Idaho - Page 386 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 07-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #5776
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01
TJ Dana 30 is 27 spline.
I am going to go out on a limb here and give some unsolicited engine advice. Do whatever you want to but it is pretty solid advice for current engines. Mopar has made the inline 6 engine for quite a few years, first the 232, 258, 4.2L and the 4.0L. Same basic engine with some differences in carbs, fuel injection, and electronic controls. The later 4.0L that is computer run and fuel injected is pretty darned efficient, they took alot of time in developing it. If you take and change one end of a component, i.e. the fuel inectors; the computer and sensors will try to adjust for that but they only can do so much stock. Until you reprogram that computer and possibly change sensors, you are basically beating a dead horse. Simply put and I hope you can follow that. You may get a bit of improvement, but likely it won't be alot. Now, if you were to match the computer to the sensors, to the fuel injectors, to the timing, to the cam timing, to the air ratios, etc; then you could see large improvements. You won't see much by changing just one part of the total package. In the old pre computer days we could change everything else to match and get large gains of improvement. Today that damned computer just adjusts it where it wants to and that is what you get. A compromise. Mopar really did a pretty good job on the 4.0L, I would not mess with it. No throttle body whistlers, no neon injectors, no fancy exhausts, etc.
Now, if you really need to feel some seat of the pants acceleration; change your gear ratios or tire size. Done. Throw some 4.56's in there with those 31's and really notice a change. (And crappy mileage). Price you pay to play.
This advice was free, and worth exactly what you gave for it.
Thanks for the advice tumbleweed!!!

Unread 07-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #5777
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22

Thanks for the advice tumbleweed!!!
X2 simple and not bad advice to boot :-)

Roads ? what are roads???

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #5778
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Jason and John are going and they are locked f/r. They should walk over it pretty easy I think. After that, we can hook a strap/winch for the rest of us to ease over it if we have problems.

Cheers
There is a bypass for the waterfall. I've tried it and my wheelbase killed me. I'll watch this time
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #5779
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post

There is a bypass for the waterfall. I've tried it and my wheelbase killed me. I'll watch this time
Haha. Yeah I remember the story you told me. I don't mind pulling to the top and running a tag line to my Jeep for you like you wanted. That way you can say you did it!

cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:25 AM   #5780
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1992 XJ Cherokee 

The water fall is all about wheel base. The extra 10" in an XJ makes a difference

Me...

A TJ on the same day...

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #5781
xtreemlee
2006 LJ Wrangler 

where is this trail???
xtreemlee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #5782
pineda22
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
TJ Dana 30 is 27 spline.
I am going to go out on a limb here and give some unsolicited engine advice. Do whatever you want to but it is pretty solid advice for current engines. Mopar has made the inline 6 engine for quite a few years, first the 232, 258, 4.2L and the 4.0L. Same basic engine with some differences in carbs, fuel injection, and electronic controls. The later 4.0L that is computer run and fuel injected is pretty darned efficient, they took alot of time in developing it. If you take and change one end of a component, i.e. the fuel inectors; the computer and sensors will try to adjust for that but they only can do so much stock. Until you reprogram that computer and possibly change sensors, you are basically beating a dead horse. Simply put and I hope you can follow that. You may get a bit of improvement, but likely it won't be alot. Now, if you were to match the computer to the sensors, to the fuel injectors, to the timing, to the cam timing, to the air ratios, etc; then you could see large improvements. You won't see much by changing just one part of the total package. In the old pre computer days we could change everything else to match and get large gains of improvement. Today that damned computer just adjusts it where it wants to and that is what you get. A compromise. Mopar really did a pretty good job on the 4.0L, I would not mess with it. No throttle body whistlers, no neon injectors, no fancy exhausts, etc.
Now, if you really need to feel some seat of the pants acceleration; change your gear ratios or tire size. Done. Throw some 4.56's in there with those 31's and really notice a change. (And crappy mileage). Price you pay to play.
This advice was free, and worth exactly what you gave for it.

thanks tumbleweed! i think im going to go with these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHf-6...ded:2thumbsup:
simply for the fact of better atomization which has more efficient burn look at the videw its pretty interesting the difference between the stock 1 hole and bosh 4 hole (same fuel flow)
If it dont fit.....force it. if it breaks.....it needed replaced anyway
pineda22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #5783
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i wonder what all this guy broke jumping his what looks stock tj awesome air though

Cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #5784
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreemlee View Post
where is this trail???
The videos I posted were taken right here: 43.270189, -116.679067

As always I would recommend going with a group of people (at least one other capable vehicle) if you're going to attempt any trail. That being said, there is a road right next to this trail so any stock 4x4 could drive along and watch, as is often the case.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #5785
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Engine performance; technology is catching up quickly and times are a changing. What I will describe is now available locally for Chevy small and big block gas motors, many diesels, and soon to be for Ford and Mopar gas motors. It will be using software and programs to rewrite your computer.
They can rewrite your vehicle computer to change timing, fuel injector timing, knock sensor values, shift points and duration, idle speeds, temperatures, etc. The list is nearly endless. Cost is in the $200 range. To better explain this, I had my Chevy pickup with the 5.3L gas motor done last Nov. Let's use it as the example.
Stock my truck lists 284HP. I chose a basic tune that should give me a little more mid range, maybe some mpg, and no changes to smog controls or shift points in the transmission. An hour or so later this is what I got back. 315HP, one mpg increase at highway speeds, no smog changes and no shift changes. I did not want all out performance or to bypass any smog check requirements. 31HP increase-dyno verified on a similar truck with the same tune! An 11% increase in HP! That is a bunch. And no decrease in mpg.
Consider that in 1967 a SS Camaro was the same engine size (327ci) and 325HP. Those were muscle cars back then, and now my 4x4 pickup crewcab gets nearly the same HP. And you can feel the difference in the seat of your pants.
Best improvement mod I have ever done on any vehicle.
BTW, the majority of KOH racers are using the same technology now.
For more local info, contact Josh at Skinny Pedal Products (or Voodoo Injection-same guy).
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #5786
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Use # 743 for duct tape-
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
Unread 07-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #5787
MoparFreak69
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry guys, I won't be able to make the run tomorrow. Didn't get the YJ registered or finished with the crazy work schedule I had this week. Maybe next time.
[SIZE="5"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/myj-build-2-years-ago-today-1197236"]MYj Build[/URL][/SIZE]
MoparFreak69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #5788
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparFreak69
Sorry guys, I won't be able to make the run tomorrow. Didn't get the YJ registered or finished with the crazy work schedule I had this week. Maybe next time.
Not going to be able to make it tomorrow either next time though!
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #5789
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Tumbleweed - as always you are a wealth of information. I however cannot recommend Josh. I have had a warranty issue with him and he has blown me off for the last 4 months. In fact, I only bought the yj I did on his word since he did the motor swap for the p.o. I discovered a critical issue with his transmission wiring that must be fixed and after showing up to two scheduled appointments in which he never showed, and being blown off half a dozen more times, he won't even return my calls now. I've talked to multiple people that have had similar problems with his "customer service" I can say that I would personally tell anyone to find another shop.

It's unfortunate because his reputation as an ace mechanic is well known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22 View Post

Not going to be able to make it tomorrow either next time though!
Bummer!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #5790
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If I had that experience with a shop; I would not be happy either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.