Idaho - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #826
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbndt View Post
Just wait till the 7nth when the special Olympics start, its really going to be packed!!
Actually, almost all of the events take place in Boise/Nampa. There are a couple events in Sun Valley and only one (snowshoeing) I believe in McCall. So I don't think it will be as busy this weekend as last.

Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #827
jprestin
1991 YJ Wrangler 

hey just lookin to see whats around, i go to school at NNU in nampa and we do some trips with a few of us off roaders here but looking to get into a bigger crowd.. where should i wheel? we have been doing hemmingway butte area and the silver city area but that is all we have covered so far. any ideas?
jprestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #828
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I would suggest hooking up with one of the local clubs to get info on where to legally wheel. All the clubs support the state association, help with clean ups, fundraisers and such.

Most all events are announced on www.Planet4x4.net

Idaho 4x4 club
meets at Idaho Pizza, 405 E. Fairview in Meridian, 2nd Tue of month, 7pm
They are for short wb 4x4's
www.idaho4x4.com

High Desert Off Road
meets at Idaho Pizza, 405 E. Fairview in Meridian, last Tue of month, 7pm
They take any 4x4.
www.4x4lizard.com
The website does not get much traffic-they use Planet

Wild West Off Roaders
meets 2nd Tue of month, Carlos Restaurant, Hwy 30 Mtn Home
They take any 4x4.
Their website is linked off Planet forums.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #829
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

February run announced...

Check out the Idaho Off Road forum for the Feb. run details. It's currently scheduled for Sun 22nd. I hope to see you all there.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #830
apexjeepinjoe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Check out the Idaho Off Road forum for the Feb. run details. It's currently scheduled for Sun 22nd. I hope to see you all there.
Sounds fun I might have to check that one out.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon(my woman's ride)
2002 Wrangler Apex Edition(with lots of goodies)
1988 Comanche(stock for now)
1970 Jeepster Commando(a work In progress)
apexjeepinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #831
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

High Desert is having a snow run near Grimes Creek on 2-21.
Wild West is having a run somewhere on 2-22.
There will be folks out on lost trail near Murphy tomorrow.

I will be working on the Toy front axle rebuild tomorrow.
Unread 02-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #832
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Good morning everyone!!!!!! SO I am thinking about doing the FeB 22nd run with the Id off road club. Just wanted to see who all was thinking about going? Thinking maybe we could all meet for a quick breakfast before the 9o clock meet out at Gowen road. Just a thought to toss around.......
Broam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #833
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I will likely go out the 21st with High Desert. Good snow runs are going away fast with the weather. The 22nd I will likely go wherever Wild West goes-since I am a member of those two clubs.
No Balls, or No Cajones is where Id4x4 is going. Nice area not to far out. Lots of playing sites, from mild dirt hills to wild rock obstacles-although short.
The area is a wash and lava tube area. This area is getting trashed pretty well by partying punks especially since Blacks Creek has been off-limits. It is heading for closure too.
If you keep heading a few miles mostly east and south on the main dirt trail, you will find lots of pools of water/mud. If you get to the power line road close to the freeway, follow it to the east- there is a continuation of the lava tubes and creek that has some really hardcore spots in it. Last year I went out there to extract a built rig that had broken three axles and a hub. That was a tough extraction.
Unread 02-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #834
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broam17 View Post
Good morning everyone!!!!!! SO I am thinking about doing the FeB 22nd run with the Id off road club. Just wanted to see who all was thinking about going? Thinking maybe we could all meet for a quick breakfast before the 9o clock meet out at Gowen road. Just a thought to toss around.......
What type of breakfast spots do they have near there?
Unread 02-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #835
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Grizz- there is a resteraunt off the exit, i cant think of the name but it has some early bird speacle and it was cheep.

Take the gowen exit, make a left and at the light take a right and then the next right into the parking lot. I think its called perkins or sharris. dont remember the name but had a green sighn.
Broam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #836
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

I'm back to my normal travel schedule so I won't be able to make either one of those runs...

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #837
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broam17 View Post
Grizz- there is a resteraunt off the exit, i cant think of the name but it has some early bird speacle and it was cheep.

Take the gowen exit, make a left and at the light take a right and then the next right into the parking lot. I think its called perkins or sharris. dont remember the name but had a green sighn.

I'm up for it; either place is good. Shari's has some fabulous pancakes.
Unread 02-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #838
bmlawless
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
I'm up for it; either place is good. Shari's has some fabulous pancakes.
It's Perkins. There is also a Jack-in-the-Box, Burger King, Tully's Coffee, Quizno's, McDonald's and a Vicious Fish Tacos there.

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
"TJ" really stands for "TEAL JEEP!"
I'll think of a better signature when my ADHD medication starts wor.....hey look, a penny!
bmlawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #839
bmlawless
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
No Balls, or No Cajones is where Id4x4 is going. Nice area not to far out. Lots of playing sites, from mild dirt hills to wild rock obstacles-although short.The area is a wash and lava tube area. This area is getting trashed pretty well by partying punks especially since Blacks Creek has been off-limits. It is heading for closure too.
Everyone needs to bring two plastic shopping bags and schedule a 10 minutes break specifically to pick stuff up. You will be amaxed at how much stuff you get out of there that quickly.

My wife and I will take a bag when we go for a walk and often overfill it in just a two mile walk.

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
"TJ" really stands for "TEAL JEEP!"
I'll think of a better signature when my ADHD medication starts wor.....hey look, a penny!
bmlawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #840
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

breakfast and trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlawless View Post
Everyone needs to bring two plastic shopping bags and schedule a 10 minutes break specifically to pick stuff up. You will be amaxed at how much stuff you get out of there that quickly.

My wife and I will take a bag when we go for a walk and often overfill it in just a two mile walk.
Perkins is great, but the fish tacos will have to wait until lunch.

As far as the trash goes, I'll make sure to bring my "golden retriever" and a hefty lawn bag!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.