Idaho - Page 401 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 08-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #6001
Cwest22
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mountain home, Id
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
LOL, this thread has had more ups and downs than a roller coaster, it's had more ups and downs than a New York hooker on a moonlit Friday night. It's seen more people come and go then the LA County jail.

Some of the players may come and go but this thread's not going anywhere
Ok sparrows ill shhhhh! Awesome analogy chili.

If you guys set something up let me know and ill work it in. If its not to bumpy ill bring the wife along

__________________
[url]http://www.exiledoffroad.com/[/url]
Cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #6002
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
count me in! You still have my email?

This thread is dying? This is the most active its been since I joined JF! I've just been broke this week and running on fumes since Saturday lol. And I was sick. So shhhhhhh.

Anyways, I'm game for something this weekend. Let me talk to Justin and see what he feels like.

Wjidaho: a while back you posted some really cool photos of a waterfall and swimming hole. Care to share some directions? Or guide all us.wrangler slobs up there? I'd like to do a trail run that includes a great lunch spot like that, and that also includes the wj guys that don't really play on the rocks....

Cheers
I think that was jump creek, out by Nampa, it's a little hike to the waterfall and swimming hole, not a lot of trails around their, i mainly head north when i go out, I know of a lot of trials around the middle fork and north fork of the Boise river . I would love to join in a trip but I am waiting on a front ds for mine, hoping to back on trails by months end. :-)
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #6003
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post

I think that was jump creek, out by Nampa, it's a little hike to the waterfall and swimming hole, not a lot of trails around their, i mainly head north when i go out, I know of a lot of trials around the middle fork and north fork of the Boise river . I would love to join in a trip but I am waiting on a front ds for mine, hoping to back on trails by months end. :-)
Where did you end up going for you DS?
We have plenty of open seats if you just want to take the family out and act as a guide .

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #6004
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

Where did you end up going for you DS?
We have plenty of open seats if you just want to take the family out and act as a guide .

Cheers
Getting a new one online for 300 shipped, local guys started at 425 to rebuild mine :-( as far as going I will have to see what I can work out ;-)
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #6005
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 1,984
Sparrows here is the Location & Directions: Southwest of Marsing, Idaho From Boise, take Interstate 84 West to the Nampa exit for Highway 55 (Exit 33A). Follow Highway 55 through Marsing and on to the junction with US-95. Continue 1 miles past the junction and turn left onto Cemetery Road. Turn left at the T-intersection with a STOP sign. The road becomes Jump Creek Road as it continues south. Just after passing under power transmission lines, the road curves right, through private land – stay on the roadway as it curves back to the left toward the entry to the recreation area. It's a cool place but like I said not a lot of trails. On a side note I saw you jeep in Nampa the other day got to say nice looking rig, I would have stopped to meet ya but I was running late
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #6006
Timbo24
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,062
Where did you get it from?
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #6007
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24
Where did you get it from?
A drive line company out of St gorge ut it's though eBay, even talk to then in the phone with my info for them to build it
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #6008
jaspepp
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: boise, ID
Posts: 371
Wow! I feel likes they want a lot to rebuild that ds. Was that Jim's or six states?
jaspepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #6009
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspepp
Wow! I feel likes they want a lot to rebuild that ds. Was that Jim's or six states?
Jim's wanted 300 to rebuild and that's if only one joint was gone if both were then it was going to be another 65. and that would mean reusing bolts and everything, idk I think a new one is the better way since its all new including new bolts. Six states said 425 period
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #6010
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho

Jim's wanted 300 to rebuild and that's if only one joint was gone if both were then it was going to be another 65. and that would mean reusing bolts and everything, idk I think a new one is the better way since its all new including new bolts. Six states said 425 period
The worse part is trying to find time to work on her when you work full time, go to school and have kids lol:-) but like I said to wifey got to work on my other baby too ;-)
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #6011
SunDown
Member
 
SunDown's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 251
Sooo, it turns out one of my tires has a flat spot on it. I'm suspecting it was from an impact, or just sitting in the parking lot too long. I don't really know what causes these things, but it makes me worry about the tire. Now I get to go tire shopping with my next paycheck. Any recommendations? This is my daily driver, but I hope to get out in the hills on weekends...someday lol

I did get to go out past Pleasant Valley last weekend for a couple of hours. Had a blast.
jeepresized.jpg  
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokerdog View Post
75mph and TJ's don't mix. Your Jeep is a brick on roller skate with a tractor motor.

Last edited by SunDown; 08-07-2013 at 09:44 AM..
SunDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #6012
pineda22
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Grand View, Idaho
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyRobbins View Post
Sooo, it turns out one of my tires has a flat spot on it. I'm suspecting it was from an impact, or just sitting in the parking lot too long. I don't really know what causes these things, but it makes me worry about the tire. Now I get to go tire shopping with my next paycheck. Any recommendations? This is my daily driver, but I hope to get out in the hills on weekends...someday lol
im running firestone destination m/t on my jeep and love them ive put 5k on them and play in the rocks all the time (my dd as well) and no real noticable wear i love em if i ever did get a different set i would probably got to the dick cepek crushers that sparrows is running ive been impressed time and time again with how well he can get them to bite in the rocks and in the mud. bolth tires have great self cleaning properties but the down side is they bolth are kinda expensive (my 33x10.5R17 were $1100 for 4 before my company discount)
__________________
[COLOR="Yellow"]/l[/COLOR] ,[____],
l---L [COLOR="DarkOrange"]-[/COLOR]OlllllllO[COLOR="darkorange"]-
[/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]()[/COLOR]_)-[COLOR="Silver"]()[/COLOR]_)-[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]-)_)
If it dont fit.....force it. if it breaks.....it needed replaced anyway
pineda22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #6013
SunDown
Member
 
SunDown's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineda22 View Post
im running firestone destination m/t on my jeep and love them ive put 5k on them and play in the rocks all the time (my dd as well) and no real noticable wear i love em if i ever did get a different set i would probably got to the dick cepek crushers that sparrows is running ive been impressed time and time again with how well he can get them to bite in the rocks and in the mud. bolth tires have great self cleaning properties but the down side is they bolth are kinda expensive (my 33x10.5R17 were $1100 for 4 before my company discount)
Did I see the word discount in there? How much of a discount are we talking about? And is this a "Friends, Family, and Jeep" discount? lol

Just kidding. I just hate the idea of spending that much money on tires right after I bought the damn thing. Too many bills and not enough paychecks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokerdog View Post
75mph and TJ's don't mix. Your Jeep is a brick on roller skate with a tractor motor.
SunDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #6014
Cwest22
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mountain home, Id
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyRobbins

Did I see the word discount in there? How much of a discount are we talking about? And is this a "Friends, Family, and Jeep" discount? lol

Just kidding. I just hate the idea of spending that much money on tires right after I bought the damn thing. Too many bills and not enough paychecks.
I got my km2's and eagle alloys for 50 bucks!!! thanks Vic lol
__________________
[url]http://www.exiledoffroad.com/[/url]
Cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #6015
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...
 
ChiliPalmer's Avatar
1984 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posts: 3,191
I've always had good luck buying tires online then going to Walmart and having them installed. Never had a problem with the Walmart on Fairview just East of Eagle.

Up here in CDA though I have found a couple of those used tire places that are pretty decent and cheaper than Walmart, may want to look around for one down there.

If you need cheap tires check out https://www.treadwright.com. You can't beat 4 tires to your door for less than $550. Another $50 or $60 to install at Walmart and you're done.

I've used them twice in the past with good luck. Some 245/75/16's on my WJ (I actually have a brand new spare for sale if anyone is interested) and some 265/75/16's for my Super Duty.

Pros: Cheap, lots of tread, very soft compound, stick to everything. My kids hated them because they couldn't do a burnout

Cons: Very soft compound. I did get about 40K out of one set though. I had about 30K on another set (on my F250 at that) before I sold them for new tires, they probably had about 10K left. The really need to be rotated frequently due to the soft compound. Mine started getting pretty noisy towards the end.


EDIT: They've even passed the Pirate4x4.com test

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...ght-tires.html
__________________


Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.