Idaho - Page 381 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #5701
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

When my TJ radiator blew, I went to Mac's in Boise on Chinden. Think it was under $150 and they had it in stock. Sure, the Mopar radiator is a best buy but I would not hesitate to get one with a lifetime warranty. I know Mr Blaine and Jerry B and their advice is good however I would price that Mopar radiator first. You could try to talk with Dennis at Autozone in Mtn Home, he is my brother; call ahead and see what he can do for you. He works part time, not sure of the shifts.
Purple's water wetter is good for a max of 10* difference and the old stuff mixed with water and not antifreeze. You do not want to run your temp much lower than 200-210 as the computer will fight it and basically run worse. Pre computers, yes; now, no. Serious motored drag racers and mud racers use it, but they don't usually run a computer.
Change your thermostat which is likely what caused the problem; change your rad cap, and maybe the waterpump if you were having problems there. Be careful with the drain plug on the new radiator, they can strip out easily. Before you leave the parts house make sure there is one in the box.

Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #5702
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Northwest Motorfest-will not have the rock crawling demonstration this year. The event is July 13 and 14th. Big Jack had a stroke recently and they were not even sure until a couple of weeks ago if the event would go on. There was not enough time to secure a sponsor to pay the fees to set up a course, etc.
Great cars and trucks to go check out though.
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #5703
pineda22
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
When my TJ radiator blew, I went to Mac's in Boise on Chinden. Think it was under $150 and they had it in stock. Sure, the Mopar radiator is a best buy but I would not hesitate to get one with a lifetime warranty. I know Mr Blaine and Jerry B and their advice is good however I would price that Mopar radiator first. You could try to talk with Dennis at Autozone in Mtn Home, he is my brother; call ahead and see what he can do for you. He works part time, not sure of the shifts.
Purple's water wetter is good for a max of 10* difference and the old stuff mixed with water and not antifreeze. You do not want to run your temp much lower than 200-210 as the computer will fight it and basically run worse. Pre computers, yes; now, no. Serious motored drag racers and mud racers use it, but they don't usually run a computer.
Change your thermostat which is likely what caused the problem; change your rad cap, and maybe the waterpump if you were having problems there. Be careful with the drain plug on the new radiator, they can strip out easily. Before you leave the parts house make sure there is one in the box.
Thanks tumbleweed!!!! I called the zone yesterday and they have one on shelf for 149.99 but they said they would pricematch buy idk if that ment local prices or???
If it dont fit.....force it. if it breaks.....it needed replaced anyway
pineda22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #5704
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Happy birthday America :-)

image-487466496.jpg

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #5705
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Getting ready to watch fireworks on top of table rock in the wj was hoping the rocky trail would be enuf to discourage other people but it did not work plan 2 play my loud a$$ 15s to Steve miller band lol

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #5706
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Getting ready to watch fireworks on top of table rock in the wj was hoping the rocky trail would be enuf to discourage other people but it did not work plan 2 play my loud a$$ 15s to Steve miller band lol

So you're going to crank your music to drive them away? Well that's sounds like a courteous thing to do.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #5707
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Just to over power the rap ;-)

My build thread
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #5708
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, I'll take the Steve Miller band over rap any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

You're forgiven...

COTM - October 2012!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #5709
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Marble Canyon (aka Rattlesnake Canyon). Hardcore rock trail near Grandview. This buggy (Lehi's) has 44's or larger tires on it. The rocks in Marble Canyon like to roll under your rig and quite often have you turning into a turtle-high centered.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=2&theater

Hope that works because I don't know how to fix it.
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #5710
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

EDIT: Why doesn't the stupid quote feature work when doing a quick reply. It's driving me nuts The laugh was to Chili's comment.
Unread 07-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #5711
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer View Post
Ok, I'll take the Steve Miller band over rap any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

You're forgiven...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post

Fixed it for you!

COTM - October 2012!

Quote:
Unread 07-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #5712
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer

Fixed it for you!
Lol

My build thread
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #5713
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

So I got the video pretty much put together. Having problems with my comp crashing during file conversion again. but I should have it up online tomorrow if I can. Otherwise Monday for sure!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #5714
pderr676
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
So I got the video pretty much put together. Having problems with my comp crashing during file conversion again. but I should have it up online tomorrow if I can. Otherwise Monday for sure!

Cheers
Thank you for all of your hard work!
pderr676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #5715
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

Cheers
Sweet thanks man can't wait to see it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.