Idaho - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiHappy Thursday! From Morris 4X4 Center

Unread 01-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #796
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

good wheeling spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeepYJ View Post
I live in Star. I moved here in september from Gig Harbor Washington. Can anybody tell me of some good legal wheeling spots around here? I dont have many mods so they cant be that bad. Let me know if your from the area!
Welcome to the area and it looks like you have a really clean YJ.
You probably won't get anyone to name off any specific trail locations on the forums but you will definitely see runs posted. The guys you see posting here are a great bunch of guys and there is a mixture of all experience levels so you'll fit right in. Make sure you at least have solid front and rear attachment points just to start. Oh yeah, and please learn about disconnecting your front sway bar off road if you haven't already. YJ's have perhaps the most restrictive swaybar ever put on a jeep and they really flounder with it attached.
It might be a little slower during winter but you'll see more activity come spring. The Idaho Off Road website has runs posted plus it provides links to other clubs in the area so you can take your pick. Good luck, looking forward to seeing you out there.

GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #797
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlawless View Post
Are you talking about Boise or Meridian (or even Nampa)? For the life of me I can't think of where Idaho Truss is in downtown Boise.

Idaho Truss used to be located on/near 3rd in Meridian.
Unread 01-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #798
NorthwestYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBear67 View Post
Welcome to the area and it looks like you have a really clean YJ.
You probably won't get anyone to name off any specific trail locations on the forums but you will definitely see runs posted. The guys you see posting here are a great bunch of guys and there is a mixture of all experience levels so you'll fit right in. Make sure you at least have solid front and rear attachment points just to start. Oh yeah, and please learn about disconnecting your front sway bar off road if you haven't already. YJ's have perhaps the most restrictive swaybar ever put on a jeep and they really flounder with it attached.
It might be a little slower during winter but you'll see more activity come spring. The Idaho Off Road website has runs posted plus it provides links to other clubs in the area so you can take your pick. Good luck, looking forward to seeing you out there.
Thanks! Allright ill keep my eyes open for some runs! I have the hooks on my front bumpers. But for the back all i have is a hitch and the "hoops" that are suppose to be bumpers. haha If these will work i plan on doing a 4 inch lift in June and hopefully some new tires and backspaced wheels.
NorthwestYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #799
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I live in Star. I moved here in september from Gig Harbor Washington. Can anybody tell me of some good legal wheeling spots around here? I dont have many mods so they cant be that bad. Let me know if your from the area!
Welcome!!!
Unread 01-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #800
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks! Allright ill keep my eyes open for some runs! I have the hooks on my front bumpers. But for the back all i have is a hitch and the "hoops" that are suppose to be bumpers. haha If these will work i plan on doing a 4 inch lift in June and hopefully some new tires and backspaced wheels.
A 2 inch receiver? If so it'll take a nice D ring insert. You don't want to be stuck having to use a choker chain on an axle or shackle. A 4 inch lift is a safe bet for a YJ. I'm still trying to figure out front DS angle issues for my 5 inch lift. One thing for sure-there is a thousand ways to go about it.
Unread 01-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #801
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

CB stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb208 View Post
Does anybody know the best place in the valley to shop for CB antennas and mounts? From the times I've wandered around their showrooms, it doesn't appear that Buck's or 4 Wheel Parts carry any in stock, unless they keep them in the store room.......

This reply is a little late, but Joe's in Meridian has a nice little selection of all that stuff.
Unread 01-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #802
NorthwestYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
A 2 inch receiver? If so it'll take a nice D ring insert. You don't want to be stuck having to use a choker chain on an axle or shackle. A 4 inch lift is a safe bet for a YJ. I'm still trying to figure out front DS angle issues for my 5 inch lift. One thing for sure-there is a thousand ways to go about it.
Its not a 2 inch reveiver. Its hard to explain but there are two bars comming from under the bumper with the ball thats is threaded through a hole. I can take a picture. I beleive its a "factory" hitch
Unread 01-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #803
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Its not a 2 inch reveiver. Its hard to explain but there are two bars comming from under the bumper with the ball thats is threaded through a hole. I can take a picture. I beleive its a "factory" hitch
Oh yeah, I know what you mean.
Unread 01-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #804
NorthwestYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

do you think that is an okay recovery point for the rear? Im planning on buying a rear bumper with D ring mounts. But right now I want to spend the money on a lift and ask for a bumper for a birthday or something. Did you do SYE with your lift? thats the only thing im not to sure about with the 4 inch. Ill most likly be doing it by myself unless i can get a work party going.
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #805
bmlawless
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Idaho Truss used to be located on/near 3rd in Meridian.
That's what I was thinking. I had a property at 3rd/Bower which was in an industrial area.

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
"TJ" really stands for "TEAL JEEP!"
I'll think of a better signature when my ADHD medication starts wor.....hey look, a penny!
bmlawless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #806
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
do you think that is an okay recovery point for the rear? Im planning on buying a rear bumper with D ring mounts. But right now I want to spend the money on a lift and ask for a bumper for a birthday or something. Did you do SYE with your lift? thats the only thing im not to sure about with the 4 inch. Ill most likly be doing it by myself unless i can get a work party going.
I think you'll bend the factory hitch if used for a real recovery. Better to go with your plans for a new bumper with D rings. I did an SYE but wish I would have checked into a super short Tera Flex SYE. I honestly don't know that much about the super short SYE but it is worth checking out. Too late for me. When talking about doing mods these things snowball very quickly don't they!
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #807
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Welcome from Meridian...

Quote:
You still having problems? Have you posted up in the square headlight section () to see if anyone can help? The sad thing is 2 of our 3 Jeeps have square headlights...

Quote:
That should work fine but I would recommend taking the ball off and using a D-ring (pic below); just install it in the hole the ball normally mounts too...

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #808
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlawless View Post
That's what I was thinking. I had a property at 3rd/Bower which was in an industrial area.
Have you seen the lot across the street to the north lately? Hard to believe that stuff is all completely gone. I'm just wondering when the McFadden building is going to collapse, it's really falling apart. It's a neat building with a lot of history but I don't see how they will salvage it. The bricks are turning to dust.
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:45 PM   #809
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

You still having problems? Have you posted up in the square headlight section () to see if anyone can help? The sad thing is 2 of our 3 Jeeps have square headlights...

Excluding military models I think more Jeeps were made with rectangles than round. More XJ's were sold that all TJ's and CJ's combined and, my friend, the XJ is pure Jeep! Oh wait, you have one don't you...

As far as my DS goes, I'll pick you up someday to get an expert analysis. Sinbad and I both think the angle is fine but I just can't tell. I am definitely taking you and TW up on your offers for help this time. That is-as soon as you both make one!
Unread 01-29-2009, 05:50 AM   #810
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Grizz-twist my arm; okay that is enough. Right now I have to get the Toy off the jackstands and finish the brakes on the side I did manage to get resealed. When the new seal for the other side gets here, will have to tear that one down. Hopefully that will only be a one day project. Just holler when you want to get together and discuss drivelines or whatever. My ambition this week ran away after fighting those seals all weekend. I have my new Ham radio mount about 1/2 fabbed up, and will be working on it when I can. BTW, High Desert Off Road just appointed me the club safety officer for this year.

Welcome BlueJeepYJ.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.