Idaho - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #811
blackbndt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome fellow eeper

blackbndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #812
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Bluejeepyj- Its out by the namap dump off of mussuri i think.

Bmlawless- I was talking about meridian. If you take the meridian Exit and go north twards franklin you will go all the way down till you hit the train tracks. Go over the train tracks and make the first right. Then make the first Left go down a block or 2 and the little repair shop is on your left.
Broam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #813
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Razzin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
Grizz-twist my arm; okay that is enough. Right now I have to get the Toy off the jackstands and finish the brakes on the side I did manage to get resealed. When the new seal for the other side gets here, will have to tear that one down. Hopefully that will only be a one day project. Just holler when you want to get together and discuss drivelines or whatever. My ambition this week ran away after fighting those seals all weekend. I have my new Ham radio mount about 1/2 fabbed up, and will be working on it when I can. BTW, High Desert Off Road just appointed me the club safety officer for this year.

Welcome BlueJeepYJ.
After I saw Chili's razzin I had to throw something in there! No hurry and no worry! Oh yeah, and congrats on the safety officer position.

Last edited by GrizzlyBear67; 01-29-2009 at 09:13 PM..
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #814
blackbndt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Idaho89yj, that was me you saw in the grand am by the fairgrounds today. I see you got a different setup with your antannas, and are those new hooks in the front? They looked new.
Unread 02-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #815
blackbndt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Went up to Mccall for the winter festival from Friday till Sunday. Stayed at a friends Cabin... decided to go wheeling... tried to get down to the boat ramp... made it about 3-4ft farther than whats in the picture and burried it all the way up to Tie Rod.

It took us about two hours to get both of us out, my winch cable came off the spool and had to fix that. The hardest part was getting turned around, had to winch tree to tree. Broam17 and 4 other people were trying to dig his Jeep out for the longest time untill I finally got out. I tried to winch him out but it just pulled me closer to him due to the icy roads. Had to hook up a full size suv to my jeep to hold me while I winched out Broam17 Jeep out. It was pretty fun, I was happy how far my Jeep made it in that deep of snow. Pictures don't show justice.

Last edited by blackbndt; 02-02-2009 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: picture didn't show up
Unread 02-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #816
blackbndt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you actually look right in front of the XJ you can see how deep the snow is and how big of a hole he was in. All around it, it was deep lol
Unread 02-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #817
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbndt View Post
Went up to Mccall for the winter festival from Friday till Sunday. Stayed at a friends Cabin... decided to go wheeling... tried to get down to the boat ramp... made it about 3-4ft farther than whats in the picture and burried it all the way up to Tie Rod.
Looks like you had fun - but how was the drive home! I was actually driving North on 55 today and was glad I didn't have to come back that way!

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2009, 03:57 AM   #818
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

McCall

Bandit:
I'm glad to see you out wheelin it, maybe you'll decide you love it to much to sell! And pictures never seem to do a trail justice.

I've seen what you can do with your jeep so the snow must have been deep.
(Hey, pretty cool rhyme!)
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #819
blackbndt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
Looks like you had fun - but how was the drive home! I was actually driving North on 55 today and was glad I didn't have to come back that way!
It actually wasn't bad at all. There was one time when a bunch of cars got all lined up but we were still doing the speed limit.. It took a little longer because Broam17 Jeep was having some overheating problems coming up horseshoe bend hill.
Unread 02-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #820
blackbndt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Bandit:
I'm glad to see you out wheelin it, maybe you'll decide you love it to much to sell! And pictures never seem to do a trail justice.

I've seen what you can do with your jeep so the snow must have been deep.
(Hey, pretty cool rhyme!)
Trust me I love my Jeep so much, but at the same time I need the money and I would like to get a stock one and do it all my self
Unread 02-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #821
Idaho89YJ
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbndt View Post
Idaho89yj, that was me you saw in the grand am by the fairgrounds today. I see you got a different setup with your antannas, and are those new hooks in the front? They looked new.
I wondered... I kind of thought it was but you're hard to recognize without the Jeep. No the antennas aren't really different, I just rednecked it and threw the tennis balls on there. I only tied them forward for that day so they wouldn't be flying around. The hooks are the same. And if you noticed, I still haven't put my light bar back on. I'm just that lazy....

I was up in Mccall from about 2:30 Saturday morning til about 2:00 Sunday. The roads didn't seem bad at all.
Idaho89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #822
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Hello All!!! Well the trip to McCall was a blast. I Had so much fun out in the snow LOL!! As you can see from the pics. I learned a lot. I need bigger tires and Im not going to follow Blackbndt untill I see he made it all the way!!!! But Nice pics man thanx for posting them. O and when you winched up the hill and the hook bent.....it was really the bracket tearing so I need to weld it back together.
Broam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #823
Texan32
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Howdy fellas. A new co-worker and I were wanting to have a little fun this weekend (Sat pref.). But, since I am not very familiar with the trails, I was wondering if any of the seasoned vets wanted to join us?!

Anyone up? I STILL haven't used my winch and it really kind of getting on my nerves

01 WJ Limited - custom rock chipped paint.
Texan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #824
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There is not much wheeling to be had in McCall this time of year. I am also looking forward to the END of winter carival so I can find a dang parking spot again. Its like the 4th of July - when McCall is packed with 10 times more people than it can handle.

Does not take long to get stuck once you pull off maintained roads around here. Wish those mattracks were not so expensive!

I am heading to Moab the week prior to EJS (March 28 - April 4). Will any of you guys be there at the same time?
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #825
blackbndt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post

There is not much wheeling to be had in McCall this time of year. I am also looking forward to the END of winter carival so I can find a dang parking spot again. Its like the 4th of July - when McCall is packed with 10 times more people than it can handle.

Does not take long to get stuck once you pull off maintained roads around here. Wish those mattracks were not so expensive!

I am heading to Moab the week prior to EJS (March 28 - April 4). Will any of you guys be there at the same time?
Just wait till the 7nth when the special Olympics start, its really going to be packed!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.