Idaho - Page 361 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Idaho Jeep Forum > Idaho

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #5401
pineda22
2000 TJ Wrangler 

so last night me and a friend decided to go fishing on the private property of simplot that is on the river above CJ strike dam we work for simplot and had written permission to be at the #4 pump station we were at........a new to the area fish and game officer showed up about an hour into fishing and proceded to say we were tresspassing and that the promission we had was for a different pump station........(i grew up here....my dad has worked for simplot for 37 years my mom for 4 my wife for 1 and myself for 6 i think i know where the pump stations are and where we were allowed to fish) so my question for you guys is being that we had caught 0 fish was the fish cop blowing smoke when he said that he could take my fishing gear AND my jeep if we didnt leave? sounds like pure BS to me but maby theres some dumb law out there that says he can?

i forgot to tell you guys that the area we were in was fenced off and i was givin a key to the gate when i got written promission

If it dont fit.....force it. if it breaks.....it needed replaced anyway
pineda22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #5402
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineda22
so last night me and a friend decided to go fishing on the private property of simplot that is on the river above CJ strike dam we work for simplot and had written permission to be at the #4 pump station we were at........a new to the area fish and game officer showed up about an hour into fishing and proceded to say we were tresspassing and that the promission we had was for a different pump station........(i grew up here....my dad has worked for simplot for 37 years my mom for 4 my wife for 1 and myself for 6 i think i know where the pump stations are and where we were allowed to fish) so my question for you guys is being that we had caught 0 fish was the fish cop blowing smoke when he said that he could take my fishing gear AND my jeep if we didnt leave? sounds like pure BS to me but maby theres some dumb law out there that says he can?

i forgot to tell you guys that the area we were in was fenced off and i was givin a key to the gate when i got written promission
I'm not sure about all the fishing laws. I know that if you are poaching while hunting they can take everything from you including anything you used such as a jeep.
Timbo24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #5403
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Ha what a d**k but yea he actually can take your gear and your ride...
Unread 05-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #5404
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24

I'm not sure about all the fishing laws. I know that if you are poaching while hunting they can take everything from you including anything you used such as a jeep.
All wild life crimes are theated the same

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #5405
pineda22
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i dindt have any guns but had some shells for my 12 and 10/22 and haddent caught any fish i think he was just picked on in highschool or somethin i stayed respectful the whole time he was being a d**k i know a few of the local fish cops but this guy was new maby trying to make a name for himself idk
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #5406
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i dindt have any guns but had some shells for my 12 and 10/22 and haddent caught any fish i think he was just picked on in highschool or somethin i stayed respectful the whole time he was being a d**k i know a few of the local fish cops but this guy was new maby trying to make a name for himself idk
Yea, usually if you don't have any game they just check your license and be on there way. They aren't police so thy can't tell you your trespassing an you need to leave without a officer there.
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #5407
pineda22
2000 TJ Wrangler 

thats what i figured but wasnt gunna risk the jeep haha
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #5408
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22

Yea, usually if you don't have any game they just check your license and be on there way. They aren't police so thy can't tell you your trespassing an you need to leave without a officer there.
Idk I had a friend get a DUI from a fish cop lol he needed that finally he quit drinking lol

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #5409
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22 View Post
You may want to do a little reading before you tell one of them they're not the law.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/enforce/

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #5410
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho

Idk I had a friend get a DUI from a fish cop lol he needed that finally he quit drinking lol
That's different. I'm not very familiar with idaho laws, because I'm from Texas. I
Unread 05-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #5411
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer

You may want to do a little reading before you tell one of them they're not the law.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/enforce/
Thanks for the read chili, needed a bit a education on that. I
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #5412
pineda22
2000 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the info chili!
Unread 06-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #5413
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Anybody wanna buy a set of jeep jk Oscar mike/freedom edition wheels? 17's 5x5?
Timbo24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #5414
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwest22 View Post
Thanks for the read chili, needed a bit a education on that. I
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineda22 View Post
thanks for the info chili!
Anytime. Wouldn't want people spouting out incorrect information on the internet; that would be illegal - at least that's what I read on the internet

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #5415
Cwest22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer

Anytime. Wouldn't want people spouting out incorrect information on the internet; that would be illegal - at least that's what I read on the internet
Everything on the Internet is true chili lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.