Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Idaho

484K views 10K replies 172 participants last post by  IdahoHal 
#1 ·
I kinda started goin' thru the NW Check in thread but it got really long and onto other subjects. I saw 1 other Idaho person fron Cour de lane (?). Any one else from Idaho? I'm from Nampa, 20 miles west of Boise.

#2 ·
I am in Kuna and I have a few other Jeep buddies in the area as well. We just ran Lost Trail and Soldier Cap a couple weekends ago... I'll try to post up here when we make another run...

#3 ·
Hi everyone! I'm from Southeast Idaho -- the great metropolis of Shelley, which is the first flyspeck on the map South of Idaho Falls. I actually work in Idaho Falls, but I tend to play up in Central Idaho for the most part. I see so many Jeeps here, but not too many posts yet!

#4 ·
I'm in meridian and would really enjoy a couple of trail runs. I would really be interested in a snow run through idaho city or silver city area this winter. I don't have alot of free time so i'm limited but with ample notice and a good group of level headed guys i could have some fun.

Racer32 PM me next time your planning on heading out. I traded my XJ to a guy from Kuna a few months ago.

#5 ·
Boise here. Went to Leslie Gulch and some other dirt road off of hwy95 last friday. Plan on doing a Murphy/Silver City/Reynolds Creek loop in a couple weeks.

#8 ·
I just went over Robie Creek from Fort Boise Park to Robie on sunday. That was pretty fun, there was one place about half way where you could turn off to the right, and go up a fairly steep hill, you had to pass a fence that was open and damaged (hopfully not PP) and then you can go down to the river at robie from the boat ramp. Crossed the river a couple times and through a mud bog there several times.... pretty fun.

#11 ·
I'm in Meridian, always up for some fun! I didn't realize how many people from Idaho were actually on this board.

#13 · (Edited)
I'm up for it on a Saturday, this month may be difficult with the Holidays but after Mid jan I am open. email at msn.com with maybe a google maps map to where it is and i'll see if I can, maybe we can start a club. Looks like we have at least 6-10 just on this board.

#17 ·
Wow, looky at all of these spudwackers!
I am over here in Rigby.
If you guys are looking for local clubs, check here: www.planet4x4.net in Boise area you have http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/high-desert-off-road/ and http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/hillbilly-rock-krew/ in Mtn. Home you have http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/wild-west-offroaders/ . In SE Idaho you have SRO, the best club ever http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/snake-river-offroaders/

Planet is the Idaho site, it is all kinds of rigs not just us jeeps. Check it out. When I get my YJ done with the new axles under it maybe we can go and do some wheelin!

#18 ·
How was everyones Christmas? Any new Jeepy gifts? None for me, but I got plenty that i liked.

#21 ·
I am taking a couple friends with me out to the area near Walters Ferry on Wednesday around 10am for a couple hours. Nothing major, but if you happen to have a weekday morning off I'll see you there.

#22 ·
This thread has recieved a ton of action. Now it's a toss up for me. I would love to take a trail run, but it's my season right now. Anything else on the agenda in the recent future.

For any of you guys in meridian make sure and wave to the red YJ softop.

#23 ·
Just checking in from Meridian. If anyone is interested in pics of me, Bluesman and dogman from the Owyhees go here! (The 9/1/07 Owyhees gallery are pictures of a group of guys I ran into - they ran Meat Grinder, Carnage Canyon and Upper Carnage), there's also some pics from the XRRA in June of '07. Me, dogman and Bluesman were going about once a month and then I went and sold my TJ - :( I've got an '84 XJ I'm trying to put together right now (35's, 4.88's, spool/aussie, blah) that should be done by 4/1/08 and when it's done I plan to go right back to once a month or more!

I have a stock '99 WJ or an '04 Ford SD Crewcab that are pretty fun too, so if anyone wants to go just post up, I'm sure there will be others.

#26 ·
BluesMan said:
Bluesman Checking in!
Nice tan in that avatar! I just noticed that - :shhh:

dogman said:
Thanks for ruining our TJ group

Seriously though, I'm dying to get out! Too much web wheeling for me lately.

What about Lost Trail February 2nd or 3rd?
I'm up for something on the 3rd - anyone else in! (EDIT: Yes we'll back in time for the Super Bowl)

I probably won't do Lost Trail - street tires or my F250 Crew Cab probably wouldn't fair too well there this time of year!

We've got lots of options - Idaho City, Silver City (Either go up the SC road or (try) to come in from the back side - i.e. go the opposite way we went last time), Sage Hen area (we still need to get out there and explore!) or anywhere we can find some snow!

Let me know...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.