 09, I'd pay around $300 a month flat rate.

It's that or a motel. Blah.
http://boise.craigslist.org/roo/1029605252.html

http://boise.craigslist.org/roo/1029403992.html

http://boise.craigslist.org/roo/1029339504.html (I wonder what they mean by $100 deposit can be "worked off"?)

http://hostelboise.com/

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #843
Tkamplin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I hadn't gotten that far yet, I'm just sending out feelers =D Not moving for some months.
Unread 02-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #844
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Wild West Off Roaders run on the 22nd will meet at 0900 at the Chevron at Air Base Road, and Hwy 51 (Bruneau Hwy) in Mtn Home. The run will be to Lizard Gulch, which is a few miles down Hwy 51 past Bruneau. All are welcome. Lizard Gulch is mostly high desert area with lots of two track road, washes, and some lava flow play areas. Few nice canyons too. Any 4x4 with a slight bit of clearance can do fine. Stock rigs are fine. Not too much pinstriping either. It is worth the drive to see some wheelin' area that you may not be familiar with.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #845
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like the IOR run was changed to Sat. the 21st.

COTM - October 2012!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
Unread 02-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #846
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
Wild West Off Roaders run on the 22nd will meet at 0900 at the Chevron at Air Base Road, and Hwy 51 (Bruneau Hwy) in Mtn Home. The run will be to Lizard Gulch, which is a few miles down Hwy 51 past Bruneau. All are welcome. Lizard Gulch is mostly high desert area with lots of two track road, washes, and some lava flow play areas. Few nice canyons too. Any 4x4 with a slight bit of clearance can do fine. Stock rigs are fine. Not too much pinstriping either. It is worth the drive to see some wheelin' area that you may not be familiar with.
I don't get back into town until midnight on Friday so I won't be making any of the Sat. runs but I might try to make this one...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 02-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #847
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well, I goofed up. The trail description I made before was for Little Valley, not for Lizard Gulch.
Same meeting times and place.
Lizard Gulch is also known as Hooker Canyon. Different clubs call it different names; but it is the same place. It is roughly 8-10 miles from Bruneau.
It is the trail that leads down into the old Indian Bathtub site. There is a fence at the end of the vehicle trail and you could walk to the site from there. I don't remember how far it is.
The trail is fairly short, with rocks and a couple ledges. There are a few ways to get through the ledges. Some ground clearance is handy or you will scrape a bumper or such. Long vehicles may get hung up. Although stock rigs have gone through often. Right at the fence is anoptional ledge that modified vehicles try, don't think a stock rig can make it. Not real difficult but makes you pay attention.
The name Hooker Canyon came from the fact that when most newbies try this trail-they get hooked on wheeling.

If anyone is going down to this trail, please call me beforehand. I prefer to drive from Boise with another vehicle if possible. I have to go slow (60)though. I usually try to leave early enough to stop at the Stage Stop for breakfast, and get fuel in Mtn Home.
861-6514
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #848
blackbndt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

So my Jeep might be sold tommorow, well actually today since its in the AM. I was checking out that FJ40 and a couple of CJs on craigslist. That FJ would be real sweet, its the one for $2000 with the v8 thats primered gray and needs finished. I could afford to buy that and a daily driver for around $2000 as well... you guys wouldn't hate me if I got a FJ and not a Jeep would you???
blackbndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #849
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbndt View Post
So my Jeep might be sold tommorow, well actually today since its in the AM. I was checking out that FJ40 and a couple of CJs on craigslist. That FJ would be real sweet, its the one for $2000 with the v8 thats primered gray and needs finished. I could afford to buy that and a daily driver for around $2000 as well... you guys wouldn't hate me if I got a FJ and not a Jeep would you???
I'd only hate you because I would love to have that FJ! If I remember right they also mentioned "trade" and I thought about how mad my son would be if I traded his truck...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 02-12-2009, 08:53 AM   #850
blackbndt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
I'd only hate you because I would love to have that FJ! If I remember right they also mentioned "trade" and I thought about how mad my son would be if I traded his truck...
thats funny, I'm sure he wouldn't be pleased
blackbndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #851
bmlawless
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbndt View Post
Nah, we would just point and laugh.

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
"TJ" really stands for "TEAL JEEP!"
I'll think of a better signature when my ADHD medication starts wor.....hey look, a penny!
bmlawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #852
bmlawless
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Idaho89YJ is famous! Well, his Jeep is at least.

http://boise.craigslist.org/spo/1031632840.html

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
"TJ" really stands for "TEAL JEEP!"
I'll think of a better signature when my ADHD medication starts wor.....hey look, a penny!
bmlawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #853
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Chilipalmer's Birthday

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Chili, I think he said it was the big 40,

Your xj is looking sweet also,
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #854
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Chili, I think he said it was the big 40,

X2 I didn't even know it was his birthday

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #855
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post

Thanks and you missed it by one...39...

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.