Idaho - Page 382 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Reply
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #5716
Tumbleweed01
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 957
Suggestion for adding to your small first aid/medical kit that I know you keep in your vehicles.

Add a small tube of Oragel, and a box of Pepto Bismo tablets; and keep them in a small sandwich baggie to keep dry or from spilling onto something else.
The Oragel won't prevent or cure a toothache, but may numb it enough to not ruin your day out. The Pepto may ease an upset stomach enough to do the same.
They will keep nearly forever, too.

I know you keep a roll of duct tape in there too, did you know that use # 371 for duct tape is to pull stickers/thorns out? Slap some duct tape on and yank it off-many of the thorns will come out with it. Especially usefull for little kiddy hands.

Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #5717
Cwest22
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mountain home, Id
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01
Suggestion for adding to your small first aid/medical kit that I know you keep in your vehicles.

Add a small tube of Oragel, and a box of Pepto Bismo tablets; and keep them in a small sandwich baggie to keep dry or from spilling onto something else.
The Oragel won't prevent or cure a toothache, but may numb it enough to not ruin your day out. The Pepto may ease an upset stomach enough to do the same.
They will keep nearly forever, too.

I know you keep a roll of duct tape in there too, did you know that use # 371 for duct tape is to pull stickers/thorns out? Slap some duct tape on and yank it off-many of the thorns will come out with it. Especially usefull for little kiddy hands.
Thanks tumbleweed never thought about putting duct tape in the vehicles. I need a first aid kit.
__________________
[url]http://www.exiledoffroad.com/[/url]
Cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #5718
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22

Thanks tumbleweed never thought about putting duct tape in the vehicles. I need a first aid kit.
Alway keep a roll of duct tape in my first aid I know of a guy that was badly hurt in a wreck and a guy used duct tape to hold him together it happened up Idaho 21 about ten years ago, since then duct tape has alway been in my rig :-) and besides you can fix every thing with it too ;-)
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #5719
Tumbleweed01
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 957
Duct tape should be one of the first five things you keep in your rig. Tape up a broken window, use as electrical tape, repair or waterproof your boots, lash stuff back together, make a sling, repair a raincoat, repair tent poles, make an emergency bucket, repair your eyeglasses, patch that leaky bottle of oil or windshield washer tank, and a bazillion other things.
Costco has a pretty decent first aid kit for under $20. Think O'Rielleys and Autozone might have similar. Most first aid kits could use a little supplementing, like the above; or tweezers, or a little wallet sized magnifying card to get those tiny splinters; a throw away type small razor knife or blunt nosed scissors. Take a good look at what is in the kit, alot of stuff you don't use often. You will use bandaids, butterfly closures, tape, gauze, triple antibacterial cream. Maybe some alcohol or wet wipes. Aspirin or ibuprophen can be handy.
A small bar of dry bath soap if whittled down will plug a large hole in a fuel tank, it swells up. A large trash bag is good for trash, or as an emergency raincoat-just tear in a neck and arm holes, use that duct tape to secure it around your middle.
Don't go buy firestarter. Take a ziplock full of cotton balls, and a small trial size of hand sanitizer. When needed, soak a cotton ball and rub in the sanitizer. They are mostly alcohol anyway. And you can clean your hands, too.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #5720
Cwest22
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mountain home, Id
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01
Duct tape should be one of the first five things you keep in your rig. Tape up a broken window, use as electrical tape, repair or waterproof your boots, lash stuff back together, make a sling, repair a raincoat, repair tent poles, make an emergency bucket, repair your eyeglasses, patch that leaky bottle of oil or windshield washer tank, and a bazillion other things.
Costco has a pretty decent first aid kit for under $20. Think O'Rielleys and Autozone might have similar. Most first aid kits could use a little supplementing, like the above; or tweezers, or a little wallet sized magnifying card to get those tiny splinters; a throw away type small razor knife or blunt nosed scissors. Take a good look at what is in the kit, alot of stuff you don't use often. You will use bandaids, butterfly closures, tape, gauze, triple antibacterial cream. Maybe some alcohol or wet wipes. Aspirin or ibuprophen can be handy.
A small bar of dry bath soap if whittled down will plug a large hole in a fuel tank, it swells up. A large trash bag is good for trash, or as an emergency raincoat-just tear in a neck and arm holes, use that duct tape to secure it around your middle.
Don't go buy firestarter. Take a ziplock full of cotton balls, and a small trial size of hand sanitizer. When needed, soak a cotton ball and rub in the sanitizer. They are mostly alcohol anyway. And you can clean your hands, too.
Wow, I'm way under prepared in my kit. Thanks for dropping that knowledge tumbleweed. I carry a military issue poncho/tent in my rig or those occasions that I may need it. I carry electrical tape, I will carry duct tape with me know as well. With a baby on the way I definitely need to ip my first aid game!
__________________
[url]http://www.exiledoffroad.com/[/url]
Cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #5721
pineda22
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Grand View, Idaho
Posts: 557
Gunna pickup my radiator today so hopefully ill have the Heep up and running this evening wish me luck guys!!
__________________
[COLOR="Yellow"]/l[/COLOR] ,[____],
l---L [COLOR="DarkOrange"]-[/COLOR]OlllllllO[COLOR="darkorange"]-
[/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]()[/COLOR]_)-[COLOR="Silver"]()[/COLOR]_)-[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]-)_)
If it dont fit.....force it. if it breaks.....it needed replaced anyway
pineda22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #5722
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineda22 View Post
Gunna pickup my radiator today so hopefully ill have the Heep up and running this evening wish me luck guys!!
Good luck.
Radiator is easy peasy so you shouldn't have any problems.

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #5723
pineda22
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Grand View, Idaho
Posts: 557
got my radiator in new thermostat flushed the system,all new coolant and added some royal purple "ICE" antifreeze additive and the jeeps ran nice and cool (190-195ish) this morning to work ill have to see what itll run during the hot part of the day but i think its done!!


And if your coming to the BBQ fri night at my place im planning on starting the grill up arround 7ish if you need me to start later let me know!!
__________________
[COLOR="Yellow"]/l[/COLOR] ,[____],
l---L [COLOR="DarkOrange"]-[/COLOR]OlllllllO[COLOR="darkorange"]-
[/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]()[/COLOR]_)-[COLOR="Silver"]()[/COLOR]_)-[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]-)_)
If it dont fit.....force it. if it breaks.....it needed replaced anyway
pineda22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #5724
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineda22 View Post
got my radiator in new thermostat flushed the system,all new coolant and added some royal purple "ICE" antifreeze additive and the jeeps ran nice and cool (190-195ish) this morning to work ill have to see what itll run during the hot part of the day but i think its done!!

And if your coming to the BBQ fri night at my place im planning on starting the grill up arround 7ish if you need me to start later let me know!!
Glad to hear you got it sorted out!
We should be coming down to see ya, but it may not be until later than 7. I'm still figuring out if Bre is coming. She doesn't get off work until like 8 or so....

I'll text you as soon as I know!

The video is on hold for a minute. I got a blue screen of death on my comp and I'm trying to figure that out. :

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #5725
pineda22
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Grand View, Idaho
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Glad to hear you got it sorted out!
We should be coming down to see ya, but it may not be until later than 7. I'm still figuring out if Bre is coming. She doesn't get off work until like 8 or so....

I'll text you as soon as I know!
Cheers
Ill save you some burgers man no biggie is justin comin or is he workin?
__________________
[COLOR="Yellow"]/l[/COLOR] ,[____],
l---L [COLOR="DarkOrange"]-[/COLOR]OlllllllO[COLOR="darkorange"]-
[/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]()[/COLOR]_)-[COLOR="Silver"]()[/COLOR]_)-[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]-)_)
If it dont fit.....force it. if it breaks.....it needed replaced anyway
pineda22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #5726
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineda22 View Post

Ill save you some burgers man no biggie is justin comin or is he workin?
Cool bro! He will be working. We need to go get hosed in his bar together one night lol!

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #5727
pineda22
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Grand View, Idaho
Posts: 557
haha im soooo game just gotta convince the wife to let me go alone lol i love her to death but she can be a debbie downer when wo go partyin sometimes haha
__________________
[COLOR="Yellow"]/l[/COLOR] ,[____],
l---L [COLOR="DarkOrange"]-[/COLOR]OlllllllO[COLOR="darkorange"]-
[/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]()[/COLOR]_)-[COLOR="Silver"]()[/COLOR]_)-[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]-)_)
If it dont fit.....force it. if it breaks.....it needed replaced anyway
pineda22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #5728
Cwest22
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mountain home, Id
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineda22
haha im soooo game just gotta convince the wife to let me go alone lol i love her to death but she can be a debbie downer when wo go partyin sometimes haha
Need a dd I'm good at that lol! On the jeep side of things I took my flares off so no more rubbing on those. No doors no top no problems.

Can't wait for tube fenders!!!
image-1223124537.jpg

Anybody wanna run this weekend?
__________________
[url]http://www.exiledoffroad.com/[/url]
Cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #5729
MoparFreak69
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 1,278
WOW where has time gone? I guess its been over a year since my last post on here. Crazyness.
Still have the YJ although it hasn't been driven in over a year. Slowly working on getting a few things taken care of to get it back on the road again though.
I still don't have the replacement 318 built up for it lol. The block is still sitting on the engine stand collecting dust, up to about 1/4" by now! I think I may have a cure for the twitchy steering I was dealing with after the engine swap. Will find out later this week when the replacement power steering pump gets in.

Hey Chili, i'm gonna be up your way next weekend (20th) to pick up a puppy. Pm me your number if you think you will be around to meet up to bs for a bit. Will be in the wife's car so asphalt only this trip
__________________
90 YJ 5.2 Magnum, AX-15, 231 SYE'd
D44 front, welded/trussed AMC20HD rear. 4.56 gears soonish.
Western 6 lug aluminum wheels, with 35x12.50x15 Wrangler MTRs
[SIZE="5"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/myj-build-2-years-ago-today-1197236"]MYj Build[/URL][/SIZE]
MoparFreak69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #5730
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineda22 View Post
haha im soooo game just gotta convince the wife to let me go alone lol i love her to death but she can be a debbie downer when wo go partyin sometimes haha
Haha understood! Maybe next weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22 View Post

Need a dd I'm good at that lol! On the jeep side of things I took my flares off so no more rubbing on those. No doors no top no problems.

Can't wait for tube fenders!!!

Anybody wanna run this weekend?
Cool man! Looking killer!
I think me and Jason may be running meatgrinder on Sunday if anyone wants in.....

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.