Idaho - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #751
Idaho89YJ
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
You're welcome... And it was nice chattin' with you again the other day.
Yeah you too. When you get your bender and start working on your cage I'd like to come over for a day or so and help you if you don't mind. I'd like to see how the bender works and such. Just let me know. Thanks!

Idaho89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #752
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho89YJ View Post
Yeah you too. When you get your bender and start working on your cage I'd like to come over for a day or so and help you if you don't mind. I'd like to see how the bender works and such. Just let me know. Thanks!
Will do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlawless View Post
I thought I'd heard that the 2-doors were more valuable. I wouldn't spend that much on a 4-door for sure. I wouldn't pay close to $2,500 anyway because I always haggle.
Value's in the eye of the beholder... I prefer the 2 doors over the 4 doors and would only buy a 4 door if it was my only vehicle.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #753
bmlawless
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It would be vehicle number 5 in our household, and we only have 2 drivers.

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
"TJ" really stands for "TEAL JEEP!"
I'll think of a better signature when my ADHD medication starts wor.....hey look, a penny!
bmlawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #754
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
blah, blah, blah.....anybody know of anyone who can bend 3/16" plate steel 64" long?.....blah, blah, blah...
For future reference:

Jacks Metal Works Inc
508 E 46th St
Boise, ID , 83714-4769
Phone: 208-375-5272
FAX: 208-375-7762

Quoted me $35 for that bend; not bad considering it's about 64" long.

Thanks Tumbleweed...

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #755
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

hello!!! Seems like everyone disapered! HAHA! Just noticed our thread was not on top any more. So hello to anyone out there.
Broam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #756
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Hey Broam, I was thinking the same thing, were not on top anymore, I had the white Grand cherokee at leslie a few weeks ago, I'm not working for the next month so if you have any projects that need welding you are more than welcom to swing by and use my welder and learn to weld.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #757
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Say sinbad I apprechiate that. I would totaly love to learn to weld. Im kinda working right now wich is nice. But im working at a garage durring the day durring the week. I do have a little welding project i need done but I need to get my new alternator, water pump,idle pully, serpinteen belt, radiator hose and over flow tank installed before i can do anything seeing as how it doesnt move haha. luckilly for me it broke on my way to work to day. lol. after the 1st of feb im free on the weekends so we should get together then if your free.

Chilli- thanx for the PM I called the guy. I should have it saturday! Thanx man
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #758
Broam17
1989 XJ Cherokee 

ANY ONE NEED WORK DONE ANY VEHICAL????????

The place im working at is: Elliott's Auto Repair (208) 713-5627 John Elliot: Owner

This is the only guy ill let touch either of my vehicals. He has always been fair or better on prices and now he is helping me out in my time of financial need!! This is my way of trying to help him out.
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #759
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Hey Broam, glad your back working, anytime I can help out with something let me know,
Dan
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #760
paulb208

Broam17 - thanks for the info. Finding a quality mechanic that charges a fair price and stands behind his work can be difficult. Where is his shop located?
paulb208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #761
blackbndt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I had a question for you guys? I drove my girlfriends 02 Grand Am today and it was making this somewhat loud knocking noise. The noise stopped once the car was fully warm.... heres my question I checked the oil to see if it was low, Well when I pulled the dipstick out it was covered in a yellowish gupe. I cleaned it up and re checked it, evertime there would be a little bit of either yellowish slimy goop or a dark orange color. Mosty yellow though. Does anyone know what this could be? I was thinking antifreeze got into the oil somehow?
blackbndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #762
paulb208

Yep. Headgasket leak. Definitely NOT a good thing.
paulb208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #763
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
Hey Broam, glad your back working, anytime I can help out with something let me know,
Dan
I'm hear to say-Sinbad is one hard/smart working dude! Thanks for the help with those flares. If you hadn't come over it would have taken me at least four times longer and I would have screwed it up. Oh, yeah, and thanks again for those coil compressors.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #764
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

JK coil spacers...

I got the additional 3/4 inch spacers put in the front. The first one I tried was a little shaky, took about 45 minutes. The second, after I learned from my mistakes, only took about 15. Now she rides darn near level and looks much better. Thanks to all that offered to help, I appreciate it.
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #765
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broam17 View Post
hello!!! Seems like everyone disapered! HAHA! Just noticed our thread was not on top any more. So hello to anyone out there.
Maybe it's the inversion? I noticed that also.

So I'm sitting on the couch, all fat dumb and happy, when the wife says:

Honey, can you empty the trash? It's full and it stinks!

Me: Sure, but it sounds like you are talking about me...

Wife: Ah honey, you're never full!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.