Idaho - Page 387 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Reply
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #5791
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
If I had that experience with a shop; I would not be happy either.
I'm really not happy at all and I honestly don't know what to do or another shop that could even fix it. And even if another shop could, they would charge me an arm and a leg to sort through the wiring and travel the issue, whereas Josh should honor his work and make it right.

Pretty much what is going on is my tail lights are feeding back to the aw4 computer and causing it to unlock the torque converter. So whenever my lights are on or I use my turn signals it drops out of overdrive. This means I cannot drive at highway speeds at night as it essentially stays in 3rd. I'm at a loss on what to do.

Cheers

__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #5792
Dogman
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 5,225
So 9am @ Dan's Ferry tomorrow?
__________________
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #5793
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

I'm really not happy at all and I honestly don't know what to do or another shop that could even fix it. And even if another shop could, they would charge me an arm and a leg to sort through the wiring and travel the issue, whereas Josh should honor his work and make it right.

Pretty much what is going on is my tail lights are feeding back to the aw4 computer and causing it to unlock the torque converter. So whenever my lights are on or I use my turn signals it drops out of overdrive. This means I cannot drive at highway speeds at night as it essentially stays in 3rd. I'm at a loss on what to do.

Cheers
Man that really sucks I am sorry to hear that, what shop is that so I know to stay away if you don't want to talk trash on here pm me. But I just really want to know what shops to stay away from thanks

Roads ? what are roads???
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #5794
jaspepp
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: boise, ID
Posts: 368
I'm in dogman. See you there
jaspepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #5795
Dogman
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 5,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspepp View Post
I'm in dogman. See you there
__________________
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #5796
Tumbleweed01
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 956
Sparrows-you describe at least two seperate areas that are trouble. The taillights and the turn signal/brakelights are two systems. I believe that Chris Bowman in Mtn Home could help you fix your issues. He owns Bowman Transmission there on Air Base Road. He is an avid off roader and a member of Wild West Off Road. You might give him a call and talk it over at least. 599-1050 is his #. He can be hard to catch on the phone, a text might be easiest or keep trying. He will be at the mud drags in Mtn Home on the 20th also.

Edit: My first thought is that a seperate power source could be used to bypass and operate the OD function.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #5797
MWESTCOTT
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: filer, idaho
Posts: 99
Bam!!

2013-07-14-13.53.23-1.jpg
__________________
1989 xj -- need i say more
MWESTCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #5798
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...
 
ChiliPalmer's Avatar
1984 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posts: 3,195
Pow!!
100_2893.jpg

__________________


Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #5799
MWESTCOTT
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: filer, idaho
Posts: 99
almost twins
__________________
1989 xj -- need i say more
MWESTCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #5800
Cwest22
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mountain home, Id
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
Pow!!
Both look awesome
__________________
[url]http://www.exiledoffroad.com/[/url]
Cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #5801
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
Sparrows-you describe at least two seperate areas that are trouble. The taillights and the turn signal/brakelights are two systems. I believe that Chris Bowman in Mtn Home could help you fix your issues. He owns Bowman Transmission there on Air Base Road. He is an avid off roader and a member of Wild West Off Road. You might give him a call and talk it over at least. 599-1050 is his #. He can be hard to catch on the phone, a text might be easiest or keep trying. He will be at the mud drags in Mtn Home on the 20th also.

Edit: My first thought is that a seperate power source could be used to bypass and operate the OD function.
Thanks for the contact info. I will give them a.call Monday. Its really just one problem; whenever my tail lights get power the OD kicks off. The.computer thinks I'm hitting the breaks whenever they have power put to them. It was suggested to me to run an OD toggle switch, and honestly I could live with that, but I honestly feel like it should just work right and it was obviously hooked up incorrectly which is a warrenty issue.

Sorry I had to back out of the meatgrinder trip today.

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #5802
MWESTCOTT
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: filer, idaho
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22 View Post

Both look awesome
just did mine today!!
__________________
1989 xj -- need i say more
MWESTCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #5803
Cwest22
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mountain home, Id
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWESTCOTT

just did mine today!!
Couldn't imagine just sawing the top off a xj like that. It looks sweet though, like its suppose to be that way.
__________________
[url]http://www.exiledoffroad.com/[/url]
Cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #5804
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...
 
ChiliPalmer's Avatar
1984 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posts: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWESTCOTT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWESTCOTT View Post
just did mine today!!
Lookin' good, I love a chopped 2 door XJ! I would suggest you put a cage in it before going out and playing in the rocks. Even though I have a cage it originally wasn't tied to the body (other than the 6 points to the frame) and I still have some kinks and dents from the body bending. Now it's tied to the upper part of the body as well so the kinks aren't getting any worse.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22 View Post
Couldn't imagine just sawing the top off a xj like that. It looks sweet though, like its suppose to be that way.
I always planned on it and one day Dogman and I were sitting around and one of us said "well now what" and I'm sure my response was something like, "I suppose we could cut the top off, it's coming off someday, why not today", and the rest is history!

The top comes off in post 23 of my build thread.

http://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f2...cg-xj-35s-3392
__________________


Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #5805
Cwest22
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mountain home, Id
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer

Lookin' good, I love a chopped 2 door XJ! I would suggest you put a cage in it before going out and playing in the rocks. Even though I have a cage it originally wasn't tied to the body (other than the 6 points to the frame) and I still have some kinks and dents from the body bending. Now it's tied to the upper part of the body as well so the kinks aren't getting any worse.

I always planned on it and one day Dogman and I were sitting around and one of us said "well now what" and I'm sure my response was something like, "I suppose we could cut the top off, it's coming off someday, why not today", and the rest is history!

The top comes off in post 23 of my build thread.

http://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f2...cg-xj-35s-3392
That's awesome chili! Did you have it on Craigslist for awhile?
__________________
[url]http://www.exiledoffroad.com/[/url]
Cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.